• Published 20th Nov 2012
  • 1,445 Views, 12 Comments

Captain Equestria: The First Wonderbolt - ShamrocknRoll

  • ...
5
 12
 1,445

Journalism and Book Reports

The Cutie Mark Crusaders along with their new member, Ditsy the mailmare's daughter Dinky Doo walked into the Ponyville Library. Their teacher Cheerilee have just assigned them to make a group biography on ponies that made Equestria the world that it had became. Silver Spoon, Rumble, Pipqueak and Diamond Tiara were doing Celestia. Twist, Snips, Snails and Featherweight were doing multi-medalist in the Iron Pony Competition, Steel Shoes the Unbreakable. The four fillies were really stuck on who to research and report on. The four of them rushed to the reference desk where Roseluck and Minty were the librarians. The Crusaders didn't know the two well but they needed some help.

“Excuse me, but who would you view as an amazing pony in the history of Equestria?” Sweetie Belle asked. Applebloom nodded.

“The pony has to be cool.” Applebloom demanded. “No namby pamby ponies that made a new fashion style.” Sweetie Belle glared at that remark.

“And heroic.” Dinky chimed in. “We want this pony to do something everypony can admire. Not just certain ponies.”

“And finally patriotic.” Scootaloo requested. “That should get us bonus points for Cheerilee.”

“Very well. We will help you find that. Cheerilee told us that you would want someone that could be like this.” Minty and Roseluck started looking for books in the biography section and the Cutie Mark Crusaders followed. The Crusaders saw a paperback book that had a muscular green Pegasus stallion in barding of all the colors of the three species of ponies; purple, blue, green and brown on the cover. In his mouth was a vibrant multicolored shield with a unicorn head, a pegasus head and an earth pony head on it. His mane was purple, blue and brown and what made him stick out was that he lacked a cutie mark.

“Who's that?” Dinky asked.

“Oh, that's Captain Equestria.” Roseluck answered as she took out the book from the shelf. “He was a war hero in the First Changeling War against Queen Chrysalis and King Cocoon.”

“You mean the Changelings attacked before they went after Celestia and Shining Armor?” Sweetie Belle asked. Minty nodded.

“It was way before you fillies were born. Maybe even before your sisters were born.” Minty answered.

“What about my sister?” Applebloom asked. “She's the oldest you know?”

“Is not.”

“Is too.”

“Who cares? Let's get these books.” Scootaloo butted in as she scanned the bookshelves for Captain Equestria books. She shoveled three of them into a basket. Applebloom took the book Roseluck had. Dinky and Sweetie Belle took out their library cards and checked out the books that their friends chose. Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Dinky went back to their tree house and began to read about Captain Equestria who fought against the Changelings wayy back when. While Applebloom decided to go back to Sweet Apple Acres so she could ask Granny Smith about Captain Equestria.

“Wow, he was the first Wonderbolt.” Scootaloo said as she munched on some Nightmare Night candy. “Now I know why pegasi have such a strict standard on flying.”

“Look at this, his weapon was a shield made out of Palominoum.” Sweetie Belle said as she turned a book to her friend and showed them the shield Captain Equestria had on the cover. “He also ingested a unique potion made by Professor Ridgling and the legendary Star Swirl the Bearded called the Super Stallion Serum making him strong as 10 stallions.”

“This guy was amazing!” Dinky Doo yelled. “Look at this he fought a Changeling agent named Camoflague. Who was the best covert operators in history.” A familiar posh tone was heard outsite the tree house. The three Crusaders looked outside and saw their two nemisi teasing Applebloom.

“Look Silver Spoon, the blank flanks are so desperate to beat us on grades they picked a fictional character.” Diamond Tiara smirked. “Evidence that blank flanks are dumber than us cutie markers.”

“Indeed, so sad I thought you would be an actual challenge.” Silver Spoon added as she snorted to punctuate her disgust. “You do know Captain Equestria was just a propaganda idea for Equestria against the Changelings right?” The two fillies trotted away giggling with malicious intent.

“Just you wait you, you big meanies!” Scootaloo yelled. The Cutie Mark Crusaders had their spirits dashed and their heads fell in defeat. Applebloom climbed up into the club house with some notes from Granny Smith's memory.

“What if they're right? What if Captain Equestria was just a myth and made to energize the Equestrian war front?” Scootaloo asked.

“He couldn't have been.” Dinky said trying to reassure herself and her friends. “There' s too much proof that he did exist. Besides Minty and Roseluck wouldn't have lied to us.” Applebloom placed her hoof on her chin. There had to be somebody that could help them prove that Captain Equestria existed. The real question was who. Applebloom smiled, as she realized she had a friend who had connections to none other than access to the history of the Equestrian military. Twilight Sparkle and her brother Shining Armor.

“We must travel to Canterlot team, Twilight and her brother have to have information on the Super Stallion Serum and Captain Equestria!” Applebloom yelled. “I mean Twilight's a genius and her brother is the leader of the military, this is perfect.”

“But we don't have enough bits Applebloom.” Sweetie Belle pointed out. “Unless you have rainy day bits somewhere.”

“You forgot I have a grandmother.” Applebloom said as she pulled piut a satchel containing fourty bits in it.

“Applebloom you're a genius.” Dinky said. “This is enough for four tickets. To Canterlot and a sneak peak at the Super Stallion Serum. Maybe even some insider information. Everypony in Equestria will be envious.” With that, the Cutie Mark Crusaders trotted off to the station, awaiting the train they bumped into Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash.

“Oh hello there Cutie Mark Crusaders.” Twilight said. “We were going to a...”

“Wonderbolt flying show at Canterlot.” Rainbow Dash said. “I got a flight test as well there. Want to come along?”

“Sorry we're on school duty. We're trying get information on Captain Equestria and the Super Stallion Serum that Shining Armor has and guards.” Rainbow Dash looked sheepishly and looked away from the Crusaders.

“Captain Equestria? You do know he was just propaganda footage? The Super Stallion Serum, the shield, the fact he was the first.”

“Wonderbolt.” Rainbow Dash said lacking the passion in her voice. “Look the train's here, let's go together.” The six ponies went inside the train and the Crusaders were excited to start their research.