• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 2,786 Views, 41 Comments

Crestfallen Soldier - Dishonor20



The story is dead space crossover it's about soldier working for Earth Defense Force how will the n

  • ...
10
 41
 2,786

The Invitation

I opened the door to go outside, but I was stopped by Twilight. “If your going out you should take these.” she was levitating a bag of something. “What is it?” I asked. “Its 200 bits.” she said. Bits were the currency around here I thought to myself. “Twilight I couldn't take the money your already giving me a place to stay.” I said. “No its fine Shining Armor told us that the pony you choose would give you 200 bits.” she said. Shining did say that, but I couldn't take the money it would just feel wrong. Like staying at a friends place then asking them for money. “Twilight I couldn't, it wouldn't feel right.” I said. “Its fine just take the bits.” she said. “ Fine.” I said defeated there was no point in arguing about taking money. She levitated the bits into my hand. I closed the bag of bits in my hand. I then put the bits in my suit's side pocket. “Thank you Twilight.” I said. “It's no problem.” she replied. I stepped outside and raised my mask. I wasn't going to use the money unless I needed to. I saw a few stands off in the distance, that might be good place to start.

I arrived in what I guess was the market district. Some of the ponies were staring at me. I felt dozens of eyes watching my movements. It didn't help that I towered above most of them. I took in my surroundings, most of the stalls sold only one thing. One stall only sold cherries, and another only sold carrots. I would guess most of these stalls were individually owned. I saw a bakery in the distance. The bakery looked almost like a ginger bread house. I felt my stomach rumble, I haven't eaten since the hospital. I wonder how much breakfast would cost. I started to walk towards the bakery. I felt the eyes of ponies following me as I walked to the bakery. I arrived at the bakery I looked inside the shop. Cakes lined the display shelves in the window. The most expensive one being only 20 bits, I was glad I learned the number symbols. I was deciding if I should go in. I started to play out the situations in my head. They might freak out thinking a monster was in there shop, and on the other hand they might refuse to serve me, although they didn't seem like the type to do such a thing, or they just serve me and life goes on. There was only one way to find out. I lowered my mask before I walked in. I walked in the bakery; there was a pink pony behind the counter. It had a very wide grin on it's face. The other pony was cream colored with a pink streak in it's mane. “Did you see the creature in town yesterday; It was talking with Luna, Shining Armor, and Twilight yesterday night?” the cream colored one said; I could tell it was female from her voice. “Now that he's out of the hospital I have to throw him a welcome party, OH! And I have throw him a get well party too.” the pink pony said, this pony was also female. Wait did she say she was going to throw me a party. She didn't even know me why would she show me kindness. “Maybe she has something to gain?” a voice in my head said; maybe she did have something to gain, but what? “There different from us maybe it just something they do for newcomers.” it was the kind voice. Maybe, maybe not I'll just have to find out. They still haven't took notice to me yet. “From what Lyra told me he was as tall a Celestia, and had glowing eyes.”The cream color pony said. “ Also that he walks on two legs, as opposed to four.” she added. “He's not from around here silly, that's why I'm throwing him a welcome party.” the pink pony said with a lot of enthusiasm. “Well I don't know, but I'll be back later to pick up my order.” the cream colored pony said. “Okey dokey lokey.” the pink energetic pony said. The cream pony turned around to walk out. She noticed me for the first time; her eyes opened widely. She started walking toward the door staring at me. She slammed into the door, and the pink pony busted out laughing. I have to admit it was pretty funny, but I didn't want to seem disrespectful by laughing. She shook it off and walked out the door, and was still starring at me from outside. I was the next person up “Here goes nothing.” I mumbled to myself.

I walked up to the counter; the pink pony had a welcoming smile on her face. “Hi my names Austin.” I said. “Hi Austin my names Pinkie Pie.” she said very fast and energetically. “You must be new around here, because I don't recognize you, and I'm friends with everypony.” she said with the same enthusiasm. Something in my mind flashed; it was when I first arrived here. There were six ponies and this was one of them, and Twilight was another one, but who were the other four ponies. I guess I'll have to figure out later. Also wouldn't she recognize me; maybe she really wasn't there and I'm just seeing things. It also may be possible she forgot about the incident, or could be because my mask is down, anyway I had to think of something to say “Ya, I only got here a few days ago.” I said; as I looked at the menu on the wall. They writing style was different from back home, it almost looked like calligraphy. “So Pinkie what is today's special?” I asked, I really hoped they had a special or I was about to like an idiot. “Chocolate chip pancakes.” she said energetically, I wondered if she was always this energetic or was this part of her job. “ Sounds great I'll take that.” She nodded and walked into another room which I would assume was the kitchen. There were some tables by the door, I decided to take seat there and wait for her to come back out. When I sat down I realized how tired I was, I hadn't slept since the hospital. I saw the kitchen door open I stood up and walked to the counter. She set the plate on the counter which was about waist height. I reached in to my pocket “ How much will it be?” I asked. “ Consider it a welcoming gift.” she said with a smile. “ Well at least let me give you tip.” she looked confused by what I said. I put two bits on the counter and picked up my plate. “ What is this for?” she asked confused. “ It's money for a good job.” she still looked confused “ It's a human tradition.” I said. She looked like she understood. I walked to a nearby table and sat down. The chairs were more like benches and they were lower than normal human chairs, but they were still better than standing. I set my plate on the table. There was a napkin on the table with a fork, spoon, and butter knife. I eat my pancakes slowly, I didn't want to look uncivilized. It was hard because these were the most delicious pancakes I ever had. I was actually disappointed when I finished them off. I stood up and placed my plate and fork on the counter. “Thank you for the great breakfast.” I said. “It was no problem.” she said with a smile. I turned around to walk, but when I did she was in front of me, how the hell did she do that. “ I almost forgot to invite to your welcoming party tomorrow.” she said bouncing up and down. “You don't have to do that Pinkie Pie.” I said she's already done enough for me, but I was little curious to see what she would gain. “No its fine I throw one for everypony.” she said still bouncing. I decided to play along “Thank you Pinkie I'll be there.” as I finished my sentence she wrapped me up in a hug; what was it with them and hugs I hope this is something I don't have to get use to. She finally released me from her hug, "Be here around 12 in the afternoon." she said, and with that I walked to the door. “I'll see you at the party tomorrow.” I said as I walked out the door.

I walked back into the market distract. I felt the eyes of ponies on me again, but I was thinking about something else. I had to go to a party tomorrow. I had no clothes besides my tattered uniform and my armor. I would just go in my armor, but also I needed to bathe. Also who was going to be at the party. I decided to leave the market district the feeling of ponies staring was starting to get to me. I was in a park like area. There were benches scatted around the park. I sat down at one of the benches. I felt worn out and tired I needed to get some sleep. I put up my mask. I didn't want to go to sleep in the park, I had to stand up, but I was to tired. I was just going to rest my eyes that's all. As soon as I closed my eyes I fell to sleep.

I Was back on Titan Station in the transport hub right after my squad left. I should have asked one of my squad members for a gun. The man told me that the government sector still had ships coming. Deep down in my mind I knew I wasn't going to make it, but I was going to try. I looked at my Rig's map, the fastest rout was through a hospital, but that was a well populated route. There would be chaos in those areas, but the only other route was nearly twice as long, but it went through less populated areas. I decided to go through the less populated area. I decided to walk because if I turned a corner, and one of them was there I would be ripped to shreds. I walked through the door, there was a dead soldier lying on the ground. He still had his grenades on him, but his weapon was ripped to shreds. “ Rest in peace comrade.” I said as I grabbed his grenades. His eyes were opened they had look of terror in them. I closed his eyes it was sad to see to see one of your fallen brothers like this. I was about quarter of the way there when I saw a flying necromorph. There were bodies scattered around the area. I hid in a nearby shop. The flying necromorph latched on to one of the bodies faces. I saw how these monsters were born. I almost threw up it was disgusting see my fellow man turning into these things. I sat in the store silent until all the bodies were turned into those damn necromorphs. After all the necromorphs left I waited a few minutes to be sure. I wasn't going to let myself turn into one of those damned things. I would detonate the grenades before I died. I walked outside the shop watching my corners. I had to keep pushing forward. I was about half way there when I heard something big behind me. I ducked behind some signs. The necromorph I saw was larger then any necromorph I've seen yet, it didn't even look human. It looked like it's purpose was brute strength. It stopped and looked around, I had a hand on the grenades. I heard a scream from down the hall. The brute turned around and charged back. I ran forward I had to get out of this area. There was a door, I heard the brute charging at me now. The door was locked due to the lock down. The doors sensor scanned me, the brute was getting closer. I turned around and threw a stasis field around it. “Sargent Austin Schroeder, clearance granted.” the automated said as I ran through the door. The door closed behind me, and then the brute slammed into the door. The door was badly damaged, if it charged it again it would break. I ran there were a few necromorphs in front of me. I was sprinting, if one got in my way I would shove it out of the way. There was another door up ahead, I put a stasis field around the necromorphs behind me. I run up to the door, and this one wasn't locked I ran through the door, and it shut behind me. “That was to close.” I said to myself painting. I looked at my Rig's map all, but one route was blocked by quarantine barriers. The lights were flickering up ahead. I was coming up to an T-intersection. This was getting close to my arrival here in Equestria.

I felt something touching my shoulder. It was still sunny out, I looked at what was touching my shoulder. A bird had landed on my shoulder. I started to move my left arm to wave it off my shoulder, but it flew off my shoulder.before I could. I wondered what time it was. All I knew is that it was still sunny out. I decided to head back to Twilight's house. I stretched as I stood up and let out a deep yawn. I started walking towards her house when the sun started going down. It when down in a matter of minutes, and as soon as it was down the moon came up. How did work I wondered to myself. I arrived at Twilight's house, and walked inside. She was sitting on the couch reading a book. “Hay, Twilight what are you reading?” I asked. “ A book on on mathematics.” she said. “The stuff you taught me aren't in any math books.” she said excited. “Do you know what that means!?” she said excitedly. “No, what does it mean?” I asked. “ It means the things your teaching me will be published in new textbooks. This will be my first book ever on the subject of math.” she said bouncing. “Alright then let me teach you some more things about math then.” I said. She had a wide smile on her face. “Are we going to do more tangents?” she asked excitedly. “No something new.” her smile grew even bigger hearing this. “What is it, will it allow it to travel through dimensions?” she asked. “No, but close its, Pythagorean theorem.” I said. I was going to have to ask her about the party later. She was too concentrated on learning about human mathematics. It was going to be another long night.

Author's notes
Sorry its been a long time since I've published anything.
Like I said earlier I'm open to any ideas you guys want to see in the future chapters, feel free to speak your mind.
Also I'm still with out an editor for the time.
Thank you