• Published 22nd Feb 2022
  • 1,680 Views, 20 Comments

Queen Chrysalis Tricks Nightmare Moon - Fleety

  • ...
2
 20
 1,680

Smol Chrysalis tricks Nightmare Moon

“You little fool! Thinking you could defeat me? Now you will never see your princess. Or your sun. The night will last forever!” Nightmare Moon gloated at Twilight, having beaten her and shattering the elements of harmony beneath her hooves.

Nightmare Moon stands triumphant, feeling prideful for sweeping away the last threat that stands between her and her goal for an eternal night. Her sister had stopped her once thanks to the elements, and she wasn’t going to allow herself to be defeated by it again twice.

“B-but but!” Twilight could only look in fear and gawked at what had happened. The elements, in the blink of an eye, simply snuffed out in a single moment. “What do I do?”

While Twilight stared into the ground in defeat, Nightmare Moon slammed her hooves down onto the ground, a thin look of satisfaction on her face.

She then trots towards Twilight, trampling over an ant hive, which was protruding out of the ground from cracks in the floor, that she failed to notice.

“Fear, my little pony! For my unending night will grant you a total abyss from your miserable life!" Nightmare roared at Twilight as the sky darkens.

Twilight could only look at the remnants of her world darkening even further, as the last rays of light were snuffed out.

Until a visitor interrupts the climactic moment.

"Yo! Who dares disturb my hive at this hour? You'll regret it!" a pony shouted from Nightmare Moon’s back.

With a grunt, Nightmare Moon turned around to face the fool who had dared to confront her. It would be easy. All she had to do was zap the fool and that would be it. Thanks to her thestral-like eyes, she easily spotted the interloper.

Except the pony doesn’t look like a pony, and she’s well... small. Small like a breezy or maybe something slightly bigger than an ant. It had translucent vespid-like wings and plenty of holes around her legs like Swiss cheese.

“What is that thing?!” Nightmare Moon lifts a hoof to point at the small tiny little pony that was levitating the loud speaker.

Twilight looked up in confusion to see what was going on, but her eyes just could not spot the small creature.

“You will obey me! I command you to leave my castle or face my unending hunger for the emotional damage of living creatures!” she threatened.

Nightmare Moon simply stared in amusement. Her lips slowly curled into a devious smile, before she chuckled.

“Oh, isn’t that just cute? A small puny little pony has come to challenge me!” Nightmare Moon cackled, feeling almighty.

“You’ve just trampled on my hive on the way into this room, of course I will face you!” the little pony defiantly shouted as Nightmare Moon laughed loudly, her eyes unable to remain focused on the small pony.

“Oh, this is funny!” she mocked. “A tiny little pony has come to challenge me when I’ve just won a fight!”

“I am Queen Chrysalis! You will be cowering in fear once you’re taught a lesson!” the queen spoke.

“And I am Nightmare Moon, ruler of Equestria. I shall soon be its Empress once I’m done here!”

“Oh the ruler of Equestria, I see! Then I shall claim the Equestrian throne once I’ve beaten you!” the little Queen taunted.

“Oh this is too funny! You and with what army?” She laughed again.

“I am Queen Chrysalis, ruler of the Changeling hive and Queen of the Insect Kingdom!”

“You and… What hive?” Nightmare Moon now seemed bemused.

Suddenly the ground trembled and shook gently as a small section of the floor in front of Nightmare Moon collapsed.

Out came a bunch of Changelings burrowing their way out of the ground like they’ve been summoned to live. An army appeared virtually out of nowhere. Other than her Changeling subjects, they were accompanied by a myriad of other insects.

There was the earthworm brigade, the Cicadas of pestle, the ants of artillery, the spiders of flyers and the cockroaches of... “Kraken Warfare”. The finest and most elite forces of Chrysalis’ Royal Army.

Meanwhile, the Changelings and insects just kept coming out of the ground in an endless horde. As though nearly the entire changeling hive was coming out to confront the one who just stepped on their home.

They were all assembled into formation and ready for battle. "I hate insects! You will all be glad to face my judgment now before you even face the coldness of my night!" Nightmare Moon threatened, stomping her hoof on the ground for emphasis.

“Open fire!” One of the Changeling commanders shouted into the air and immediately the entire hive started shooting small lasers at Nightmare Moon.

The swarm of insects and changelings in the front ranks surged forward to act as a barrier to cover the diminutive Changelings that were shooting.

The ants were charging, the cicadas were flying, the cockroaches were running forward like cavalry with changelings riding on their backs and the earthworms were slowly wiggling their way forward. Nothing was going to stop their advance.

Nightmare Moon only watched as the Changelings–earthworms included–advanced. “My stars, I am astounded by all this,” she muttered. In spite of that, none of the insects’ attacks were not making a scratch.

Finally feeling irritated, Nightmare Moon’s horn flicked to life as she cast a spell. She channeled the magic within her and focused. She conjured a nice big laser beam of fire to be unleashed right at the army before her. She can almost picture the fear in the eyes of these creatures once they’re about to be incinerated.

Her magic was ready to zap the bugs away when suddenly the queen just flung herself directly onto her face, causing her to lose concentration. She fired her beam way off from its initial target.

“AHHHH! GET OFF ME!” Nightmare Moon screamed in terror. She pranced around the room, trying to get the Changeling off her face before she ended up slipping and falling to the ground.

At last, some of the Changelings and insects finally reached Nightmare Moon and joined in on the fight by crawling all over her. Some lings even managed to bite onto her in an effort to suck out some love, which to their disappointment there was no love to suck out.

Whilst all this was going on, Twilight had long since left her position. Using the distraction that Nightmare Moon was having a bunch of bugs and regrouped with her friends as they tried to figure out a plan. Eventually they figured out how to bring back the Elements of Harmony as Twilight realized they were the embodiment of said elements.

“Ready girls?” Twilight said to her friends as they got ready.

“Ready!” her friends said in agreement.

The room began to be consumed in a bright light as the Elements of Harmony within the Mane Six came to life for the first time, its powers and bright light eclipsing the darkest of the chamber.

After a thousand years, the powers within the Elements were unleashed and despite Chrysalis still being on her face, hanging on her mane and still attacking, Nightmare Moon’s eyes opened wide in terror at realizing she had been defeated. By bunch of bugs. Defeated by a mere distraction.

“Oh buck!” Nightmare Moon said before she was engulfed in light and explosions as the corruption within her was washed away.

The Changeling army was also wrecked in the crossfire as the power of the elements sent them flying into the air. Changelings were fluttering their wings hard to get back in formation and Chrysalis had been thrown into the air by the strong wind. The cockroaches, cicadas, whatever insects in Chrysalis’ army, even the earthworms. They went flying as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let me get this straight, my most faithful student,” Celestia asked again for like the second time just to be certain, “you’re telling me that Nightmare Moon had actually beaten you and the only thing that saved us all was a bunch of insects distracting her?”

“Yup!” Twilight said sheepishly. “She went wild and tried to attack the critters before they fought back with one even landing on her head.”

“Uh… Huh.” Celestia was still feeling unconvinced by all of this, but at least she now has her sister back.

A groan from behind her caused Celestia to turn around. She looked at the pony that is her sister, now small like the size of a filly, slowly waking up.

Luna slowly woke up from her knockout and when she finally realized where she was and what had happened, how she was beaten, she yelled. “OH BUCK, I’M A LITTLE PONY!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, not far outside the castle in a ruined garden. A Changeling Queen wakes up from the crash that she had experienced earlier from last night.

“Oh curse you Equestrian vermin! You will regret the day you squashed my hive!”

Chrysalis stared around and saw the state of her army. It was relatively intact and in fighting condition still, even though many of them were still unconscious from crashing into the ground out in this grass field or old garden actually.

“I will gather my army! And I shall take Canterlot to be my new seat of power and source of love!”

Alone with no pony to watch. Chrysalis quietly chuckles at her newfound goal.

Comments ( 20 )

Smol Changeling queen with the assist/distraction. Got to love it.

11160577
Smol but deadly :ajsmug:

I'm confused by this story's premise. Isn't Chrysalis as big as Celestia?

11160612
Nope, this is a crackfic comedy where Chrysalis is as a small as an ant. At the start of the story Nightmare Moon stepped on her hive, causing Chrysalis to come out. This story is also a prequel to Look, You're Too Small For Me to Take Seriously which you could take a look if you want to

Smol tiny Chrysalis :rainbowlaugh: I loved this!

11160704
Glad you love it! :twilightsmile:

“Oh buck!” Nightmare Moon said before she was engulfed in light and explosions as the corruption within her was washed away.

Any NMM story including this line gets a thumbs up from me

That was a funny story.

I'm just imagining Chrissie with a really high-pitched, "Minnie Mouse" voice, shouting insults and challenges...

Now this was great. :)
I'm really curious how they'd actually manage to conquer Equestria. Would they just end up as fleas or something?

11161075
Good question:rainbowderp:

this explains why Luna panicked so much when Chrysalis sat on her nose at the wedding.

She was so cute with her chaine graine de café

“What is that thing?!” Nightmare Moon lifts a hoof to point at the small tiny little pony that was levitating the loud speaker.

Sounds already cute!

Luna slowly woke up from her knockout and when she finally realized where she was and what had happened, how she was beaten, she yelled. “OH BUCK, I’M A LITTLE PONY!”

At least you are cute!
And if you ask nicely you may be able to convince Celestia to get you a gaming computer.

“I will gather my army! And I shall take Canterlot to be my new seat of power and source of love!”

And what would be your Plan B in case this fails?
(And will there be another story about this?)


Good story!
I enjoyed reading it.

11165318
Yup, the story has a sequel called "Look, You're Too Small For Me To Take Seriously"

So inventive!

Login or register to comment