• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 1,050 Views, 65 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Bad Day - Luigi117



Rainbowdash's day is getting worse after she fails a totaly easy trick.

  • ...
3
 65
 1,050

Losing and Gaining

Whoever it was knocked again. "I got it!" Applejack got up out of her chair, still giggling. As she walked past Rainbow Dash, she gave her an evil grin. Rainbow stuck her tongue out. Applejack slowly opened the door. Outside stood a worried Pinkie Pie and an annoyed Fluttershy. "Well hi, Fluttershy and Pinkie!" Applejack said with a welcoming smile. Rainbow tensed. "Pinkie Pie..." She said under her breath. Applebloom took notice and decided it would be best if she tried to comfort RD. "Don't worry Rainbow Dash. Pinkie didn't do anything." Rainbow glanced down. "You have no idea kid." She picked up Applebloom and placed her on the floor. She got out of her seat and waited for Pinkie to walk in.

In the background, Big Mac and Granny Smith decided to get up and bring the dishes to the kitchen. Rainbow heard the two new guests step into the house. Her anger started to rise. She got into a fighting stance and started pawing at the ground, nostrils flaring. Applebloom stepped towards her. "Calm down Rainbow Dash! What did she do?" Rainbow seemed to get even more angry when she heard Applebloom's last sentence. Applebloom started to get scared and ran off to the kitchen. "Big Mac!" She yelled as she ran into the kitchen. "Eeyup?" He looked at her as he cleaned a plate. "Rainbow Dash looks like she's gonna explode! Help! I don't want something bad happening..." She looked at the floor. "Nope" He said. "I am cleaning the dishes. Plus, I don't know why she is mad. I can't help if I don't know the problem. Sorry." He added when he saw the sad look in his sisters face.

Rainbow was boiling. If she was any more angry, she would have turned all red. Pinkie came around the corner. "YOU!!!" Rainbow Dash screamed. Pinkie made a tiny peep noise and started backing up with a face full of fear. Rainbow stepped closer with every word she spoke. "YOU MOTHERBUCKER!! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, AND JUST WALK OFF!! I TRIED TO HELP MYSELF BECAUSE YOU WERE OUT PARTYING OR SOMETHING!!! I GOT STRUCK BY FREAKING LIGHTINING PINKIE PIE!!! LIGHTNING!!!" Pinkie Pie was cowering in a corner, covering her eyes. Rainbow stood above her, spreading her wings out to make herself look bigger. "um...Excuse me..." Rainbow looked over to see Fluttershy. "Well, I had to go out into a raging storm. I went to look for you with Pinkie." Rainbow turned back to Pinkie Pie, her face glowed with anger. Fluttershy continued. "It took Pinkie forever to convince me to walk out into that storm. We walked in that terrible rain, only to find that you weren't there." Rainbow Dash flew over to Fluttershy, almost knocking her over. "OH, SO IT'S MY FAULT NOW?!! YOUR GOING TO BLAME ME FOR PINKIE PIE LEAVING ME IN THE STORM WHEN YOU WERE TO MUCH OF A WUSS TO STEP OUTSIDE?!!" Fluttershy started to cry. She and Pinkie ran out of the house and away from Sweet Apple Acres.

"AND DON'T COME BACK!!!" Rainbow Dash was breathing heavily. She looked down at the ground. She started to calm down. She sighed and started to close the door. "Oh no you don't." Applejack stopped her from closing the door. She pushed Rainbow out. "I know you were mad, but that is not, I repeat, NOT the way you handle things. I suggest leaving now, Rainbow Dash." With that, Applejack shut the door in Rainbow's face. Rainbow Dash was stunned. She heard some noise coming from the house. Applebloom slowly opened the door and looked up at Rainbow Dash. Applebloom started to carefully step towards Rainbow Dash. She looked at RD with the same eyes she used when she wanted the pie, only to look down at the ground a moment later. There was silence for a few minutes. Rainbow looked down after a while and tried to remember what she had just said to her friends. She started to regret what she had done.

More silence. After a while Applebloom spoke in a small, scared voice. "If someone left me like that, I would be scared too." Rainbow Dash looked at Applebloom. They stared at each other. Rainbow started to cry as she picked up Applebloom and hugged her. Applebloom returned the hug. "Thanks, kid." Rainbow held Applebloom in front of her. "I never thought I would see the day." Applejack stepped out of the house. Rainbow turned around and wiped her eyes, releasing Applebloom. Applejack smirked a little. "I never thought I would see the toughest and fastest Pegasus in all of Equestria CRY!" Rainbow lay on the ground and let the insult pour over her. She felt like she deserved it.

Applebloom got angry. "SIS! Don't come out here and start insulting Rainbow Dash! Can't you see her side of the story? How would you like it if YOUR friends left you in the middle of nowhere?!" Applejack looked down at her sister. "Excuse me?!" Applebloom went right up to Applejack's face. "You heard me! What? Are you afraid of your little sister not agreeing with you?!" Applejack stepped back. She didn't expect Applebloom to disagree. But she did. Applebloom walked over to Rainbow Dash and lay down next to her. "Sorry sis, but you have to look at the story from both perspectives." Applejack became furious. She bent down to look RD right in the eyes. "This is all your fault my sister is acting this way. I hope your happy." She turned around and started to walk back to the house. Applebloom jumped up from shock. "SIS!! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST DID THAT!!" Applejack looked back. "Well I just did." She then proceeded to walk into the Apple Family home.

Rainbow Dash slowly flew towards her home with Applebloom on her back. "Sorry kid..." Rainbow said in a weak and trembling voice. Applebloom looked down at the ground below them. "It's okay Rainbow Dash. My sister didn't have to insult you like that. If any one should be sorry, it should be me." Rainbow didn't answer. When she got to her home, she put Applebloom on a couch so she wouldn't fall through the clouds. "Well kid, I set up some rugs all over the house so you can walk around without falling through the clouds." She showed Applebloom around the house. "Woooooooooow.... You mean to tell me that you built this all by yourself?" Usually, a question like that would make Rainbow Dash happy, but not as much now. "Yeah kid, I did. pretty cool right?" Rainbow gave a small smile. Applebloom saw this and tried to keep her happy. She suggested they play some games.

The rest of the night consisted of them playing tag or board games, and whatever Applebloom could think of. Rainbow was smiling and laughing, and Applebloom was doing the same. Tank even tried to play something with them. "You can't catch me!" Applebloom giggled. Rainbow Dash grinned. "Oh, yes I can!" They ran around the house, jumping over furniture and ducking under tables. Applebloom jumped onto the couch. Rainbow sped up and grabbed the little earth filly around her waist. "Gotcha!" She yelled. Rainbow started to tickle Applebloom. She started to laugh uncontrollably. "Rain..Bow...Stop!! Ahahaha!!!" Applebloom rolled over. Rainbow Dash didn't. "Not until you say that I win!" Applebloom couldn't stop giggling. "OK! OK! OK! You win! You win!" Rainbow ceased the tickling with a satisfied smile. "Man, Rainbow Dash! Your good!" Applebloom said with a small smile.

They both started to yawn. Rainbow picked up Applebloom and placed her onto a pillow. "OK kid, time for bed." Applebloom looked sad. "But Rainbow! I'll be cold!" Rainbow Dash sighed and flew over. She curled up around the little filly. She covered her with her wing for extra warmth. "Better?" Rainbow looked at Applebloom. "Yep! Thank you!" With that she too curled up into a small ball. Rainbow Smiled. "Thank you, Applebloom."