• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 765 Views, 25 Comments

Swatteam and the Potato - _Rainbow_Swag_

  • ...
3
 25
 765

The First Date

The potato looked extravagant in the dim light illuminating from the single candle on the middle of the table. She was wearing a bright pink dress with a silver necklace around her. She and Swatteam sat there quietly, neither of them daring to break the silence in that little fancy restaurant at the far end of Ponyville.

Swat was thinking hard about something, and he knew the potato could notice his worried facial expression and downward-facing eyes. He had no intention of telling her what he was so engrossed in thought about, but it was definitely something that involved her.

What was Swat to do about the situation he was in? He loved Pinkie Pie, and he knew Pinkie Pie loved him back (even though she rarely said it), but when he was with this potato his world lit up. The potato listened to him, and, even though she wasn't the most talkative thing, he felt comfortable having a conversation with her. When he tried talking to Pinkie, he would usually get all choked up and his cheeks would get red, and then she would laugh that little laugh he knows so well...

The waiter walked up to the table, ready to take their order. "What can I get for you, sir?"

"I would like a hay sandwich with some veggie juice." Swat said, smiling politely at the waiter. "And the lady will have the imported grass with a strawberry shake."

The waiter stared at the potato for a few seconds, then looked back at Swatteam. "Um, okay. Coming right up!" He slowly walked away from the table, looking at the potato a while longer before looking forward again and shaking his head. He mumbled something to himself, and then was out of Swat's sight.

Swatteam didn't know what to do about this whole potato-Pinkie thing, but tonight wasn't for making tough decisions, tonight was for him to bond with the potato, to get to know it better. Unfortunately, Swat hadn't been on a date in ages, and he was having a difficult time starting a conversation.

"So, uh, how about them Yankees?"

The potato remained silent, staring at him from her little booster seat across the table.

"I'm not a big hockey fan either..." Swat poked at the appetizer with his fork. "You want some?"

The potato stared, despite it's lack of eyes. Swatteam had just noticed how strange that was. He found it rather creepy that his date didn't have a face.

Soon, the waiter came back with their meal, and quickly walked away without saying anything, staring at the potato as if it had three heads. It seemed to Swatteam that everyone was staring at them that night, in the silence of that little fancy restaurant at the far end of Ponyville.