• Published 25th Sep 2012
  • 9,682 Views, 331 Comments

Ponies in Minecraft - yolky206



The Mane 6 have to survive in the world of Minecraft.

  • ...
24
 331
 9,682

On A Rail and Local Brewery

Once the ponies and Spike got back to the overworld, it was already dark out. Mobs were spawning and it was getting dangerous. However Twilight remembered what she read about the Eyes of Ender and noticed that there were some Endermen over by some trees. "Everypony, I'm going to go fight those Endermen. I read about them and the Ender Pearls they drop are very important. You all should go on back to the house and keep each other safe, I'll just respawn if something happens over here."

"Twilight, are you sure you wanna do this?" Rainbow asked. "I mean, you nearly got yourself killed by staring at one earlier, and fighting all of those guys? Not safe."

"I agree with Rainbow." Rarity said. "It is far to dangerous for anypony to go fight all of those Mobs. Are Ender Pearls REALLY that important?"

"Although it IS dangerous, I still have to do it." Twilight told them. "Ender Pearls are only obtainable from Endermen, which are very common in their realm, which is known as the End Realm. In order to get there you need to craft Eyes of Ender, which requires Blaze Powder and Ender Pearls. I don't know why, but I think going to the End Realm should be one of our main goals. I just need a few Ender Pearls, and then we can go."

"Alright Twilight, if ya say so." Applejack said. "C'mon everypony, we need ta go fight our way to the house."

Twilight watched all of her friends begin their journey to their Minecraft home. She turned her head to where the Endermen were standing and took out her sword. She kept her eyes toward the ground as she walked over to them. She approached the nearest Enderman and swung her sword at it's legs. It screamed and teleported away from Twilight, which she took as a sign to be careful. She closed her eyes and listened for the sound of the Enderman teleporting to her.

'There, that's where it teleported.' Twilight thought after hearing a noise somewhere behind her. She waited a short while and turned around to see the Enderman walking toward her with it's mouth open. She ran to the Enderman and swung her sword at it's legs. To her surprise, the Enderman just got knocked back a little and didn't teleport. Twilight shrugged and swung at it's legs again only to get the same result. She repeated the process until the Enderman was killed, so she moved on to the next Mob.

-------------

Eventually Twilight finished killing each Enderman and collected the Ender Pearls. During the fight multiple Endermen spawned in and attacked her, which made fighting much more difficult. However she just attacked with much more strengh and eventually all of the Endermen were no longer there. She collected a total of twenty-three Ender Pearls.

When Twilight looked up to the sky to see what time it was, she was surprised to see that the sun was already starting to rise. She quickly turned to the direction of the house and ran as quickly as possible. 'I didn't know that fighting all those Endermen could take up so much of my time!' She thought. 'I hope that nothing bad happened while I was gone.....'

-------------

Twilight made it back home by the time the moon disapeared behind the horizon. She ran inside and found that nopony was on the first floor. She walked over to the chests and carefully put the Ender Pearls inside next to other items dropped by Mobs. Twilight went upstairs to find all of her friends waiting on their beds in a bored fashion.

"Hi Twilight!" Pinkie happily called...... from underneath the bed.

"Uhh... Hi Pinkie." Twilight said with slight confusion. "Why are you underneath the bed? I thought it wasn't possible due to there being no extra block space."

"I know there isn't any space, silly." Pinkie said. "I'm under here because I am!"

"What Pinkie's trying to say is, she squeezed between the block spaces." Spike explained to Twilight. "I honestly don't know how that's possible, but you know Pinkie does this all the time."

"Okayy...." Twilight drawed out before clearing her throat. "I finished defeating all of the Endermen and collecting the Ender Pearls, so we can start the journey to the End Realm. That means we have a chance to go home!"

A chorus of cheers erupted from the small room, which made a pig from the pens outside turn it's head to the noise the ponies and dragon were making. It grunted once and looked back at the other pigs, who just stared at each other with beady, unblinking eyes.

Twilight slowly uncovered her ears when the screams of joy stopped. 'Why is everypony so loud?' She asked herself. She shook her head and motioned for her friends to follow her down the stairs. She made it to the chest she placed the Ender Pearls in and levitated them out with the Blaze Rods. She placed them on the side of the crafting table and flipped open her book. She looked at the recipe and placed a few Blaze Rods in the crafting area. The Blaze Rods broke down into Blaze Powder, which she placed in the crafting area. She took out the Blaze Rods and put all of the EnderPearls next to the Blaze Powder. Twilight crafted the Eyes of Ender and showed them to her friends.

"Wow, are those the Eyes of Ender?" Rainbow asked. "They look awesome!"

"I think they look just a little creepy." Rarity told Twilight. "They look like real eyes."

"Umm.... They're nice, if that's okay with you....." Fluttershy nervously squeaked.

"If they're useful, ah'm ahlright with them." Applejack said.

"Yay!" Pinkie yelled. "The End is going to be so much fun!"

"I don't know Twilight, what if these things are dangerous?" Spike asked.

"I don't think these can hurt." Twilight said to Spike. "However the End Realm can as long as we aren't careful. But what I'm going to do now is keep twelve of the Eyes of Ender here while some of you use the rest to find the End Portal. I'm going to stay here and get some things ready before we go. I think that once we go there then there isn't too much of a good chance of getting out."

"Sound like a plan!" Rainbow said with strong determination. "So who's going where?"

"Well, I think you, Pinkie, and Applejack can go find the End Portal while Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike and I stay here." Twilight told them. "I'll read about some mode of transportation for us to use before you leave. That way you'll be able to make it while going out there."

"Ah'm ahlright with it." Applejack agreed. "Ah guess we can get ready today, then we'll be ready tomorrow."

Everypony nodded before heading in different directions in order to get themselves prepared for what's next.

-------------

Twilight sat down underneath a tree and flipped open her book to the page about transportation.

Transportation

Transportation is the way of getting around in Minecraft. From walking, to sprinting, and even riding a minecart, that is the way of transportation here. Walking and sprinting are easy ways of getting around, with sprinting being the fastest. However sprinting depletes your hunger faster than walking, so it's a good idea to have some food on you. Riding on a minecart is a noisy, yet fast way of getting to different places. When you are riding a minecart, you can't turn in any direction except whichever way the rails are pointing. The rails are the only blocks a minecart can ride on and come in many different styles. Normal rails, powered rails, detector rails, and activator rails.

Twilight finished reading the passage and flipped to the page about minecarts. It gave information on the different types of minecarts (normal, storage, TNT, hopper, dispencer, spawner, and furnace) and how each one behaved on the different types of rails. She read about rails and devised a plan for transportation. 'All we need are seven minecarts, some redstone torches, powered rails, and many normal rails.' She thought. 'That'll use up a lot of our iron, but it'll be worth it.'

-------------

Eventually the day passed and the sun rose for morning. Everypony was all set to go and already said good-bye to each other. Well, except Twilight.

"So all you need to do is place all of these rails in a straight line to the End Portal. If a mountain or tunnels is in the way, cut right throught it and continue the rail path. I have many sticks, iron ingots, gold ingots, redstone, and crafting tables here so if you run out of rails or torches then you'll be able to craft more. Once you get to the End Portal then you need to secure the area and make sure the entire rail track is protected. Come back here once you've finished."

"Okie doki loki!" Pinkie said once Twilight finished her instructions.

"Well, bye girls!" Twilight called when her friends left. She watched them follow an Eye of Ender before turning her head to the rest of her friends. "We need to get plenty of food, weapons, and armor ready for when we enter the End Realm."

Rarity nodded before speaking. "I can craft some armor out of any left over iron we have."

"I umm..... I think I'll be able to get some food ready, if that's okay with you..." Fluttershy told them.

"I know how to make swords and bows!" Spike excitedly said. "I'll even get the arows ready!"

"Good." Twilight said. "I'm going to be reading my book to see if I can find anything else that'll be useful."

"I almost forgot!" Spike suddenly shouted. "Twilight, I found this book in the Nether when we went in the first time. I forgot to give it to you, but I think it'll be useful."

Twilight watched Spike run inside and come back with a book in his hand. She levitated the book up so she could read the title. "Enchanting. Hmm.... I'll read it and see what can be used. Thank you Spike."

Twilight watched Spike run off with Fluttershy and Rarity before she placed the book in her saddlebags. 'I'll read it later. Right now I need to see what I can do to help.'

-------------

It was much later in the day when Twilight finally found something she could do. She found a page about potion brewing and how useful it could be. Some potions could also be very harmful and dangerous. They had the resources necessary to create regeneration, strengh, weakness, poison, harming, swiftness, night vision, and invisibility. Five out of eight of those would be incredible helpful.

The only thing Twilight needed to craft in order to start brewing potion was a brewing stand and some glass bottles. They had the sand necessary to create glass, but the brewing stand was a different problem. She flipped open the page for it and looked around for the recipe. Eventually she found it, but she needed to find some cobblestone that was important for creating the brewing stand. 'How many more materials am I going to need?' Twilight asked herself. 'If this keeps up we won't have anything left.'

-------------

It took a long time for Twilight to get everything she needed. By the time she got everything both Rarity and Spike finished making iron tools and armor for everypony. She sent them to go help Fluttershy with the food and gave them some stone tools to gather important supplies. Twilight eventually gathered some golden carrots, fermented spider eyes, spider eyes, Ghast Tears, sugar, Nether warts, Blaze powder, redstone, and some glowstone dust in order to create the potions.

All that was left to do was craft the brewing stand and glass bottles. Twilight already stuck the sand in the furnace and was ready to craft the brewing stand. She levitated the Blaze rod and three cobblestone blocks into the shape the recipe said to and soon enough a brewing stand was created. She smiled and put it in her saddlebags to show her friends. She walked over to the furnace and took all of the glass that was created out and put it in her saddlebags as well. Twilight walked back over to the crafting table and crafted as many glass bottles as possible. Thirty-six to be exact.

Twilight placed down the brewing stand on the floor and flipped open her book for instructions on brewing potions. 'Okay, so I need water to fill the glass bottles. The I just have to place them in the brewing stand with the base ingredient, for now it'll be Nether wart, then I wait. Finally I add in whatever ingredient I'll need next. Sounds simple enough.' She thought before walking outside and traveling to the nearby lake.

Along the way Twilight saw a bunch of rails heading south-east of the house. There were powered rails spread along the track, evenly spaced from each other, with some redstone torches placed next to them to activate the powered rails. Twilight tried to look at how far the track went when she saw something coming toward her. 'It looks like whatever-it-is is on the track. She thought. 'And it's pink. Wait, what?'

"WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!"

'It's Pinkie!'

"HI TWILIGHT!" Pinkie yelled while riding the minecart toward Twilight. She wasn't to close to her friend, but she screamed really loud. "COME RIDE THE MINECART!"

"PINKIE!" Twilight yelled in order to reply. "I CAN'T RIDE IT WITH YOU IN IT! BESIDES, I'M DOING SOMETHING RIGHT NOW!"

"OKIE DOKI LOKI!"

Twilight noticed that Pinkie was just about at the end of the track when Pinkie yelled her reply. She stepped away from the end of the track just in case Pinkie ended up flying out of the cart. However, that didn't happen. Instead Pinkie stopped completely at the very last rail block safely. Then a ding sound was heard. Twilight's eyes widened in surprised and Pinkie jumped around happily.

"Achievement! Achievement! I got an Achievement!"

"Pinkie calm down!" Twilight said to try and calm her friend. "I understand you're excited. How about I travel down the track while you fill these glass bottles with water?"

"That sounds like fun!" Pinkie said. "I'll do it!"

"Great!" Twilight said while levitating the glass bottle to Pinkie. "I guess I'll see you soon."

-------------

'THIS IS TOO FAST!' Twilight thought while in the minecart. The powered rails were very strong and made traveling faster, but it was too fast for her. Everything was a blur until the minecart started to slow down. Twilight could barely make out the bodies of Applejack and Rainbow until the minecart completely stopped at the end of the track. She heard a ding once she passed the final rail block and felt like falling over.

"Hey Twilight! I see you survived the awesome track we made." Rainbow greeted.

"Howdy there. Both of us got the Achievement already, so ah guess Fluttershy and Rarity are next." Applejack said.

"Yeah..." Twilight said once she calmed down. "I saw Pinkie down there and I'm riding in the cart she used. I see that you girls found the End Portal."

There was a hole just a few blocks away from the final rail block that appeared to be very deep and dangerous.

"Yeah, we kinda did. It took all of our Eyes of Ender too." Rainbow said. "We were lucky to even find the right hole."

"Seems like it." Twilight said while peering down the hole. "Well, we have some supplies back at the house that everypony can use. It'd probably be a good idea if we all go back now."

Applejack and Rainbow nodded before deciding how each of them would get back. Eventually they decided that Rainbow would fly, Applejack would run, and poor Twilight would take the minecart back.

-------------

After Twiight, Rainbow, and Applejack got back to the house they found Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Spike waiting for them. There were bottles of water falling out of Pinkie's saddlebags and landing all around her. Twilight levitated the ones Pinkie couldn't carry into her own saddlebags and told them about the minecart trip. She then sent Spike to take Rarity and Fluttershy over to the minecart track so they could get the Achievement as well.

Twilight placed the brewing stand on the ground and put three of her water bottles on the brewing stand in their places. She took a piece of Nether wart and stuck it in a place at the top. She waited a bit and eventually noticed that the Nether wart took effect on the water bottles, turning them into Akward potions. Twilight took one out and heard a ding to signal that she got an Achievement. She smiled happily, placed the Akward potion back in the brewing stand, and instructed Rainbow to put a piece of sugar in the brewing stand.

Eventually the sugar turned the Akward potions into Potions of Swiftness, and that also gave Rainbow an Achievement. Twilight then told Applejack to use some glowstone dust on the potions to make them stronger. Soon enough Applejack got the Achievement as well by creating the Potions of Swiftness II.

"What can I create Twilight?" Pinkie asked.

"Here, why don't you start making the Akward potion?" Twilight suggested. "Fluttershy and Rarity can help you make a Potion of Regeneration."

No sooner than Twilight finished saying that was when Spike, Rarity, and Fluttershy walked in the door. Both Fluttershy's and Rarity's manes were messed up due to the speed of the minecart. 'I wonder if I look a bit like that.' Twilight thought before she heard another ding. She looked over and saw Pinkie smiling happily with an Akward potion in her mouth. Twilight told FLuttershy to place a Ghast Tear in the brewing stand with the Akward potions, then for Rarity to use a bit of glowstone.

Eventually, everypony recieved the Achievement from brewing their first potions. They all went to bed after carefully storing the potions away in a chest. When Twilight drifted off to sleep, only one thought clouded her mind. 'I believe Celestia and Luna are almost finished with that spell. That means there will only be the End left.'

Author's Note:

Yay! I finally finished this chapter! I only had one problem along the way, and that was losing four paragraphs of work. It wasn't too much of a big deal to get them back though. I'm just really excited due to the fact that there are only three chapters left. It feels like I just started this story yesterday too! My first story is so far my best work, and I can't believe that the last chapter was when I made it to the front page. Thank you all SO much for all of the support, and I hope to finish the next chapter soon.