• Published 17th Aug 2023
  • 217 Views, 3 Comments

A Change of Political Decisions For the Better - coolpony01



There is a unicorn by the name of Starlight Sparkle who wishes for a fairer society for all non ponies

  • ...
 3
 217

Ch 3

The date is November 6 2003. It has been five days since the event none of the guards were ever given a trial for their actions. The ones that bursted down the door of the tax collector office weren’t charged with destroying public property because the federal court saw it as necessary to receive the taxes. The guard that killed the two griffins wasn’t given a trial for his crimes because the federal court saw it as threats for rebellion. They also said the army has certain exceptions from the law.

The mayor has decided to send a letter to Princess Celestia asking he to do something about what’s going on in Ponyville. Starlight Sparkle is going to address this in her meeting with parliament. This needs to be addressed. Parliament is supposed to keep this sort of thing from happening. Starlight Sparkle is about to have a meeting with the mayor of Ponville as well as other town officials. There are a lot of problems going on in the town that need to be talked about.

A light purple ora formed around the unicorns’ horn then around the doorknob as she opened the door and went inside. There are a lot of different kinds of ponies in the room.

“We are here to discuss the current problems in Ponyville.” Mayor Golden Quill said.

“The taxes that have been placed on us are absurd. Our citizens are struggling in receiving their most basic needs.” a bat pony stallion spoke.

“I agree, if the taxes get much worse, what will it mean for our community?” a crystal pony mare spoke.

“But how are we going to stop this parliament already passed the law and if we try to protest against this we’ll just be punished.” a Pegasus stallion added on for every ponies consideration.

“I am aware of that which is why for the time being we must find ways to make the law work for us.” The mayor spoke.

“How can we possibly make such a law work? It will only continue to drain us.” an earth pony stallion objected.

“We can find ways to deal with this law. For instance we could stop purchasing imported materials from other provinces because the taxes are getting way too expensive. If we just grow our basic essentials here it will be far cheaper and will keep our economic situation from getting worse.” The mayor spoke.

“That could work. We would be able to save a lot more bits if we don’t have to worry about paying taxes from imported goods and the rest of the money we have left over we can give to the government for other essentials such as preparing roads and the hospital.” an earth pony stallion said

“We can also start to increase mining jobs in the white tail woods in order to get the money we need to pay off the taxes. It would not only allow us to get the money to pay off the taxes but it would also provide jobs for the unemployed.” The mayor spoke.

“That is a good idea we should do that paying off our taxes and ensuring that our citizens have jobs is very important.” a unicorn mare spoke.

“If we’re going to do this we should also place more jobs in the field regarding taxes so that we will be able to manage our taxes and provide our citizens with jobs.” Starlight Sparkle spoke.

“Yes this is a good idea Starlight Sparkle.” Mayor Golden Quill complemented.

“Thank you if we’re giving more openings for essential jobs we should just do that for all essential services that would surely help the citizens of Ponyville to have the things we need such as medical aid, safety, and some of the bits all those people would make would go into taxes that we need to give to our government.” Starlight Sparkle said.

“This is also something we can do assistant Mayor Ink Quill write this down.” Mayor Golden Quill said

“Yes Mayor.” A shy gray earth pony with a black mane and tail said as she quietly began to write down the notes.

“We should now discuss the discrimination on non ponies and pony and non pony half breeds.” a male unicorn reminded every pony.

“I’m glad you brought this up Mr. Spark. I wanted to discuss this and I propose we create local public services that will serve non ponies and pony non pony half breeds.” The mayor spoke.

“That could work; it would ensure that non pony and pony half breeds are able to receive the things they need; it would also open up a new variety of jobs.” a Pegasus mare spoke.

“That is why I feel this would be in the best interests for our citizens if these programs are created.” the Mayor said.

“But what about all the unlawful arrests of citizens for the reason only that they are non pony.” a pegasus stallion pointed out.

“We are already doing everything in our power to stop that but unfortunately there isn’t anything else we can do about that at the moment.” the Mayor admitted.

“This isn’t good. Those citizens shouldn’t be locked up for being what they ate. The soldiers do not have the legal authority to arrest people who haven’t even broken a law.” a male bat pony said

“Yes this is unfortuthaly the case but I highly doubt the parliament will listen to reason they’re the ones that want this to happen.” Starlight Sparkle spoke. They are are worried for Ponyville despite the fact that the mayor and everyone including herself knows how to handle everything it is still not looking up with the fact that the taxes were increased to 15% along with the unfair discrimination for citizens. Despite all of this at least it is true that the mayor along with every pony is doing what they can to ensure that the town at the moment is in good hoofs until they can start improving things for the better in a more lasting way that is.