• ...
 0
 754

Chapter Seven - The Final Battle

Author's Note:

This chapter was originally gonna be written by Moonstar, but since he had written chapter 6 and his part in this collab was now done, we brought back Queen Sora to write this chapter with my help.

Starlight, Sunburst, Spike, and the mane five, along with Amber Night and Apple Winesap stood before the unsealed Well of Shade. "It's been unsealed… they were here," Said Amber Night as she stared at the well.

“Are you sure about that?" Rainbow asked.

"This well was sealed. Now it's not. And not just anything can get in there. Look at the mark in the stone," Amber said as she pointed her hoof at a marking in the stone.

"Is that Twilight's cutie mark?" Applejack questioned.

Amber Night nodded. "Yes. Along with my master's cutie mark," She said. "Only them two could've been able to break the seal and enter the well."

“That would explain the entry.” Rarity chimed in. "Though, I must say that marking is absolutely divine."

"Well, what are we all still doing up here?! Let's go down there and look for them!" Said Apple Winesap as he began to walk ahead of the group, but Amber put her right hoof in front of him, stopping him.

“Remember, we still have to keep in mind about how this place can be set on possible traps or even worse- Timberwolves. So if you don't mind. I'll lead!” Amber said as she walked ahead of him leading the group into the well.

Pinkie was right behind Amber. When they got in it was dark. Too dark for Pinkie and others to see.

“I can’t see anything!” Pinkie exclaimed.

"As a bat pony and living in a land of darkness for all my life, my eyes are prone to the dark, so don't worry, I'll guide you," Amber said.

They keep on walking in the dark, under Amber’s directions leading on the path gets a bit dimmed but she knows that she has to keep leading.

“How much further?” Apple Winesap asked, with slight impatience in his tone.

“Not much further. As my sight indicates we are getting closer to them.” Amber replied.

When they got closer, Amber stopped in her tracks having the others stop as well.

“What’s the matter, Amber?” Starlight asked, with concern.

“I hear something. It sounds like it's coming from this way!” Amber said as she led the others in the direction of which she heard the noise. She started galloping towards the sound with the others galloping behind her. When she got to the source of the sound she was horrified. "Master!!" She could see him weakly trying to move. And she could see Twilight's unconscious body beside him.

“Twilight!!” Starlight yelled when she saw her mentor unconscious.

"A… Amber," Rainius said weakly.

"Master, wh...what happened?" Amber asked furiously.

"All has been revealed," He answered.

"Master, what do you mean?" Amber asked.

"Why is there a painting of Twilight in here?" Applejack asked as she observed the portrait on the wall.

Rainius weakly replied. "That's Helia. Or what an artist thought she looked like. Helia has a much different, but yet similar appearance to Twilight,"

"You saw Helia?!" Apple Winesap exclaimed in shock.

Rainius nodded. "I did. As well as Caspian. Caspian was apparently trapped inside me," He said. Everyone gasped.

"So… what happened to Twilight?" Sunburst asked.

"I have always known Twilight would come to Hollow Shades looking for a voice, but I had never thought all this would happen," Rainius responded.

"How did you know she would come here?" Spike asked him.

"It appeared to me in a vision a long time ago… she is very special," Rainius answered. "She is the reincarnated Helia the Harmonious!" Everypony gasped again.

“It seems the legend is true!” Amber Night said.

"We need to get Twilight to a hospital!!" Said, Starlight. "Do you guys have any hospital's here?"

Amber Night shook her head. "Not much anymore, sorry." She answered.

"Then we'll have to take her to Ponyville!" Exclaimed Starlight.

"And how are we gonna do-!" Rainbow Dash began but was interrupted when Starlight suddenly teleported them all to the hospital in Ponyville. "That." She finished her question bluntly.

“We need some help please, hurry!!” Starlight shouted with panic to Nurse Redheart.

Nurse Redheart scurried off to help Starlight, bringing Twilight into the intensive care unit where Twilight is still unconscious. Starlight went back there with her.

A few minutes later Starlight came back. "Well, is Twilight going to be okay?” asked Fluttershy, who was visibly distressed by what was going on.

“Honestly, we don’t know,” said Starlight, who was also saddened but was trying to console her friends at the same time. “The doctors said they are doing the best they can, but they cannot say for sure.”

Rainbow Dash then looked at Starlight in anger. “That can’t be right! I know Twilight! She is the Princess who defeated supercharged Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow at the same time! She should be able to overcome this!”

Applejack then put her foreleg around Rainbow Dash’s shoulder. “Don’t worry, hun. I still have faith that she can pull through, and so should you. It isn’t easy, but I know she can do it.”

Starlight smiled. “I love your confidence. Yes, we will be able to do this, don’t worry. Just calm down.” They suddenly hear a lot of noise outside.

"What's that?!" Fluttershy exclaimed, scared. They all run outside and they can see the two gods, Helia the Harmonious and Caspian the Chaotic fighting in an intense battle against each other.

“You cannot beat me again Helia!!!” Caspian shouted with hatred. “The world will be mine to fall into darkness and chaos!!”

He keeps using his attacks, Helia blocks them with her defense shield that was done by her powerful magic.

“You may have returned. But for your misdeeds, thy punishment will be served!!” She yelled unleashing her light powers striking into Caspian.

Caspian was about to strike when he felt a sharp pain into his chest. The others see that burst of light magic goes, through him.

Caspian laughs at it. "You really think that's going to defeat me?!" He exclaimed. "You are sorely mistaken, Helia! Now all the world shall be plundered into eternal chaos!!" He laughed once more, savoring his feeling of victory as he turned Ponyville into a land of chaos, much similar to what Discord had done, but more chaotic and wicked.

Starlight and the others kept slipping on the soapy ground as they were trying to move. There were houses that were upside down, the sky was pink, the clouds were made of cotton candy and were raining chocolate milk, the day turned to night and back into day in just a few seconds. The animals had all gone berserk and were attacking everypony and everything.

Helia remained her ground, glaring at Caspian. Knowing her magic will not simply defeat him. Helia used her magic to restore some things back to normal, but Caspian's magic was much stronger and was turning everything back into a chaotic nightmare. "When will you learn Helia? That there is a balance between Harmony and Chaos?!" Caspian said.

"Ha… Harmony is balance… brother," Helia said. Everypony gasped.

"Brother?!" Everypony said in unison.

"Helia and Caspian are siblings?!" Amber said in shock. The sky turned a dark yellow, much like it was sunset, but a shade darker.

Meanwhile in the hospital. Rainius had awoken and regained his strength. He was at Twilight's bedside as he watched the doctors use their defibrillator to try to get her heart going again. "Clear!" One doctor said. The doctors used the defibrillator. Nothing. "Again! Clear!!" Still nothing. "Dammit," Muttered the doctor.

Outside, the battle still raged on. With chaos among the ponies everywhere. Starlight and the others still are slipping ground still struggling to move. "Helia!" Starlight shouted, hoping to gain the goddess's attention. She did.

Helia looked down at Starlight. "What?!" Helia exclaimed, a bit annoyed.

“You can’t fight him alone!” Starlight exclaimed when she got her balance on the ground.

“We can win this together by using our friendship and yours!”

“How can we be sure this will work?” Helia replied with uncertainty.

“Trust me our friendship can conquer anything!” Starlight replied.

“Alright," Helia said, landing near Starlight and the mane five along with Spike and Sunburst.

Starlight nodded. As she along with the others walked up to Caspian, who seemed to enjoy his newfound victory. Before, he can claim to conquer all of Equestria. He heard his sister’s voice.

“Brother…” Helia said, with a stern tone.

“Oh, you again? … Back to try to defeat me, sister?” He said, “As I told you before there is a balance between harmony and chaos.” Letting out a small evil chuckle, he charged his horn and was prepared to attack her again.

Helia replied, “You are wrong. Harmony is balance. It always has been. And it always will be. You may think you're all-powerful, but there's a magic that is even more powerful than you or anything out there."

"And what is that?" Caspian said with a bit of a chuckle.

"The magic of… Friendship!" Helia exclaimed before she, Starlight, Sunburst, Spike, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack all had combined their magic together, releasing a rainbow laser straight at Caspian that had enveloped him.

"What…?! NO!! NOOOOOOOO!!" Caspian exclaimed. Everything returned to normal. Well, almost everything. Starlight and the others were back on solid ground where they stood upon a normal Ponyville, but now there was a giant white ball in the sky.

Inside that ball were the two gods. "Caspian," Helia whispered. "Take my hoof, brother. Let us go home together." She held out her hoof. He refused. "Brother, please! We need to stop this! It's time we go home, back to the beginning." She then remembered as she thought about the ponies who helped her. "Starlight, take this." She used her magic to place a bit of her soul into a white orb which she gave to Starlight. "Give this to the girl." Were her final words before she grabbed Caspian's hoof, making them both fade into nothingness. The white ball exploded in the sky.

Starlight looked down at the orb. "We need to get this to Twilight, fast!" She exclaimed before they all ran inside the hospital. When they got to her room the doctor and Nurse Redheart came out the door to her exam room. The looks upon their faces were sorrowful.

"We did everything we could. I'm sorry," Nurse Redheart said.

Starlight walked in the room where Twilight laid dead on the hospital bed. Rainius by her side. Tears fell from Starlight's eyes as she stood next to her mentor's head. "You've taught me everything there is to know about friendship, you've saved me from continuing down a dark path from which there would be no return. You've done so much for me. I love you, Twilight." Starlight said before she placed the white orb into Twilight's chest.

Twilight awoke with a gasp of air. She turned to Starlight. "I love you too, Starlight. Your act today has proven you are ready for something more in this world," She said.

"What do you mean?" Starlight asked, perplexed. She had no idea what was going on.

Twilight swerved her horn and enveloped Starlight into a great ball of magic. Starlight emerged from that ball moments later. Except… different. She now had wings and was a bit taller.

She gazed at herself in fear. "Wh… what?!" She said. "No… there must be some mistake! I can't be an Alicorn… or a Princess."

"You are ready, Starlight," Twilight said. "Trust me."

"Well then," Said the voice of Sunburst. "Princess. We do have a matter that needs to be taken care of."

"Oh no, what now?!" Starlight said worriedly.

"This is a good thing," Sunburst replied before he got down on one knee and pulled out a small box from his pocket. He opened it to reveal a beautiful ring. "Princess Starlight Glimmer… will you marry me?"

Starlight was left speechless. Tears were falling from her eyes, but these tears were tears of joy. "YES!!" She screamed, wrapping her hooves around him and embracing him.

Rainius stood next to Twilight. "Well, those two are going to make for a great Prince and Princess," He said. "So, I guess now that Helia and Caspian are gone, that means you'll be returning to Canterlot to continue ruling over Equestria."

"Actually, I may be a good ruler, but it was just not meant for me. As ruler of Equestria, I gotta do what's best for Equestria. And I know exactly what that is," Twilight said as she stared at Sunburst and Starlight. Equestria was going to be in good hooves.