• Published 29th Aug 2012
  • 3,429 Views, 128 Comments

The Dragonborn's Magical Adventure in Equestria - blackjack



The Dragonborn goes to Equestria, a few hours later the land erupts in war.

  • ...
7
 128
 3,429

One last word

Comments ( 7 )

Please don't say that this is the end of Khajit's adventures in equestria...

ENDING A STORY IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. :flutterrage:

That's sad. Really sad. I just hope that you will come back...

Bah, what a same. I really like the world you set up here and it is definitely the best Skyrim crossover I has read so far.
I don't really understand your reasons for leaving; what is wrong with earning fame and appreciation when many people receive such praise when they have done almost nothing? Heh, I know the feeling of having a great idea, only for the final result to falter in expectations is a horrible. I have tons of stories with huge worlds and plots, but it's intimidating to me, so I won't be publishing them any time soon.
Anyway, if you still hold any passion for writing I recommend writing one-shots-a kind of quality over quantity thing. You will have a complete story people will be able to honestly critic and you will be able to grow you skills as well, which feeling all the attention was undeserved.
Oh, in addition, there is a study that suggests that excessive praise to a skill an individual feels incompetent in will lead the individual to establish a stronger belief in their short comings, since so much attention is put forth to deter it. It's a bit of odd psychology, but I feel like it was worth mentioning.
Anyway, I know their is a high probability you may not read this, and that is fine. Maybe my babble will influence a pasting reader...who knows? :raritywink:

3363272
Ehhhhhhhhh.

Well I wouldn't necessarily call this the best Skyrim crossover.

There are a couple reasons I ditched this story, you have to look back at when I was first writing it. I had just written my first real attempt of narrative fiction and for some reason, everyone loved it. So here I was with the start of a story and no ending, nor an idea of an ending, and hundreds of people apparently wanted me to make one. Was a little overwhelming is all. I made delays so that I could get some plot down, failed that, and ended up with weeks and even months gathering in between updates. Added to the fact that I didn't, and still don't, think the story is as good as everyone claims and, well, I just sorta quit.

I have had people recommend that I write one shot stories before though. I still definitely love writing (think about it constantly, even when I never bother to practice it) and I have ended up starting a few short works and getting a couple hundred words in. Just never bothered to post or finish them, seeing as I did say I abandoned the site. Still, thanks for the advice and opinion. I'm happy you enjoyed what little I wrote of this story, maybe I'll continue it one day, after I've actually bothered to think over what I want to do with it, if anything. No promises though, I'm awful with them. :twilightsheepish:

That psychology fact was kinda interesting by the way, and thinking over how I felt at the time, makes sense. Maybe I am undervaluing my writing skills, but I've said this all before. Thanks again for reading.

That’s a shame, it was just getting good.

Login or register to comment