• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 948 Views, 3 Comments

The Night's little knights - Banksyt



A mysterious orphanage is founded by the lunar princess.

  • ...
2
 3
 948

Luna gets guards, night guards

Chapter 2

Luna gets guards, night guards

It’s been eights years since Luna last saw the little maroon foal. She can hardly remember what he looked liked, and doubted even more that he resembled that form anymore. It was a clear night, the weather patrol were told to clear the skies to make way for an important event tonight. Celestia was hosting, and of course the party was for all the higher ups in Canterlot society. So Luna decided to forgo soiree, despite the opportunities to make some of them wish they weren’t wearing such ‘lovely’ clothes. Luna sighed, there was absolutely nothing for her to do. Which is why she found her thoughts drifting off to the night she happened upon her little red foal. “ what I would give to see him again.” But no matter what she wanted, her plans were just not in fruition yet. Mostly because Luna had to tiptoe around Celestia’s attention to get everything running. Can’t raise a foal, ha, I will be the last one to laugh this time sister.

As if summoned by thought Celestia knocks on her door. “Luna? Are you in there? You can’t stay in there all night, at least come out and get something for dinner.”

“But i’m not hungry Tia.” Luna’s stomach growled, really loudly, contradicting what she just said. It practically roared.

“I heard that Luna! Come on, you don’t need to talk to anypony if you don’t want. Just get out of that room please?” I swear on the moon you will pay you traitor. Luna thought to her stomach, it just answered by rumbling some more. You win...This time.

“Fine, we will be out shortly.”

***

Earlier that day

Orion shield* sat at the bottom of the stairs. Bored. So very bored. Thoughts of turning all appliances in the house on passed through his mind. The blender would definitely get some attention, but the holy grail of noise called out to him. The stereo. Such a beautiful contraption, Orion had long dedicated everything about it to memory. Oh so many gigahertz of power, all at his hoof tips. A maniacal grin spread across his face. They said he would not be able to figure out how to make it work, they said it would just be a bunch and letters and numbers. How wrong they would be, but today was not the day. Because with great power comes great responsibility to use it at the perfect time for maximum chaos.

“ORION! WHERE ARE YOU? IT’S TIME!” Orion jumped.

“I’m down here!”

“OH GOOD! GET READY, WE'RE GOING NOW!” Night Scope walked down the stairs, looking through her saddle bag. I swear I just had it.

“What are you looking for Night scope?”

“A very important note, you haven’t seen it have you? It’s got Luna’s crest on it...”

“Oh! Are we going to see her? Do I get to meet her?” The name always sparked an insatiable urge to meet her, and with what they tell foals these days, about how she controlled an army who almost took over Equestria. It's no wonder foals admired her, especially the boys. For Orion it was no different, except that he remember seeing her once. Despite being told he's never seen her in real life.

"Maybe, you'll see. Now do you have everything you want to bring? We’re not coming back you know."

"Yea I know!" Maybe it was enough to excite to the point where anything that went in one ear, just went out the other. Scope sighed, good thing she had gone through everything before hoof, just in case. They were moving. Well Orion shield was moving. To his new home, which was not a new prospect to him. But if everything had gone to plan, it would be his last move. Hopefully.

Night scope opened the door, and called for Orion to follow. He came running from the living room. Probably wanted to have one more go at jumping on the couch.

So they left the small apartment in ponyville and walked out for the train station. It was a normal ponyville day, the sun was far up in the sky, the clouds drifted lazily by and everypony was awake. Night Scope almost chided herself for leaving on such a great day. Nevertheless they arrived at the train station, but as they boarded the train to Canterlot, Orions master plan was set in motion.

After a brief moment of ponyville silence.

*"BOOM-BOOOOM-WUB-WUB-WUB-WUB-ZZZ-WUB-ZZZ-WUB-BOOM-ZZZ-WUB-WUB-BOOOM"* Cranked way past 18, Dj-pon3's new song blasted throughout ponyville.

No pony was spared. Even the foals.

***

Luna could not get enough food. It was killing her. No matter how matter how much she tried, only two plate of what could be called ‘nothing’ would never fill her up. But social constructs said she was to eat a small amount of food on a tiny plate. That she couldn't have half a pumpkin all for herself was just madness. Needless to say Luna was struggling to stay controlled during the dinner. I swear to faust, if I didn't need this food, all these ponies would be sorry they were here. "Luna? If you want, I can just have Flambe bring something up to your room." OH SWEET RELIEF!

"That would be most appreciated dear sister, I apologize everypony but there are other matters I must attend to" Like chomping down on a great big water melon. They all nodded in perfect unison, and all exactly alike. Like they were all just robots.

So Luna walked back to her room, in exactly the same state she was not one hour ago. Sat in the exact same spot, and continued to daydream about nothing in particular. It was almost customary for her now. She didn’t have as much time as she wished to go visit Twilight and her friends these days. So instead she sat in her favorite spot, and contemplated the secrets of the universe*. ‘Meh’, she told the universe. It could keep its secrets for a while longer. As she swiveled around to head for her bathroom door, somepony knocked on the door. “Yes?”

“C’est moi Princess.”

“Ah, Flambe. Come in then.” Flambe walked into the room backwards pulling a cart with a silver platter with a huge cover on top. When he arrived at the middle of the room, at the foot of Luna’s bed, Flambe with one swift movement unveiled his master creation. An inponyly large baguette filled with every flower one could list with a floralists guide to flowers. Luna eyed it with great craving. “Have I ever mentioned how much joy you bring to me Flambe?”

“Oui, but I prefer to think that you bring me joy princess,” and with a bow Flambe left as quickly as he had arrived. Alone with her Sanvich*, Luna’s mouth watered. ‘Dear Faust where do we start? Those roses look scrumptious...But those lilies are just mouth watering.’ So with hesitant resolve that she will get to those roses sometime in the future, she raised the Sandvich to her muzzle and took a bite so big, if the Sandvich wasn’t hers, it was now.

It was glorious, in every ecstasy filled way it could be. The petals seemed to melt onto her tongue like they were warm pieces of butter dipped in the most succulent sauces known to ponydom. The bread was crisp and tender, baked to a perfect compromise of beauty and taste. It’s sheer size was no deterrent to anypony would be so lucky as to happen upon it, unfinished. Of course, the possibility of that happening is about one to never.

Luna was sure she could die at that moment, and she would be happy. Of course that would only be the case if she was unaware of her imminent doom. Unfortunately the thing about imminent doom is that it doesn’t give you a choice, and Luna was free to not make any choices.

As Luna was thoroughly enjoying her sandvich (very thoroughly enjoying the sandvich, and at times mimicking the bass section of the Canterlot orchestra) Celestia walked up to her door. Having lived a very long life, Celestia had learned to distinguish many different sounds, including more intimate ones. But the concept of a sandvich was foreign to her, thusly the sounds that Luna was making were indistinguishable to Celestia from other such low and throaty moaning noises. Celestia turned beat red immediately, and guiltily eyed the keyhole. What she does next, we may never know.

***

Orion had gotten the lecture of his life, almost half of the train ride had been pure earfuls of reasons to never do that again. He had thought it was funny, his friends had probably thought it was funny. In fact he thought most ponies would find it rather cool, especially the resident DJ (who was the songs creator). Unfortunately, the one pony who he knew hated it, was sitting opposite from him. The train was nearing Canterlot, and Night Scope (thankfully) had run out of steam, and fallen asleep. But she had spent a greater amount of 3 hours giving him a verbal thrashing, and Orion knew that she could go on longer. Having been an ex-assistant to Luna meant she was well versed in the art of making arguments (long ones). Orion had long ago grown thick skin to the well articulated points Night Scope made. Thick skin actually being more akin to earmuffs, of magic. And its success had somehow led Orion to believe that many other ponies (of the male, unicorn persuasion) would love to learn about it.

As the train pulled into Canterlots station, the sun was setting. Orion had always thought it would be a nice sunset from Canterlot, although he had never accounted for the position the mountain face was in accordance to Canterlots train station. But the deep orange and red still colored the sky in a great big mix. Orion liked the sky, it didn’t matter to him whether it was night or day. He stared up into it, and admired it like it was a great pastel painting, which it probably was. Then the train whistle blew, and Orion realized he was outside the train on the platform, following a distinct lack of Night Scopes comments about modern architecture and spy glasses. He hesitated, was it really beneficial to him to get Night scope? Then he remembered the last 3 hours of his life, and quickly knocked on the window. Thus Night scope and Orion had made it successfully to Canterlot. “So when do we get to meet Luna? Huh?” Orion’s enthusiasm was not well met by Night Scope whose disheveled mane could have been mistaken for a birds nest made by a certain purple unicorn.

‘I don’t know Orion. Maybe later, but first we need to go find your new home first hmmm?’ Emphasizing the ‘first’ a little more than needed. Orion got the message though.

‘okay’. He didn’t mind, in fact he was rather excited to see where he would be living now. It probably wasn’t going to be as awesome as living in the same town and Pinkie Pie, but that didn’t get his hopes down. She always had a way of popping up here and there. Besides maybe this time he’ll be bunking with a few more kids. Celestia knew how boring it was living with Night scope only. Orion knew he was an orphan, it wasn’t that hard to figure it out. Night scope, his mother? When ponies gave rocks names maybe. Night Scope told him as well, long after he had found out, which relieved her to Orions continuous confusion. He understood now though, and thought that was a bit silly.

They were walking down some street, they really all looked the same to Orion. Boutique’s, bakeries and restaurants lined the edges. They were still open, which confused Orion a bit, But Night Scope was quick to give him a whole spiel about how ponies stay up longer in Canterlot (which didn’t apply to him apparently). He saw one bakery that had some cupcakes lined up in the window, designs of cutie marks were drawn on top. Another restaurant just next to it was named ‘Mane’, but it some obscure prench way that made no sense to Orion. The entire length of the street Orion’s eyes were darting to and fro. There was so much to look at, yet so little time (this did not deter Orion in making his new goal ‘visit every shop in canterlot’). Night scope shivered. She did not know why. She didn’t want to know why.

It was not long after they had departed from the train station that they had arrived at Canterlot palace. Orion had seen it before from ponyville, but it was so much more awesome up close. Not because of its stunning arches, and beautiful gardens, not to mention the exquisite towers. Rather because it was just so dang big. So big Orion thought it easy to get lost here. Which he immediately attempted to become. ‘Orion! Where are you going! Wait!’ Night Scopes pleas became just noise to Orion as he sped along random paths somehow finding his way into the palace. His adventure unfortunately was cut short when he ran head first into Celestia, who was in a position of great indecision.

‘oof’. Said Celestia.

‘Sorry! Bye!’ Said Orion, not paying much attention to the fact that he had run into the princess of the sun, and current victim of the universes most awkward situation. Celestia looked both ways to make sure nopony was around anymore, then sat there frozen, staring at the keyhole. All rational and irrational situations being played in her head.

“AHA! Got you now Orion!” Night Scope shouted as she chased after him, in what should, but for reasons including Celestia, is not being called ‘hot pursuit’.

Orion was making good ground, but ultimately he stood no chance against Night Scope. Who knowledge of the palace rivaled that of the back of her hoof (the simile never made sense to Night Scope, but it just sounded right). She weaved between the other assistants, and guards who were happy to see her, and then confused as they watched her go. Orion was indeed a fast runner, he had more energy than Night Scope could fathom these days, but he was no match for Night Scope on her home turf. Inevitably caught up to him, as he was inevitably caught by Night scope. ‘Thought you could get away did you now? Well you have much to learn young stallion. For example, NO pony can outrun me here in the palace.’ She gestured to the grand hall they were now standing in. ‘Not even the Wonderbolts.’

‘I bet Rainbow Dash could beat you though, she’s the fastest pony in Equestria.’ He boasted.

‘Not even Rainbow Dash, or have you forgotten her “Great multicolored prank”?’ Orion gasped, he’d forgotten. The prank was the grandest of pranks ever played by two ponies. The prank consisted of lots of washable paint, cannons, guards, and surprising amounts of balloons. The victims? Celestia and Luna. How it was pulled off? Nopony knows. Except that the perpetrators were never caught. Or atleast thats what the public was told. ‘I caught her, and her accomplice. Who regrettably slipped away while I was preoccupied with Rainbow Dash.’ Pinkie Pie, that much was obvious. ‘Never found out who she was, or if she was a he. But thats beside the point, fact is, I caught Rainbow Dash.’

‘It can’t be, they were never found!’ Orion couldn’t believe the fastest pony in Equestria had been caught, by Night Scope of all ponies.

‘Oh ho, so sure about that? Let me show you something then Orion.’ With a flash, the pair was transported to Night Scopes old room. It hadn’t changed a bit, Scope was happy for that. She then dropped Orion and began to rummage through her drawers. ‘Aha! Here it is.’ She pulled it out and hung it right in front of Orion.

‘B..Bu..But, thats not possible.’ What was not possible, or rather, was, a small tuft of Rainbow Dashes signature rainbow colored tail. Orions jaw hung precariously on its hinges.

‘You see now? No pony can escape me. Now! I think we have wasted enough time with this running about. Why don’t we see if we can’t find the armory?’

‘Huh? The armory? But why?’

‘You’ll see soon enough, follow me.’ Night Scope put away the tuft of hair, and walked out the door. Orion followed behind in newfound awe and respect. He realized that there certainly was more to Night Scope than he had realized. As he followed her, he wondered if she had ever been with the Equestrian secret service. He tried to imagine her scaling buildings with suckers on her hooves, but he just couldn’t. Attempting to forget the possibility that she had been a spy Orion and Scope walked into the armory. Which was empty. ‘Good’ Scope said under her breath as she walked to a section of wall, on the far side of the room. She then proceeded to press a button of some sort. Because after she did, a part of the wall shifted backwards and then slid over to the right. And somehow Orion found it much easier to believe that she had been a secret spy once. ‘Well don’t just stand there Orion.’

‘Oh, uh, okay.’ He walked into the room, which was pitch black, until Scope flipped a few switches. As the room lit up, Orion was surprised to find that it was quite small, and only housed helmets. ‘What’s with the helmets?’

‘Put one on and see.’ Orion looked back at her, as if to make sure that it was okay. She nodded. Grinning he walked over to the closest helmet, and slowly put one on. They were much like the one’s Celestia’s guards wore, but dark purple instead of gold and a bit more jagged. Orion didn’t notice anything at first but he slowly realized that he was growing taller. Then he looked back at Scope, who was grinning like he had never seen her grin. ‘Come, look at this mirror.’ She gestured to the mirror hung to the left of her. So orion walked up to it, but he was not prepared for what he saw.

He was a grown stallion. His coat was now a dark grey, instead of his maroon. He also managed to realize that he had wings now, which he tried to flare out, but they didn’t budge. Scope chuckled knowingly. Then Orion gasped, he didn’t have a horn anymore. Which meant no magic! Nonononononononononono!! Night Scope could clearly see him panic when he tried to grasp at his non-existent horn. So she pulled it off. Orion returned to his normal form, and activated his horn. He calmed down when he realized his horn was still there. ‘Sorry I didn’t tell you before, but the helmet is a magic tool that causes ponies to transform. But otherwise it would be too hard to explain why Luna’s new guards are eight year old foals.’

Orion gasped. ‘But...’

‘Yes, you’re not only going to meet Luna, you’ll be living with her now. Actually, here in the barrack, but you’ll spend a lot of your time with her. Taking lessons in magic, flying- Oof’. Orion cut her short with a great big hug. He squeezed and squeezed. ‘Now, don’t worry, you won’t lose your ability to do magic. Just temporarily.’ Orion nodded vigorously, eager to get on with it.

‘But I saw I had wings!’ He pointed out as if he were making a very significant discovery which needed to be shared with everyone immediately.

‘Thats right, you get wings.’ Orions eyes beamed. To him he had just been told that he was going to receive a very big prize for his discovery. So he picked the helmet up from the ground and slowly put it on. A stallion stood there now, not imposingly tall like Celestia’s guards, but taller than Night Scope. Orions new form was stocky, not overly buff, you could see that whom ever it was, or shall now be (Night scope stopped herself, such a line of thinking was on a one way track to crazy town) worked out a lot. His muzzle was very distinguished, you could clearly trace a line where his jawline was. His teeth were clean (or at least cleaner) and it looked like he could easily crush a watermelon with those babies.

‘Hey! I don’t have to look up to see your eyes now!’ Orion suddenly realized, and you could see the glint in his eyes. The same glint that made it clear to anybody that the aforesaid realization would be exploited at any chance. Like right now. ‘But you do! nya nya nyaaa~’ So Scope pulled the helmet of Orion, and he once again stood as a young foal, whom hadn’t even gotten all his ‘adult teeth’.

‘I beg to differ’ she countered, a sly grin plastered on her face.

‘HEY! Give it back!’

‘Ah, ah! What do we say?’ Scope’s motherly instincts kicked in.

‘Pleeeaaaassseee’ Orion said straining his voice.

‘Not unless you mean it.’ The further withholding of Orions new helmet made him mad, but he knew better than to pursue a path of defiance. Especially with Night Scope.

‘Please?’ It wasn’t exactly his best work, but it would suffice as Scope handed back his helmet.

‘Now that we know what it does, shall we go find out where you’ll be staying? Maybe we'll meet some other guards. Real guards.’

‘I am a real guard.’ Orion boasted as he put on his helmet and adopted his new form.

‘Not yet Orion. But maybe one day.’

‘Yea, one day.’ He spoke to himself softly, the goal slowly solidifying in his mind, and a cutie mark on his flank. But Orion was too preoccupied to notice as he walked out of the room, Night scope following.

***

The guards sleeping quarters were empty, except for one guard who slept at the far end of the room. The room was silent, save for the quiet snoring of aforementioned stallion (but he looked like a mare from here). Drat, I thought Shining armor would be here. Well, whomever that pony is will have to do. So she walked up to the sleeping beauty and kicked out of the bed.

‘AUAGUAGU! GILDED HELM REPORTING! I WAS JUST RESTING MY EYES SIR!’

‘Calm down Gilded, It’s just me Night scope.’ He directed his eyes at her, not turning his head, just incase Shining was playing with him. But all he saw was a kindly mare, who didn’t want to make him run ten miles for sleeping, at least that’s what he thought. He slumped to the ground in relief.

‘Oh Celestia, you scared me colorless Night. I haven’t seen you in, what? A whole year and this is how we meet up again?’

‘Aww, Gilded. You make it sound like you actually missed me.’

‘Well yea, I mean you didn’t even send a letter.’

‘GHKGKGKKHKH’ Little Orion then began to made throaty noises at the “lovey-dovey” scene unfolding in front of him. Night Scope audibly sighed.

‘I’m sorry to have to do this without an explanation Gilded, but I need you to put Orion here through initiation training now.’

‘What now? Why?’

‘Sorry, I can’t say. Just do it please?’ She fluttered her eyes a few times. Unable to say no the fluttering eyes Gilded resigned.

‘Fine, but will you at least tell me why he’s not wearing standard armor?’

‘Nope! Thanks so much Gilded! Take care of Orion! Orion, don’t even think about it! Bye!’ Then she slammed the door. Leaving Gilded Helm and Orion staring at each other. Awkwardly.

‘Uhhhh, okay. Lets...get down to training then shall we?’

***

Now that Orion will atleast have some formal training in the art of addressing Luna and others, I just need to notify her that we have arrived. Night was trotting down a cobble stone path leading up to the main tower. Soon, it will all fall into place.

***

The noises had stopped. Or rather receded to satisfied sighs, but Celestia had yet to move. She didn’t know if it was okay to go in now. As her sister (and strictly so) Celestia knew that Luna wasn’t done so quickly, and the absence of vocals did not make her think otherwise. What do I do now? Oh my, oh my, I don’t want to intrude, that would be rude of me. Not to mention weird. Then the door swung open, much to Celestia’s surprise, and Luna’s.

‘Oh sister. Did thou want to come in? we are sorry, but we were preoccupied with something and we didn’t hear you knock.’ But Before Celestia could even begin to choke up and not say anything, Night Scope rounded the corner.

‘Ah Princess Luna, Princess Celestia. So glad I could find you. Excuse me Celestia but I must see Luna.’

‘uhh’

‘So good to see you too Night Scope, we hope you have been faring well. Please come in, by all means. I’m sorry sister, but there is something we must attend to, alone.’ Thus Luna’s door slowly closed. Celestia mortified. Then Luna stuck her head out again. ‘Sister? We apologize if we may sound rude. But we require privacy.’

‘I-uh-I’ll go..then.’

‘Thank you!’ Luna called as her sister stalked down the hall. Her mind racing. So she just sat at the end of the hall and stared at Luna’s door. Trying her hardest to make rational sense of what was happening.

***

‘Well Night Scope, It is a pleasure to see you again. Are thee faring well?’ Luna asked as she sat at a small coffee table where the remnants of her past sandvich lay (actually only the tray was left, Kuna felt leaving anymore behind would be insulting the chef).

‘Of course my princess, I’m doing very well. Ponyville is a very nice little town, and I think I’ve settled down a little too much there to say myself.’

‘Oh, we understand completely, It is a rather nice town. We believe that the elements of harmony live there. I’m sure it would be a very nice place to live. The city tends to get rather rowdy at times. Ah, but you came here to speak of other things correct?’

‘Heh, I can never sidetrack you can I? No, well I did actually come here for a different reason than idle chit chat. I have brought Orion with me. He’s very eager to meet you Princess.’ Luna eyes widened. Orion was here, but, where?

‘Excuse me if I don’t follow, but where is he?’

‘Oh he’s currently with Gilded Helm, getting some training.’

‘Training? Whatever for?’

‘How else would he pass as a guard my princess? He also loves the helmet you made for him.’

‘Oh yes, of course, I remember now. Then that means-’

‘Oh yes, Orion is coming to stay with you now. I don’t think I can take care of him any longer, he’s becoming quite the rascal. Of course thats not the reason, I don’t want it to sound like i’m dumping him on you. No, no. But everything is ready.’

‘You mean we were able to successfully make all the preparations? Already?’ Luna thought it would take longer, seeing as there was more to organize than simple bedding and food. Not only that but the fact that it had to be done secretly with ponies she could trust. Night Scope for example, who had seen first hoof Luna’s determination to protect the foal. Luna counted herself very lucky to have ponies who understood her and wanted to help her.

***

‘So, new recruit? What is your name?’

‘Orion shield.’

‘Wrong,’ Orion looked at him like he was mad. He had just said his name. ‘Before anything that comes out of that mouth hole of yours I want to hear sir! And the last thing that comes out of that sorry little face of yours is sir! Do you understand me?’

‘Yes!’

‘What was that?!’

‘Yes...as in. yes?’ Gilded facehoofed. This was going to take a while.

***

‘Are you quite sure Orion will be okay?’

‘Oh yes, actually its Gilded i’m worried about’

‘hmm’ Luna sipped her tea.

‘hmm’ Night Scope sipped hers.

***

‘No, no, no! You say sir first, then say whatever you have to say. Then you say sir when you finished. Like this ‘Sir we need more medics sir!’

‘so...I need a medic sir?’ Orion scratched at his helmet. The notion of putting a word before and after everything you said was like algebra to him.

‘No! UGH! You put sir first!’

‘Sir is this how you do it?’

‘Yes-ah no! You have to say sir after too!’ When Gilded thought it was going to be another simple initiation test, a sir yes sir, followed by formal greetings to all higher ups, then getting armor. He didn’t realize that the first part was going to take more than half an hour.

‘Sir I think I understand sir!’

‘OH SWEET CELESTIA FINALLY! Okay now! Repeat after me! Princess Celestia...’

‘Sir Princess Celestia sir!’ Gilded pulled a double facehoof.

***

‘How has Orion been? Has he made a lot of friends in Ponyville?’ Luna asked as she stopped sipping her tea.

‘Oh he’s been great, and I think he almost had a crush on a sweet little filly at his school.’

‘Ah young love. Shame he had to leave her behind.’

‘Mmmm.’ Night Scope sipped her tea again.

‘Mmmm.’ As did Luna.

***

‘Now recite everything back to me. IN ORDER THIS TIME!’

‘Sir yes sir! Dear Princess. Salutations Princess. I regret to inform you Princess. My humble apologies princess. It is an honor princess....sir?’

‘Good! Wait...was that part of it, or do you have a question?’

‘Sir, I have a question sir!’

‘Well then spit it out!’

‘Sir, where is the toilet sir!’ Gilded slumped to the ground and pointed in the direction. Night Scope owes me BIG TIME.

***

Night Scope and Luna were talking idly about how their lives had been. Night Scope told Luna about all the trouble Orion had gotten himself into, and Luna just soaked them all in, like she was studying for a test. The day he had accidentally wandered into the everfree forest (Scope emphasized accidentally just in case), or that time where he brought down an entire bookshelf at Twilight’s library. His antics were pure gold to Luna, who cracked up and just about every time she could. Then Luna told her how she had been faring, her night court becoming more and more popular with the citizens and how much more work that meant for her. Not that she minded the work. It was just different.

They talked and talked, about the times before Scope left, her subsequent love live in the small town, if she had made any friends herself, and before either of them knew it, it was ten o’clock. And that was when Orion walked past Celestia, once again not knowing it was Celestia, and into Luna’s room (or at least he thought) then said ‘Greetings sir Princess Luna sir.’ Then yawned incredibly loud. Night scope was first to dismiss the strange greeting and talk.

‘Where’s Gilded? Isn’t he with you?’

‘He said he needed to lay down...something about a migraine...Good night Aunt Scope.’ Thus Luna was introduced to the first of her new guards.


*No relations to Shining shield. Yet.
*For example, how old her sister was. And sometimes, herself.
*So named because it has been noted to be on a entirely different level than a normal sandwich.

Comments ( 2 )

Authors notes:

Blargh, I hate being such a slow writer :applejackunsure:
But its here, and that's what matters...I think :twilightsheepish:

I give Thanks to Rar, bless his sleepy soul, who decided to spend his time in the wee hours of the morning editing this chapter.

enjoy :pinkiehappy:

Amazing! Keep up the great work!

Login or register to comment