• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 2,673 Views, 85 Comments

Lost Apples - mageli7



Applejack has always lived in Manehattan, and for a week she goes to visit her family in Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 85
 2,673

The Party and Greetings

Applejack stood at the entrance to Sugarcube Corner, should she go in? I mean, it was her party, or at least a party for her, so she should right? Applejack stepped back a bit and was about to walk back to the farm until she heard a familiar voice.

"Hey AJ! Come on in, the party's just getting started!" Rainbow Dash called from inside the shop.

"H-huh? Oh, hello, Dash," Applejack said as she stepped into the store.

"Mannn, this party is awesome! Oh crud, I gotta introduce you to everypony!" Dash said laughing.

Dash grabbed her by the hoof and pulled her along, stopping in front of two unicorns talking.

"Hey, Rar, Twi, this is Applejack. She's the new pony!" Dash announced.

Twilight spoke first, "Oh you're Applejack, of Sweet Apple Acres I'm guessing?"

Applejack nodded as Twilight spoke again, "That's great! I'm going to need to talk to you later since the Summer Sun Celebration is in five days and Celestia is coming!"

Rarity smiled and turned to Applejack, "Oh yes this will be the first time Celestia is coming to Ponyville, how fun! Darling, where are you from?"

"M-Manehattan..." Applejack replied quietly.

Rarity gasped, "Manehattan? Oh my! You simply MUST tell me what all the ponies wear there! Are there dresses, too formal? Suits for the stallions? I need to extend my new lines of clothing out there and this will be great a-"

As Rarity went on about clothing Twilight spoke to Applejack again, "Did you just move here?"

"Uhm, yes, I was born in Ponyville but left at a young age... I wanted to go to the big city..." Applejack said.

"I lived in Canterlot myself, and while the city was nice the ponies sure weren't..." Twilight sighed, "But anyways, great to meet you!"

"You two, ya can come over to Sweet Apple Acres at anytime," Applejack said smiling.

"-And I can get more money from the selling of dresses and suits!" Rarity finished.

Applejack smiled at the two before being pulled away by Dash.

"Okay, I gotta introduce you to everypony! That over there is Derpy!" Rainbow Dash said, pointing to a grey pegasus mare who was somehow flying upside down.

"Hey, Dash, oh hey, new pony! Here, have a muffin," Derpy said giving Applejack a muffin, which had appeared out of nowhere onto her hoof.

Applejack took the muffin, "Uh.. Heh, thanks Derpy."

Derpy looked down, "Actually my name is-," she looked back up to see Dash had pulled Applejack along to the next pony, "-Ditzy..."

They got to a purple-ish mare who was drinking a mug of cider, laughing.

"This is-" Dash began.

"I'm Berry Punchsh! Nice to meetchaaa!" The mare giggled. A blue unicorn appeared behind her and out a goof on Berry's shoulder.

"Berry, honey, maybe you should cool it on the cider..." the unicorn said quietly.

"C-Colgate? Ohhhh hayyyy baby!" Berry Punch cried, turning around and hugging her marefriend.

"Berry, mayyyyybe we should go..." Colgate sighed.

"W-what? The parties juuuust getting starttted!" Berry slurred, smiling she walked forward a few steps before falling down and passing out.

Dash laughed and pulled Applejack some more, "Yeppp, Berry's a real character..."

-------

After meeting everypony, Applejack began to loosen up a bit. She enjoyed herself by dancing and occasionally talking to other ponies at the party.

"Aw cmon AJ! Lighten up and drink some cider!" Dash said, having already drank 3 cups of the beverage herself.

"Ah... Ah guess I could try some..." Applejack said picking up a mug.

"That's the spirit! Dash said patting her friend's back.

Applejack looked in to the mug, "It's just one drink Applejack, it wont hurt you..." she said to herself. Applejack smiled and downed the drink quickly.

-------

Applejack laughed and ran over to Rarity and Twilight for the fourth time.

"H-hey! How yaaa both doing?" Applejack said, slurring slightly. She had already had 5 mugs of cider and didn't seem to be stopping soon.

"Just as good as the last time you visited us darling," Rarity said, trying not to laugh. Applejack apparently wasn't very good at drinking cider.

Dash flew over to the three, "Appplejack, you are a party animal! I mean, those dance moves!"

Applejack laughed and smiled at Dash, "Hey Dash... How do you get your mane alll... Colors..."

Dash laughed, "I was born with this mane! Askkk my mother for proof!"

Twilight looked over to Rarity giggling, "They're both drunk of their flanks," she whispered.

Rarity snickered and whispered back, "Might as well have fun with this."

Rarity smiled sweetly at Applejack, "Applejack, darling, do you think you could go get Fluttershy over here? I haven't seen her yet and I was just dying to see her again at this party."

Applejack smiled, proud that she had been chosen for this task, "Why of course Rar, Ah'd love to."

Applejack ran off smiling, "Flutttttttershy! Flutttttttttttttttershyyyyyyyyyyy!" she called.

She bumped into Pinkie, "Oh, hey Pinkie!" she yelled.

Pinkie grinned, "Are you enjoying the party?"

"Yep! You guys have really goood cider... And friends, everypony is really nice!"

"Yaaa, ponies here are pretty nice, except for the occasionally Cranky Doodle Donkey."

"The what now?" Applejack asked, unsure of what Pinkie had said.

"Oh rigggght! We aren't in that episode yet, heh, sorry. But, do you think that sometime you could carry me on your back while I'm singing a song?" Pinkie replied cheerfully.

"Ah, um, sure?" Applejack said as she walked off to find Fluttershy.

Applejack finally spotted the shy pegasus talking to Big Macintosh.

"Big Mac? H-how did ya get here?" Applejack asked, unable to remember that Mac had walked WITH her to Sugarcube Corner and had walked inside while she stayed behind.

Fluttershy jumped and squeaked when Applejack started talking, "Oh um, hello Applejack," she said quietly.

Applejack saw Fluttershy and smiled, "Fluttershy! Rarity! S-she needs to see ya!"

"O-oh, is something wrong with her?" Fluttershy asked with concern.

"No idea! But we gotta go, so onwards! TO VICTORY!" Applejack cheered, she then fell forward and fell asleep.

Big Macintosh looked down at his sister, he put her onto his back carefully and sighed.

Fluttershy smiled gently, "Taking her home?" she asked.

"Eeeeyup," Big Mac replied walking out of Sugarcuber Corner. Yep, AJ was an Apple alright... Getting drunk at her welcome party. Big Macintosh blushed thinking of what had happened to him at one of Pinkie's parties and kept on walking.