• Published 8th Sep 2012
  • 1,049 Views, 65 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Bad Day - Luigi117



Rainbowdash's day is getting worse after she fails a totaly easy trick.

  • ...
3
 65
 1,049

The Storm

Rainbow Dash had to hug Pinkie Pie around her neck so the pink earth pony would stop crying. "Oh, I hope they can fix you up! Did you break anything? Are you comfortable? If your not, I'll stop and you can position yourself. Are you thirsty? Are you hungry? If your hungry, I have some cake! It was supposed to be for your party, but your health comes first." Pinkie Pie rambled on. "They can. Probably. Yeah I'm comfy. No you don't have to stop. No. Meh. Oh really? Well thanks, Pinkie." Rainbow answered all of her questions. "Well I'm going to stop at Sugercube Corner. I WANT you to drink something. I heard that it helps the doctors or something like that."

Since Rainbow Dash had crashed, she couldn't do her job. Huge rainclouds drifted over Ponyville, showering it in darkness. It had started to drizzle. "Well, the boss won't be happy." Rainbow muttered to herself. Pinkie stopped and turned to look at Rainbow. "Oh, don't worry. I told all of your friends what happened, so they are trying to keep the storm away!" Pinkie Pie smiled. Rainbow Dash went wide eyed. "WHAT?!! YOU TOLD ALL OF THE WEATHER PATROL?!! WHAT THE HAY PINKIE PIE?!! NOW EVERYONE WILL LAUGH AT ME!!!" Rainbow Dash was breathing heavily. "Oh. Sorry." Pinkie looked down at the ground and kept walking. As she splashed through puddles and waded through mud, Rainbow wondered how Pinkie Pie had told all of her patrol. If she was on her back the whole time, then how? Had she fallen asleep? Was she so dazed that she couldn't remember it? Or was it Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie? Rainbow concluded that the Pinks used Telekina whatever it was called to tell her friends. She lifted her head to try and see what was in front of them. They just passed Sweet Apple Acres. That means they still had half an hour of walking at the speed Pinkie was going.

The rain was falling heavier and heavier every second, making the walk even slower due to huge puddles and deep mud. Ten minutes passed without a word. Rainbow Dash was starting to feel sorry for yelling at Pinkie Pie. She wasn't hugging her anymore. She saw Pinkie look up and look around. She walked over to a large tree and put Rainbow Dash under it. Then Pinkie got up and left. Rainbow dash was really confused and angry. "What the.. HEY PINKIE!! COME BACK!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!! PIIINKIIIEEEE!!!!!!" Pinkie Pie couldn't hear her over the pounding rain. Rainbow watched in disbelief as Pinkie Pie walked off. "PINKIE PIE!!! COME BACK!!!" Rainbow Dash screamed at the top of her lungs. Pinkie looked like she was oblivious to everything going on around her. She kept walking, and soon disappeared over a hill. Rainbow's mouth hung open. She stared at the place Pinkie used to be. She put her head on the ground and curled up into a ball. "I can't believe Pinkie Pie just left me under a tree." She said. She started to cry. If anyone saw her,they couldn't have been able to tell because of the rain.

The rainstorm was coming in full force. The rain pounded Rainbow Dash as she tried to hide under the tree. She flinched at each boom of thunder and each strike of lightning. She felt like the wind was trying to kill her. It pushed against her with so much force, it pushed her into a tree. Rainbow managed to crawl around to the other side of the tree to hide from the wind. She was still crying. "Why would Pinkie Pie do this?!!" She screamed at the tree. The tree seemed to point somewhere. Rainbow followed the branches with her eyes. It was pointing right at Sweet Apple Acres. "Hmmm." Rainbow thought out loud. She opened her wings. Big mistake. Instantly, the wind took her away. Rainbow yelped as it threw her around. She tried to control where she was going. She managed to, somewhat, as she flew in a very weird course towards Sweet Apple Acres.

"And that is what happened! So can you help?" Pinkie jumped up and down. Fluttershy was laying down on her couch. "I don't know Pinkie. It's pretty bad out there. I don't want to try and fly Rainbow Dash all the way here in THAT. Why didn't you bring her here by yourself?" Fluttershy looked at Pinkie with an expression of pure worry. Pinkie ceased her jumping and ran right up to Fluttershy. "I could run a TON faster without her on my back you know. It would have taken me HOURS to get here in that storm with her on my back." "OK Pinkie Pie. But we need to be extremely careful alright?" Fluttershy got up and placed Angel down. She opened the front door and thunder boomed. She gave a frightened squeak. "Don't worry Fluttershy! I'll be right behind you!" Pinkie walked right up behind her and gave a salute. "Um... OK...(gulp)... H-here I g-g-go" She took a step outside. CRACK!! Lightning struck in front of the cottage. Fluttershy screamed and ran inside. Pinkie face-hoofed and walked back inside.

Rainbow Dash flew around wildly in the storm, getting closer to Sweet Apple Acres. "Come on, I can make it!" She said through gritted teeth. The rain felt like a million punches everywhere it hit. The thunder getting louder due to the wind bringing her close to the clouds. With each strike of lightning, her ears rang and it felt like her body would shake itself apart. "I'm getting closer!" She said to herself. She flew over the fence and got close to the barn. She saw Applejack coming out of it, holding on to her hat. Rainbow smiled a little and tried to wave. "APPLEJACK!!!" She screamed several times before the small speck of an Earth pony looked up. "HEY! APPLEJA-" CRACK!! Rainbow felt a huge tingling and burning sensation at the same time. She slowly closed her eyes as she fell towards the ground.

Applejack looked up when she heard a screaming sound from above. She could make out the figure of Rainbow Dash. She wasn't really flying. It looked like being thrown around in an imaginary baseball game. Applejack tried to talk to her. "Need any help Rainbow? If you do , the-" She couldn't get the last few words out. She watched in horror as her friend was struck by lightning. "RAINBOW DASH!" She screamed. Rainbow started to fall. Applejack ran to where she thought she would land. She fell faster and faster until zooming over Applejack, knocking her hat off in the process. Applejack ran after her, looking up just in time to see Rainbow Dash crash into the ground.