• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 9,682 Views, 331 Comments

Ponies in Minecraft - yolky206



The Mane 6 have to survive in the world of Minecraft.

  • ...
24
 331
 9,682

Time to Farm! and Bake Bread

After the ponies learned how they can use their abilities in this world, they decided to build a shelter so they could survive during the night. Twilight was busy looking through 'Minecraft' when she discovered a bunch of blank pages at the end of the book. She went to the first of the blank pages and read the passage at the top.

Chapter five - Crafting Recipes

When you first read this guide, you may not know what to do with your materials and resources. That is what these pages are for. When you find an item or block, these pages will fill up with information about crafting with them. It will also tell you where to find each resource used and what is used to get it. The next chapter will be about the various Animals, hostile Animals, and creatures from other dimensions.

It ended there. Twilight decided to test out the pages and put a block of wood next to the book. She could see the first few pages slowly fade in information and pictures. She noticed a crafting table with a block of tree wood on it and four wooden planks come out. She could see the tree wood being burned to create something called 'charcoal'. She also saw a different kind of tree wood with something called a 'cocoa pod' growing on it.

Twilight was busy looking at the things you can do with wooden planks when she saw the tool recipes. She needed sticks and planks in order to make them though. She only had a few blocks, so she decided to see what her friends were doing. She found Pinkie and Applejack and walked over to where they were bucking trees.

"Hello girls! How many resources have you collected?"

"Hi Twilight! Me and Applejack here have bucked that many trees." Pinkie responded and pointed her hoof to a very large clearing.

"That should be a big enough clearing to build a house." Twilight told them. "We should get started on that soon. We also need to build a farm so we can eat. I know we have a lot of food already, but we are going to get hungry if we work ourselves too hard. You two should come with me. We need to find the others."

The three friends set off to find Fluttershy, Rarity, and Rainbow. Pinkie's thoughts were racing when she started thinking about the things she can do in this world. 'I can make food, build things, throw parties, eat the food, look for new things, break the fourth wall, read that weird book, make friends, see new things, meet animals, throw parties for animals...' Her thoughts were endlessly continuing when she saw a bunch of animals that look like sheep start walking to the right. "We should go that way!" She yelled. "I bet Fluttershy is leading those animals!" She took off and ran through the forest until she saw Fluttershy leading the animals into a fenced-in area. She saw Fluttershy open a gate and lead the animals inside. She could also hear Fluttershy whispering to the animals.

"That’s right, just head on in to the safe place... that is... if you want to."

"HI FLUTTERSHY!!!" Pinkie screamed after Fluttershy closed the gate. Fluttershy shrieked and tried to hide herself. "It’s okay Fluttershy, we just were looking for you!"

"There ya are Fluttershy!" Applejack came running to where they were. "Pinkie was runnin' too fast for us to catch up."
Twilight came walking in last. "Hi Fluttershy. I see you found some animals. I actually just read about them. Here, look at this." She then flipped open to a page and showed her friends the book.

Chapter six - Animals and Creatures (Mobs)

Animals and Creatures inhabit the world of Minecraft. There are Passive, Hostile, and Neutral 'Mobs'. Passive Mobs include: Cows, Pigs, Sheep, Chickens, Bats, Ocelots, Mooshrooms, Villagers, and Squids. The Neutral Mobs are: Wolves, Zombie Pigmen, and Endermen. The Hostile Mobs are these dreaded creatures: Creepers, Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Spider Jockeys, Cave Spiders, Blazes, Ghasts, Magma Cubes, Silverfish, Slimes, Witches, Wither Skeletons, Zombie Villagers, Wither Bosses, and the most fearful of all, the legendary Ender Dragon. There are Mobs you can use and tame though, the Utility Mobs are: Snow Golems and Iron Golems. The Tamable Mobs are: Ocelots (they become Cats) and Wolves (they become Dogs). The Utility Mobs can be created and can protect you. The Dogs can protect you, and teleport to you unless you make them sit. Cats come in three colors, can't protect you, scare off Creepers, can fall and never get hurt, and teleport to you unless they are sitting. The information on each Mob is on the next page, and the next chapter will be about Farming.

Twilight hovered the book back into her saddlebags. She thought that some of the hostile 'Mobs' looked scary, and others weird. She also learned that if she put her hoof on the Mob, it would give information about it on the next page. She could not however learn about the 'legendary' Ender Dragon for some reason. It always said ‘No information found’.

"Fluttershy, you stay here. We're going to find Rainbow so we can set up a shelter." Twilight said to her. Fluttershy nodded and waved a quick goodbye before turning back to the animals.

----------

The sky. The clear blue sky. Square clouds that she can't touch. A fake sky. Nothing but sky. Rainbow was soaring in the air, thinking of her home in Ponyville. She could see the ground below her. Nothing but trees, water, and dirt. Maybe the occasional lava pool, but mostly the former. She decided that was enough flying for the time being, and started to head back when something caught her eye. It was houses that were nearby in a large, grassy field. 'Why didn't I see that before?' She asked herself. 'I think I’ll keep a mental note of this place.' She kept flying back to the others after checking out a beach next to an ocean. She eventually made it back, but with scattered thoughts. She didn't understand how something like those houses was there, because none of her friends built them. She heard somepony calling her name and she descended to the forest below.

"RAINBOW!" Rarity was yelling to her.

"COMING!" she called back. 'What does she want now? I hope that she didn't learn how to make clothes here and wants me to be her model again.'

----------

"Rainbow has to be around here somewhere, but where? We have to get a shelter before the sun goes down." Twilight looked up and saw the sun start sinking from the top of the sky. "We have to hurry." She told Applejack and Pinkie.

"RAINBOW!" They heard Rarity yelling to the sky.

"COMING!" The three ponies heard as a reply. Twilight quickly ran to where she could see Rarity looking straight up. She could see a cyan blur headed right for them. "Rarity!" Twilight called out. Rarity turned her head and waved to her friends and walked over to them. "Rarity, we need you to help us build a shelter so nothing can hurt us."

"I know.” Rarity said. “I noticed that there were some strange and horrific creatures coming from some of the more shaded places and nearly got attacked. Some of them caught on fire in the sunlight, but once they did they ran into some caves and didn’t come back out. But once the sun goes all the way down, then they won’t burn and will come and fight us. So I’m trying to get Rainbow so she can help us defend ourselves.”

Twilight saw Rainbow quickly land next to Rarity and ask what was going on, leading Rarity to explain everything again. However she made them walk while explaining so they wouldn’t waste any time for them to become safe. They made it to Fluttershy and got her to come with as well, and pretty soon they found the clearing where they would build their house.

"Okay girls, we need to make a house or shelter with the blocks we have. Pinkie and Applejack, you two break down some of the wood you collected so we can build with it. Rainbow and Fluttershy, you girls place the blocks and build a basic, one-story home. Rarity, you and I will be levitating the planks over to Fluttershy and Rainbow so the house can be built along with getting the house to look decent and defend us. We have to get this done before the sun goes all the way down."

The six ponies worked quickly and eventually managed to build a ten-by-ten one-story home and broke a hole for the door. They walked inside and dug out the floor and replaced dirt with wood. Twilight placed her crafting table in a corner and used her book to make a door. There was some daylight left after the house was built, and Fluttershy still had some fences to use for moving the animals closer. While the other ponies worked and ate, Twilight curled up and read the next chapter of her book.

Chapter seven - Farming

Farming is a very important part of survival. If you want to eat healthy foods like bread, carrots, potatoes, and melons, you have to find and farm these foods. To get bread you need normal seeds, which can be found in tall grass. To get carrots and potatoes, you need to find a Village or kill a Zombie (which they may drop) and plant them. Melons are the hardest to find. You can only get them by Trading or finding them in Chests that are scattered throughout Abandoned Mine Shafts. Pumpkins aren't edible, but by finding their seeds or the actual pumpkins in Minecraft, you can farm and cook them. To farm you need a Hoe and some dirt. You have to till the dirt with the hoe and plant the seeds in the dirt. Then you just wait until the plants grow. Growing plants near water helps them grow faster. There are special plants, cacti and sugarcane. They get taller as they grow and are both green. A cactus can only be grown on sand and sugarcane can only be grown next to a water source. The next chapter will be about Baking.

Twilight quickly found the chapter where the basic tools could be made and created her first wooden hoe. She heard a loud ding after finishing the recipe. 'I must tell the others about this new Achievement!' She thought to herself. She ran out to her friends and told them about farming and her new Achievement. They all eventually got their wooden hoes and began looking for seeds. They found a field with many blocks of tall grass and began breaking them to find seeds, which resulted in getting fifty three of them. The ran back to their shelter and Fluttershy built a garden next to the house for farming wheat seeds and made sure the sunlight wasn’t blocked from where the seeds would be planted.

Twilight quickly learned about seeds and their levels of growth along with how to get the wheat and make the bread. The ponies were so busy building and getting materials that they didn't realize that the night would come soon. Not many seeds were fully grown, but each pony managed to get some wheat and some seeds for making more wheat.

"Twilight what do we do with this wheat we collected?" Rainbow asked. "We can't just wait for you to finish replanting all of the seeds. It’s getting dark!"

"I know Rainbow, but the seeds will grow and we will probably have some more wheat by morning." Twilight replanted the seeds just before sunset came. "There. All of the seeds are planted. Time to go make some bread."
Twilight taught the girls how to make bread and showed a demonstration, resulting in a loud ding. The rest of them quickly used the last of the wheat to make bread and also got the Achievement. Twilight and Rarity used a light spell so they didn't have any Mobs popping up inside their homes while they waited for the sun to come up.

"Well, this day went well didn't it?" Twilight asked the others. They all nodded and began making plans for how they would survive for the rest of their time in Minecraft. However what they didn’t know was that there were some Mobs waiting just outside of their home, listening to what they were saying and getting prepared to take them on.

Author's Note:

Authors Note: Thanks again for the support! It will take a little while for the next few chapters because I got back in school, sarcastic yay. I am proud of my story so far and all of the mustaches and support from all of the fans. Thank you for all of your help.

EDIT: This chapter has now been edited and is overall better. I didn't change too much, but every error is now corrected and things flow a lot better than before.