• ...
 0
 751

Chapter Five - Friendly Conversations

Author's Note:

This chapter was written by Queen Sora who replaced Enmity the Kind in writing this chapter after he quit the project. This chapter was written with my help.

In the Hollow Shades, The rest of the mane six, along with Starlight, Sunburst, and Spike stayed behind with Commander Apple Winesap while Twilight and Rainius were out looking for the Well Of Shade. Rainbow Dash moaned, “I am so bored there’s nothing to do around here!” she flopped onto a guest seat nearby.

Apple Winesap replied to the pegasus in an amused tone, “Maybe you would want to hear a story?"

Pinkie piped in, “A Story?! Oh boy! What's it about?!"

Amber Night joined in. "My master told me this one. He used to go on and on about it. Still does," She said.

Rarity said, “Go on. We would love to hear all about it, darling!”

Amber Night smiled. "It's an old tale. A tale of two gods. Helia the Hamonic… and Caspian the Chaotic," She began. "They would fight constantly, shifting the balance of harmony and chaos between them."

"Ooh! What happened next?!" Rainbow Dash asked, intrigued with hints of curiosity.

"Well, from what I remember from the master telling me is they one day made peace with each other. They vowed never to fight again. Caspian though, betrayed her. He wanted to destroy harmony and take over Equestria. He told Helia that they would seal themselves in the afterlife and would only return if the balance was thrown off, but he was actually planning to only seal her there while he would take over the world. Helia saw past his trick though, and she banished him into the afterlife," Amber said. “Some may think it was a legend, but it actually happened. The master himself had seen when the afterlife could not restrain Caspian."

Fluttershy softly said, “Then what happened?”

"Caspian returned and swore vengeance on Helia. She and him fought, until at last she had defeated Caspian, or so she thought. It was said he ejected his soul from his body and placed it inside one of our villagers, and that the day Helia is found, he will return. And he had cast a curse on the village, blocking out the sun and leaving this place in an eternal night. A night that will never end until the wrong is righted… until he is defeated," Amber said, solemnly.

“That is why we are taking measures until the time comes,” Apple Winesap said with a deep and determined mindset.

Meanwhile, Sunburst was sitting with the group, sitting next to Starlight, still questioning how he will ask her to marry him. He got up and walked away from the group. Apple Winesap noticed this and followed him. "What is troubling you, young stallion?" He asked.

Sunburst sees Apple Winesap with a troubling expression before answering, “It’s nothing really but just can't help but thinking.”

"Thinking about what?" Apple Winesap asked, getting more intrigued.

“Starlight. I am thinking of proposing to her. We've been together for quite a while. I love her deeply but I am nervous about how I can do that.” Sunburst said, as he felt more anxious than earlier.

Meanwhile, while this was happening, back at camp, Starlight was thinking about Twilight. It was then she noticed Sunburst was gone. "Where's Sunburst?" She asked.

"Oh, he's over there talking to Apple Winesap," Answered Applejack.

Starlight replied, “Oh well...I was thinking of going out to find Twilight and Rainius.”

Rarity said, slightly concerned. “Darling, you simply mustn't!!”

Starlight pleaded, “They could get hurt and they’re our friends! Surely they will need somepony to look out after them."

"You could get hurt too, darling!" Rarity exclaimed.

Amber said, “That is why I will accompany Starlight for that purpose. It is too dangerous to go out there alone.”

"If Sunburst asks, tell him that me and Amber went to go find Twilight and Rainius," Starlight asked of her friends.

"Will do," Replied Applejack.

Amber and Starlight went out to look for Twilight, and Rainius.

Back with Sunburst and Apple Winesap.

"Ah, love is such a beautiful thing," Apple Winesap began. "Asking the one you love to wed you can be difficult, yes, but I believe she will accept. You've just got to let down your guard, Sunburst."

Sunburst replied, “Let down my guard?”

"You feel what you feel. And those feelings are real," Apple Winesap said. "Don't be worried about what she'll say."

"But what if she says no?" Sunburst asked.

Apple Winesap replied, “Then you can’t say you didn't try. But, I am certain for sure she will say yes because I can see that in her eyes when you and her are together… That’s a sure sign of true love.”

Sunburst thought for a second, “I guess you are right,” He replied, with hope in his tone.

Apple Winesap nodded his head. “It will be the best choice you’ll ever make, Sunburst. Just don’t worry and go with your heart.” He told him.

Sunburst said, “I will. Thank you.” Sunburst went off to go look for Starlight, but when he got back he had seen her to be gone. "Um, where did Starlight go?"

Applejack responded. "She left to go look for Twilight and Rainius, along with Amber."

Sunburst said, “Which way did they take off?”

"That way," Applejack answered, pointing her hoof towards north of their current location.

Sunburst looked ahead. “Then we would need to follow to make sure they don’t get hurt.” He started to trot off to follow tracks, he looked back. “Anypony coming along?”

Apple Winesap stood beside Sunburst, “I think it’s better off we all go. It is not safe so much

to let one pony go alone there,” He said.

Applejack said, “Agreed! Come on y’all.” As the mane five got up and went out to follow Sunburst and Apple Winesap, to go and find the others.

Meanwhile, Starlight and Amber are walking in the forest. Starlight asked, “How much farther are they?”

Amber replied. "I'm not sure. We just gotta keep going till we find them. Which I think shouldn't be much further."

Starlight heard a snap like twigs but not the kind is small enough to be a stick. She looked around. “Did you hear that?” She turned to Amber.

"Of course I heard that!" Amber said. "But where it came from I am unsure of."

Starlight replied, “It sounds near…” She then heard a much lower growl. She recognized it was a timberwolf growl. But the growl is much lower than the normal timberwolf she knows. “It sounds almost like a timberwolf.”

Amber said, “It is, but...” Before she can reply, A pack of Timberwolves but larger than the normal timberwolves from the Everfree forest that Starlight are used to.

"It's huge!!" Starlight shouted.

"And hungry," Amber said, worried. "We're surrounded!"

They came closer, surrounding both Starlight and Amber.

Starlight exclaimed, “What are we going to do?!”

Amber stared into the beasts jaws of doom, sweat rolling down her face. "I… I DON'T KNOW!!" She screamed at the lilac unicorn.

Starlight and Amber started to scream for help, when the pack got very close to them, opening their jaws, ready to eat them.

Back at the village. "What was that?!" Sunburst asked.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it's not good," Replied Apple Winesap.

“We probably need to see where it’s coming from!!” Pinkie said, feeling her tail twitch.

Apple Winesap nodded, as he led with the others, to where he saw the pack and he saw both Starlight and Amber crying for help. “Down there!!” He said.

Sunburst exclaimed, “There are timberwolves down there. They're in trouble!”

Rainbow Dash yelled, “How?! They are big and hungry...How are we going to take them down?!”

Sunburst looked at Starlight, “Then we would need all us to play our part to take them down with our best abilities,” He said.

Sunburst lit up his horn, levitating a stone near him. He uses the magic force throwing the stone and hitting the timberwolf near Starlight.

The timberwolves turned growling at the others plus Sunburst.

“Sunburst!” Yelled Starlight.

"Starlight!" Sunburst yelled back. "Don't worry! We'll save you!!" And with that, Sunburst and the others went down there and fought off the timberwolves with magic and brute force. The timberwolves run away, leaving them alone. Sunburst runs to Starlight. "Are you alright?! Are you hurt?!"

"I'm fine, babe," She answered. "Amber?"

"No cuts or bruises here," Amber replied. "Thank you for saving us, although I'm usually the one who does the saving," She said, in a cocky tone. "Now, let's go find the Princess of yours." They got up and continued on their way, unaware of the danger that was ahead.