• Published 23rd Jul 2020
  • 427 Views, 4 Comments

One, two, three, run away with me. - dashix



Now that Cozy Glow had escaped her stone prison and everything she seems to do is wrong, what hope is left for the daughter of Rainbow Dash and Applejack?

  • ...
3
 4
 427

One

Author's Note:

This is my first story that I'm posting for any public audience so sorry for any mistakes or mishaps. Some close friends convinced me it was worth publishing so I know it isn't at its best. I edited and wrote it myself. This story is meant to take place sometime after season 9, therefore it involves spoilers as well as formed families I made up myself.

Chapter one.

April Wisp skipped from rock to rock over a small stream. The sun beat down on her orange coat and her long rainbow mane bounced. She spread her wings and took to the sky giggling with glee. It'd been a while since she could do that and she just felt so free!

The orange pegasus sighed then looked to the ground when she heard her name being called, "April! Get back down here!" April's older brother Apple Seed stood on the ground.

The light purple colt with a blonde mane was just an earth pony and couldn't catch her but she knew she'd most likely get in trouble if she didn't see what he wanted. She dove towards the ground then skidded to a stop in front of her brother.

"What's up?" She asked, brushing off a few leaves.

Apple Seed sighed and nodded towards the barn, "mama just finished dinner."

April groaned, "5 more minutes!"

Like that, April darted up into the sky ignoring her brother as he called after her. She flew in circles, doing tricks in the air as she spun. April took a deep breath. She remembered her mom teaching her a specific trick, actually no, she didn't remember it. She just remembered a lot of spinning.

She closed her eyes, she spun once..

then twice..

then three times...

...and went spinning uncontrollably in the sky until she bumped into a familiar blue pegasus with a rainbow mane like her own.

"Hey mom," She giggled nervously as she looked up at Rainbow Dash's stern expression.

——————–——————————–——–

April Wisp just stared at her food not bothering to touch it as her mother's looked at her sternly. Apple Seed just sat nearby and ate his food hungrily.

"Why'd ya go flying off after yer brother here went out and told ya dinner was done?" Her mama, Applejack, asked. April pushed her food away from her with one hoof.

"Well one, I wasn't hungry. Two, I really wanted to practice my flying and ya see, there was this trick I was learning and I-" April noticed her parents narrow their eyes, "I'm sorry."

After a small pause Rainbow Dash stood up and walked over to her daughter. April gulped then her mom just put her wing around her and said, "You know we love you, right?"

April nodded slowly, "but..?"

Applejack just sighed, "but ya can't just go flying off like that! We're yer parents so when we say dinner is done, it means come home and be with yer family. Plus, now that Cozy Glow escaped her stone prison and is no where to be found... yer tricks can wait."

April groaned again, "ughhh fine."

Rainbow Dash took her wing away from her daughter, "If you're going to have attitude with us, go to your room."

"I'm going!"

As she passed her brother she heard him mutter, "I tried to warn you."

April just growled and marched to her room. Right before she entered her room she heard Applejack shout, "and you can clean up these dishes and clutter before ya sleep!" The filly just slammed her door and went to sit by her window. She knew her parents just cared about her safety and were big on behavior but it made her so mad, sometimes she just wanted to scream.

As she heard her family finish dinner and go to their own separate tasks, April went downstairs to clean up after dinner. There was no use starting another argument with her mother's. When she was done, the sun had already set and she went back to her bedroom. She laid in bed and covered herself in blankets. April Wisp heard her door open and quickly shut her eyes pretending to be asleep.

"Guess she's already asleep." She heard her mom, Rainbow Dash, say.

Mama sighed then walked over to April, tucked her in and planted a kiss on her forehead. "I love ya April, goodnight."

Applejack then left the room but Rainbow Dash walked closer, "night kiddo, sweet dreams." She wrapped her wing around her daughter in a quick hug then shut off the lights and left. April opened her eyes and looked at her door then lay back down on her side and fell asleep.

————————————————————

Even in her sleep, April Wisp felt like she was being watched. She peeked open her eyes to see her mother's by her bedroom door whispering to each other. She pricked up her ears to hear better.

"She's going to be a target. You know it, I know it. I can tell even Apple Seed knows it." Rainbow Dash spoke quietly.

Applejack snorted, "and how exactly do ya know Apple Seed ain't the target?"

a breif pause

"I don't."

With that, the rainbow haired mare left the room followed by Applejack a few moments after.

All April could do was gasp then fall asleep again and hope for the best. She was unsure of what her parents meant but staying up and thinking about it at this time would help no one.

———————-—————————————

April woke to the sound of the roasters. She jumped up and left her room, heading downstairs. Once she was downstairs she sat by the door and waited for somepony to come down.

When Apple Seed arrived a few minutes later, she quickly ran to him and said, "I'm skipping breakfast then I'll head to school."

Apple Seed shook his head slightly, "mama and mom won't like that."

April just nodded, "acknowledged." Then she dashed out the door.

It was a beautiful fall day though it looked the same as it did yesterday, the day before, and basically all of autumn before that. The multicolored leaves coated the ground as they slowly but surely fell from the trees. She just sighed then decided to go for a bit of a walk around ponyville before she had to get to school. Either way, she needed her friend Sugar Pie's help. Sugar was a pale pink unicorn with a sort of wavy dark blue mane. AND, she was jaw-dropping gorgeous!

April stopped in front of Sugar Cube Corner where she knew her friend would be. She quickly knocked on the door and smiled when her adoptive mother, Pinkie Pie, opened the door.

"Is Sugar here?" April asked hopefully. The pink earth pony nodded and called for her 'daughter'.

As April entered she noticed Cheese Sandwhich was on top of the counter juggling toy chickens, Pinkie Pie and her daughter Lil' Cheese were packaging some cakes for the next order of sweets, and Sugar Pie was rushing downstairs and heading towards her direction.

"Heyo! I was wondering if you wanted to walk to school with me? I wanted to tell you something on the way anyhow." April smiled at her friend.

Sugar nodded, "let's go quick then. I'd assume we won't want any Elements or important ponies to overhear?"

April just chuckled, "You know me too well." After brief good-byes, the two mares walked off towards the direction of the school house.