• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 865 Views, 17 Comments

A Blaze Brought Forth Again - Tyler-the-Brony



A Brother Returns to Equestria, an army behind him, and hatred in his heart.

  • ...
18
 17
 865

Part 8-3

The End

Chapter 3: Canterlot’s Scattered Citizens

“Promise to take care of my unit while I’m gone?” Shining Armor hastily asked Peach, still worried about trusting his entire unit with a newly promoted Captain, even though he had known Peach for so long before his promotion.

“Don’t worry Captain Shining Armor. You’re leaving your Guards in good hooves. I won’t let you down.” Peach told him, looking very forward to his first assignment as a Captain of the Royal Guards.

“And you’ll take care of our house for me and Cadance Twilight?” Shining Armor asked Twilight, at which point she rolled her eyes.

“Don’t worry BBBFF. You’ve trusted me with the entirety of Equestria before now, so trusting me to watch your house alone should be no problem for you.” Twilight explained, smiling up at Shining Armor as she did.

“I suppose you’re both right. Alright then. Canterlot is in your hooves.” Shining Armor saluted Twilight and Peach as he left the door, catching one last remark from Twilight as he did.

“Oh joy. Like that’s never happened before now right Peach?” Twilight jokingly asked Peach, at which point they both broke out laughing, causing Shining Armor to smile widely as he turned to leave for Baltimare.

***

Rafiq and Zuli both stood in the Royal Graveyard, each paying their respects to the warriors that they each had known in what felt to them like entirely different lifetimes.

After going individually to names in the Graveyard for a while, Rafiq and Zuli eventually converged upon the newest addition to the Graveyard’s names. They both now paid their direct respects to Blaze Bringer, for saving Canterlot in the end by sacrificing himself to his own destructive powers.

After a few moments of silent prayer, Zuli and Rafiq rose from their kneeling position in front of Blaze Bringer’s tombstone, and set about returning to Canterlot Castle directly.

“Blaze Bringer was truly all my father had ever said about him. In the end at least.” Rafiq spoke up as he and Zuli walked through the Gardens.

“A true ruler. A shame his time ruling Canterlot directly was so short and so tragic.” Zuli added, encouraging a nod from Rafiq in return.

“Indeed. If you don’t mind me asking, what will you do now that you’re no longer a Captain Zuli?” Rafiq questioned the unicorn, wondering where his new friend might go now.

“I will not leave Canterlot. It is my home. I will continue to serve Celestia, but only as an advisor now. It is time Sky Wing took the role he was always meant to have.” Zuli explained, looking above to see Sky Wing himself and Rainbow Dash fly over the Castle.

“I see. I will stay a Captain until I fall in battle, same as my father and sister before me.” Rafiq added, thinking of not only Dewdrop, but Celestia and Luna as he said the word sister.

“Sister…hm. I wonder how the Princesses fair.” Zuli wondered, looking to the top of the Castle and hoping that both Princesses would eventually fully recover from the loss of their brother.

***

Celestia and Luna lay beside each other upon the rooftop of Canterlot Castle, just as Zuli assumed. The sisters sat in silence for now, but certain words needed to be spoken between them at this time.

“I believe I am okay about our brother now sister.” Luna spoke up, looking upwards to where Blaze bringer had vanished so many months ago.

“That is good Luna. It is true that time heals all wounds. Just as it has healed my wounds over you, it will eventually completely heal your wounds for Blaze Bringer.” Celestia told Luna, nuzzling her younger sister as she did.

“I believe you about that now sister. And, I still feel as though brother is with us, even if he truly is gone forever this time.” Luna explained, looking to her heart.

“He will always be with us Luna. Blaze Bringer, as his name implies, brings fire to our hearts, which is what fuels our love and our life. So long as we feel anything warm within our hearts, brother will be there.” Celestia believed, closing her eyes and smiling to herself as she imagined the ghostly image of Blaze Bringer by her and Luna’s side, encasing them in his protective wings.

“I feel the same sister.” Luna answered Celestia, and closed her eyes to enter the same belief as Celestia, and feel her brother’s presence strengthen for a time within her.

Celestia and Luna stayed upon the rooftop for many hours, until that night had both come and gone, Blaze Bringer’s presence in their hearts keeping its cold at bay for them. As at last Celestia and Luna fell into sleep, the ghostly figure of Blaze Bringer at last folded his wings and faded away into the wind, until the next time somepony would need him by their side.

Comments ( 17 )
Comment posted by suckmyponycock69 deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by blerg deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by suckmyponycock69 deleted Aug 12th, 2013
Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Jan 29th, 2013

Sort of turned off by the very short chapters, but I'll read through it and comment again.

Comment posted by blerg deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by FoxxehSquirrel deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by blerg deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by blerg deleted Aug 12th, 2013

1398913

I'm working on the writing part.

Anyhow, good luck on this story. :twilightsmile:

Comment posted by Relevant Heavy Metal deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Mashmaster deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Poodicus deleted Jun 20th, 2014
Comment posted by Scribblestick deleted Jan 29th, 2013
Comment posted by Tyler-the-Brony deleted Aug 12th, 2013
Login or register to comment