• Published 27th Aug 2012
  • 2,673 Views, 85 Comments

Lost Apples - mageli7



Applejack has always lived in Manehattan, and for a week she goes to visit her family in Ponyville.

  • ...
3
 85
 2,673

Going Home

Applejack woke up the next day with eyes puffy and red from crying. It had been a mix of happiness and sorrow, happiness from the fact that her family still loved her and she knew that deep down, and sorrow from knowing that she would have to leave Aunt and Uncle Orange.

Applejack walked down the stairs quietly and sat down at the table eating her small piece of toast, it was always the same routine: wake up, eat, go upstairs, get dressed, come back downstairs, eat lunch, sit around and wait for dinner, and sleep. It was just so boring for Applejack, she found it pointless to have to do this all day.

Aunt Orange soon arrived and sat down at the table next to Applejack and gave her a comforting hug, the hug wanted to make Applejack cry again, start sobbing into her aunt's arms, but instead Applejack bit her lip and held back the tears.

"Applejack... Your uncle and I have been talking and maybe you should visit Ponyville again, we know how much you miss them and they miss you too," Aunt Orange said gently.

Applejack nodded slightly and looked down at the floor, "When am I going?" she asked.

"We were thinking two weeks from now," Aunt Orange replied, "you can pack up whenever and we can schedule it earlier if you'd like..."

"I um..." Applejack paused for a moment thinking, "That's great Aunt Orange, thank you."

Uncle Orange walked in a small frown on his face, he sighed looking at Applejack, "I... I know you miss them, it's just that we love you Applejack and hope you know that..."

Applejack nodded and bit her lip harder trying to to cry. She loved her aunt and uncle, they had been so kind to her over the years and she would miss them, but she knew she would have to go back, she had always known.

--------------


Applejack sat on her bed looking up at the ceiling, she had gotten done packing the day before and tomorrow she would go back to Ponyville.

Applejack sat up and looked around, she would miss this room, it had been her home for so many years. She remembered one day in particular.

It was Applejack's third day in Manehattan. She walked to school smiling, her Aunt Orange had bought her new clothes for the school year and she was ready for anything the teachers had to throw at her. She smiled at the birds chirping and flying through the air.

Applejack looked around before messing up her mane and pulling out her hat, setting it gently on her head. Who said she couldn't wear it? She also put her mane and tail into ponytails smiling. She walked forward noticing the school and smiled brighter.

Just then two fillies stepped in front of her. Applejack's eyes widened and she stepped back, she had never been good at introducing herself, she hadn't been able to learn much from her brother and her granny Smith hadn't ever told her.

"Hiya!" the first filly said grinning, she was a unicorn with a dark brown mane and a white body, the other filly smiled at Applejack, she looked almost exactly like the other just with wings and no horn.

Applejack blushed and smiled gently, "Hi... Ah'm Applejack," she said quietly.

"Nice to meet ya Applejack! I'm Blossom and this is my sister Rosy!" Blossom said still smiling.

"I like your hat..." Rosy said blushing and hiding behind her sister.

"Ah... I, thank you," Applejack said smiling.

"So are ya new here? I haven't seen you before!" Blossom said excitedly, bouncing around Applejack.

"I'm from Ponyville..." Applejack replied trying to wipe the blush off her face.

Blossom gasped and smiled more, "Ooooh! You aren't from here! We can be P.F.F.s!" Blossom said.

"I thought I was your P.F.F..." Rosy said quietly and sighed when nopony heard her.

Applejack had a great first day of school and invited her new friends over where they played in Aj's room.

Applejack sighed and blinked back tears thinking of her friends, Blossom had started crying while Rosy made a straight face and bit her lip when Aj had told them she was leaving to go back to Ponyville. They had all become best friends in this room and had made a pact that they would always be friends no matter what. Even if one was leaving...

--------------

Applejack looked at her train ticket then squinted at the board that listed all the trains heading in and out of the station, she soon found the train and looked at it carefully. The train looked odd to say the least, instead of being a straight color each part was painted a different color and looked a bit like a cupcake, it had changed since Applejack had been on the train from Ponyville to Manehattan, a lot.

Applejack stepped on the train and sat down, she looked down at her hooves the whole time and sighed, this would be a long trip.

--------------

After about two hours of riding on a train Applejack stepped off and onto the platform below her, she sighed, smiled, and walked forward getting only an inch in before getting swept up in a large hug.

"Applejack! Y'all are back!" Big Macintosh said hugging his sister.

"Big Mac, I am so glad to see you again!" Applejack said, not able to get rid of her Manehattan accent.

"Why, you little pony, come give your ol' Granny Smith a hug!" Applejack's grandmother said as she pulled her granddaughter in for a large hug.

Applejack smiled and hugged Granny Smith before being interrupted by a voice.

"Applejack? Ah like your name! Ah finally have a big sister!" a little filly cried jumping around the three, she had a large pink bow in her red mane and her coat was a light yellow.

"Hello Applebloom," Applejack said smiling at her little sister who was still jumping.

Applebloom stopped, "Ya know mah name?"

"Of course I do, I'm your big sister after all," Applejack said hugging her sister.

Granny Smith smiled at Applejack and wiped a tear from her eye while Big Mac just watched the two sisters hug, the little filly they had known had become a mare and now had her cutie mark. The two were surprised about what it was, three apples, the mark of the Apple family... She was finally home.