• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 2,786 Views, 41 Comments

Crestfallen Soldier - Dishonor20



The story is dead space crossover it's about soldier working for Earth Defense Force how will the n

  • ...
10
 41
 2,786

Nightmares

Nightmares

After what felt like hours Twilight finally ran out of questions about rockets. “ Alright that is all I needed to know,” she said as she placed the clipboard down. After all those questions I was finally done. Then I heard the door handle start turn. Shining Armor walked in followed by another pony this one taller then he was, and it had dark blue fur. It also had a horn and wings...Wait! Wings what was I going to see next. You know what I'm not gonna even ask. I looked over to see Twilight bowing in what I guess was respect. “ Its alright Twilight,” the pony said. I could tell it was female from it's voice. The blue pony looked at me “ My name is Princess Luna,” she said. “ My name is Austin Schroeder,” I said. At least I know what government type they have. Then I noticed something about Luna her hair moved as if there was wind in the room, but there was none. Not even a slight breeze. They have magic here so I guess any thing is possible.

“ So how did you end up here in Equestria?” Luna asked. “ It just sort of happened.” I said deciding not to tell them about the necromorphs. I had told Twilight there name, but not what they were. It was for the best. “ That is very strange, and you have no idea how it happened?” Luna asked, from her tone she knew I wasn't telling her something. “ I wish I did, but I have no idea how it happened or why it happened.” I said almost pledging. “ Okay I believe you,” Luna said “ But that doesn’t tell us how you got so injured,” she said. No one asked me that question yet “ I was in a bad fight, and got injured there was not much to it.” I said. They didn't need to know about the necromorph outbreak. “ He is a solider were he's from,” Shining Armor added. “ Perhaps, but what was it that you were fighting I've never seen injuries like those before.” Luna said. She was not about to let this go. “ I was fighting other humans,” I said. Twilight had a look of shock on her face “ humans fight each other,” Twilight said. She was obviously surprised by the news. “ I'm sure it works the same way here doesn’t it?” I asked. “ We have not fought each other for hundreds of years,” Shining Armor said. “ You are very different from humans, but that's something to be proud of,” I said. “ why is that ?” Luna asked. “ I'd rather not talk about it.” The way I said it made it to obvious I was hiding something. I was hoping it would deter her from asking another question.“ I understand,” Luna said. It worked, “ You must be tired.” Luna said. I was in fact tired, but I haven't said anything out of respect. “ We'll leave you alone,” Luna said before I even got to say anything. All three ponies walked out of the room. I rested my head against the pillow, and closed my eyes. Sleep fell upon me quickly.
---

“ He's not telling us every thing, ” Luna said. “ I know, but there is nothing we can do about it,” Shining Armor added. “ He seems like a nice guy,” Twilight said. “ Looks can be deceiving you both should know that,” Luna said. Reminding Twilight and Shining Armor of the Changeling attack. “ Even if he is hiding something there is no way to find out,” Twilight pointed out. “ I can go into his dreams and find out,” Luna said. Both Twilight and Shining Armor had a look of surprise on there face. “ You can do that?” Twilight asked. “ Yes, but I'll need both of you to help.” Luna said. Luna explained how they all needed to combine there magic so Luna could enter his dreams. “ Isn’t this invading his privacy, and also I thought dreams were completely random, ” Twilight asked “ Yes, but there are always based off of memories, and it needs to be done. We must make sure he is not a threat to Equestria.” Luna said. “ I still think this is a bad idea,” Twilight said. “ It's our only option,” Luna objected. All three of them went into the room. Austin was out cold, and the room was completely silent except for the occasional snoring from Austin. “ Alright are you ready,” Princess Luna whispered. Twilight and Shining Armor nodded. All three of there horns lit up. There was a bright flash and after the light subsided. Twilight and Shining Armor noticed Princess Luna was on the ground asleep.
----
Austin Schroeder

I saw the beginning of my recurring nightmare. It always started out happy with memories of my childhood. I saw the years I spent in school and the friends I made while in school. Then when high school came around the dream always seemed to slow down. As if rubbing it in my face that those times were gone. These were some of the best years of my life. I saw me in my football uniform. I loved playing that sport. Then I saw my graduation me and all my friends getting our diplomas the smiles on our faces and our families faces. I wish I could back to those times. Then the dream slowed down even more. It was the day I enlisted in the Earth Defense Force. On the bus ride there getting yelled at by the drill Sargent. Getting there getting buzz cuts, and getting yelled at again. I was use to getting yelled at by the coaches during football practice, but still that was nothing compared to this. After I finished basic training I was sent to mars for Sapper training. After I finished I was finally a soldier for Earth Defense Force. The pride and honor I felt was indescribable. I only wish I knew what I was getting into to. I was then sent to Scorpio 6. Even after all the fighting on the planet during the Resource War. They had managed to plunge them selves into another civil war.

It was are job to stop it why it was young, but I had to miss my sisters graduation. It hurt me knowing I wouldn't get to see my little sister graduate, but I had a duty to uphold. The dream slowed even more. It was know moving at real time or what felt like real time. The cargo plan landed with a sudden and violent jerk. I was thrown forward. Thanks for the please buckle your seat belt sign. Then again I was on a cargo plane. I stood up the back of the plane opened up. Me and other soldiers began to unload from the plane. I was to meet a person from my squad at the base's airfield. I was greeted by a man “ always expected to see in the military,” he said speaking directly at me. “ You probably don't remember me with this haircut,” he said smiling. His voice sounded very familiar “ Dillon ?” I asked. “ You got it,” he said laughing. “ Never expected you to be in the military,” I said. “ Neither did I,” he said his smile vanished. “ Oh I’m sorry I didn't know,” I said in an apologetic tone. “ Its fine,” he said smiling again. “ So what do you do?” I asked. “ Me I'm a hacker, or technical specialist as the military likes to call it.” He said “ ya you were always good with computers,” I said. “ So what about you?” He asked “ me I'm just a Sapper.” I said “ A what ?” he asked. “ A combat engineer,” I said laughing. He never understood anything about the military ever since middle school. I had to teach him everything. “ So how have things been ?” I asked. “ Good, after my term is up I'm going to purpose to my girlfriend.” He said “ That's great!” I said. “ Ya, how about you ?” he asked “ Same old same old,” I replied. “ Didn't your sister graduate this week ?” he asked. It almost felt like a punch to the gut. “ Ya,” I said somberly. He noticed he struck a nerve “ sorry I didn't know,” he said. “ Its alright,” I said. Something had slipped my mind until now “ are you the person I'm spouse to meet ?” I asked. He gave me a look that made me feel like an absolute dumb ass. “ NO! I'm just so happen to be standing at the airfield when your plane arrived,” He said in a sarcastic tone. We both let out a loud laugh. “ Let me show you around the base,” he said.

We both walked around the base talking about what happened after we finished high school. Then we stopped in front of one of the barracks. “ This is were our squad is housed.” He said “ Lets go meet them,” I said. We walked in the barrack. There was three men standing in circle. They all looked over at me the largest of the group stepped forward. He was huge at least 7 feet tall. He had piercing green eyes, and a very straight face. He was now in front of me smiling. “ The names Johnson how bout you,” he said raising his hand for me to shake. I did, and he nearly crushed my hand “ My names Austin,” I said with a hint of pain in my voice. He released his death grip on my hand. “ So I guess your the squads leader,” I said. “ Nope I'm the squads medic,” he said in his deep voice. He had a very country accent.

Another man stepped forward he was around my height. Which was 6'5 he started to raise his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand. “ My name is Andrew, and I'm the squads leader.” He said as he looked at me with bright blue eyes. I looked at the last member of the squad. He just gave me a quick glance and returned to what every he was doing. Johnson leaned in next to my ear. “ That's James he ain’t much for talking.” Johnson said. “ So if were done with introductions we should get some rest,” Andrew said. “ What? Its still bright out, and we haven’t even gone over the invasion plan yet.” I said “ We don't get the invasion plan until tomorrows briefing, and the reason its sunny is because days here on Scorpio 6 last for a week.” Andrew said. As he talked each squad member fell into a bed. There was only one left so I decided it was my bed. It was above Johnson's bed. I woke up the next morning from Johnson's loud yawning. I was always a light sleeper. We all got dressed in our uniforms, and we walked out side. We were walking towards a large compound in the middle of the base.

After the long briefing about what were suppose to do. Which was put a fast end to the civil war on Scorpio 6. Each squad was given there assignments. My squads assignment was to destroy a refinery. It would cause a major blow to the enemy, or the Unitologists is what people called the rebels. The Unitologists have always hated EarthGov, and everything EarthGov stands for. I wasn't a Unitologists, but I had a few friends that were. We were to be deployed by helicopter a mile away from the refinery. Thankfully the reports said there was to be very little resistance. It was going to be a get in get out mission. I only wish that were the case.

-------
Authors notes

Sorry I haven't published something in awhile. I had a lot of matters that required my assistance.
Also if you see any errors please point them out.
Also if there something you want to see in future chapters please feel free to speak your mind.
I also wish to thank every one who has pointed out my mistakes. Unfortunately I've been running solo on this with no editor.

I also want to thank you all for you support.