• Published 23rd Jul 2020
  • 427 Views, 4 Comments

One, two, three, run away with me. - dashix



Now that Cozy Glow had escaped her stone prison and everything she seems to do is wrong, what hope is left for the daughter of Rainbow Dash and Applejack?

  • ...
3
 4
 427

Run away with me

Chapter 4

"At least we know where they are." Starlight offered as Rainbow Dash punched a wall. The others winced at the sound of impact. Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie were talking with a few royal guards, forming a rescue team to bring back their children. Applejack was trying to calm a raging Rainbow Dash, and Starlight Glimmer was writing back to Sugar Belle, notifying her that they would be at the town shortly.


April Wisp giggled as she and Cozy Glow talked. Sugar Pie was standing nearby smiling.

"Yeah, I still can't believe how uncomfortable being a rock is. The coping mechanisms are as hard as stone!" Cozy smiled as April broke out in a fit of laughter. Sugar didn't find the joke all that funny but since she'd never see April so happy, she just went along with it and chuckled.

"I am so glad we ran away with you!" April smiled.

"It's literally been a day." Sugar interjected.

"I know right! I want this to last forever!" She jumped up so full of light and hope she was practically glowing.

Cozy looked up at the sun. It was about noon, the three fillies had been sitting around talking since eight.

"Anyway," Cozy offered. "You two hungry? It's about noon."

Sugar nodded, "We brought some bits and gems when we left."

April nodded as well and looked up at the sun to check for herself. "After we eat, I think I just want a nap."

Cozy chuckled then gave her a sad smile, "You're a lot like your mother."

Sugar looked up, "You knew our parents?"

The pink pegasus nodded. "I studied them for a few months before enrolling in Twilight's school. There I got to get to know them a bit more. Once I became, y'know, stone, I couldn't see but I could still hear everything."

April's gaze softened, "Why'd you do it anyway? I know you're not a bad pony."

"I well- I was abandoned at a young age, I never knew any other way. I get its not really an excuse but yeah."

April gave the other pegasus a firm hug.

Suddenly a light blue beam of light shot Cozy Glow, freezing her in place. April jumped back, "Cozy!"

The three fillies looked over to see Starlight Glimmer, with her horn lit, leading members of the royal guard and the hero's of Equestria towards them.

This included their parents.

Sugar lit her horn to surround them in a protective shield when Cozy yelled, "no!"

"We need to go, c'mon cozy!" April looked at Cozy Glow, her gaze was anxious, maybe even a bit scared.

"I can't move! You two need to run! I can't risk you getting in trouble."

"I'm not leaving you behind! I'll stay here and face my stupid parents if I have to."

Close enough to hear now, Rainbow Dash and Applejack flinched but their stares were still angry.

"GO! I lead you here, it's my fault!"

April was about to protest when Sugar Pie grabbed her, "April, we need to go!"

With tears running down her eyes, April let herself be dragged away until she saw the desperation in Cozy's eyes. She kept her place even as Sugar tried to pull her away. Even as the older ponies got closer.


A beam of light was shot and April watched in horror as Cozy Glow was turned to stone.

The orange pegasus walked over to the stone one, devoid of emotion. She whispered in her ear, "I love you."

Then April Wisp walked over to Sugar Pie and just sat, waiting for her parents.

Author's Note:

I'M SORRY, this was kinda rushed and last minute but I hope you enjoy!