• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 1,353 Views, 134 Comments

The Dark Knight Triumphs - TheClownPrinceofCrime



A critical incident prevents the Mane Six from standing up against a new threat. Will the Batman return to save Equestria or leave it to its destruction?

  • ...
2
 134
 1,353

Chapter 1: Bruce’s New Life

IN FLORENCE, ITALY


The whole city was peaceful and quite as it was around nighttime. The full moon was shining brightly in the clear sky along with the stars, adding more serenity to the atmosphere. During that night, a car entered through the driveway of a wonderful home in the local area. Bruce Wayne stepped out of the car.

“That was quite a refreshing dinner. I might even go there again.” Bruce said, opening the passenger door for his wife.

“Refreshing? You mean decent...but I do agree we could go there once in a while.” she said, exiting the passenger seat.

“I’m surprised this city has better restaurants than what Gotham ever had. No wonder Alfred visits here.” Bruce added.

“I guess that’s another crime Gotham is known for: serving poor food that could generate more criminals.” Selina joked.

“I bet that’s the actual case.” Bruce chuckled. They locked the car before they entered inside their mansion. “Ahhh, home sweet home.”

“It’s been a long day, isn’t it?” Selina asked.

“Indeed. Actually, you want to watch a movie before we head to bed? We haven’t watched movies in a while.” Bruce suggested, locking the front door.

“Perhaps. Which movie you have in mind?” Selina asked, taking her coat and high heels off.

“Maybe Transformers, Enemy of the State, or even The Lion King?” Bruce listed.

“Transformers? I didn’t know you are a fan of that franchise.” said Selina.

“I was always impressed with the concept of giant alien robots in a war with each other—Autobots, Decepticons—just very fascinating. And to think about it, if they only existed in our reality, I’m quite sure Optimus Prime would have done something for Gotham.” Bruce said, taking his blazer and shoes off.

“Very interesting. Do you think maybe cartoons exist outside of our dimension, Bruce?” asked Selina.

This slightly surprised Bruce as she asked him that; thus, his memory of his adventures with Twilight and her friends ignited. “Well...it depends on how you view life. W-why do you ask?” he stuttered.

“Well, the very thought of a multiverse existing outside of our world just piqued my curiosity, Bruce. If our universe isn’t the only one existing, that would be so...intriguing.” Selina wondered.

“You actually believe that?” Bruce asked. Selina then made a smirk which made him raise his eyebrow.

“You think I don’t know what you’ve been through? Come, we’ll talk more about it upstairs.” Selina said, walking upstairs to their bedroom. Bruce unknotted his tie and hanged his blazer in the closet. He went upstairs to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Once he finished, Selina brushed her teeth as well.

Entering the bedroom, they took off their professional clothing and lay next to each other in bed. “If I’ve heard correctly from Commissioner Gordon, you have your...friends from another dimension, yes?” she smirked.

“You actually know that?” Bruce asked.

“You should know that your wife doesn’t hide under a rock.” she chuckled. “Besides, I even saw some of those...ponies that have been flying and running around in Gotham. I would have never known that one day the great Bruce Wayne would familiarize himself with animated horses.”

“Actually, the Batman hung out with them the most. They barely saw Bruce Wayne even though most of them know his secret identity.” Bruce clarified.

“I see. Still, at least they associated themselves with two of those people. It really makes me wonder: why he would separate himself from them for three years? I mean, look at everything you guys have done together.” Selina reminded.

“Look, Selina, what we went through together was memorable...I’ll admit it. But their time with the Batman is now past. It’s over. Like what you said before, he has given people everything. Bane is gone, Equestria is at peace, and so is Gotham.” Bruce stressed.

“But have you ever thought about seeing them again? Have you ever thought of how much they miss you? I’ve never been to their...’Equestria’, but I can imagine them just talking about you every day of their lives.” Selina stated, embracing her husband.

“I have. I have.” Bruce replied, kissing his wife’s arm. “I told them that they’ll see me again, but not the Batman. Batman has served his purpose. Blake is now taking the mantle in Gotham.”

“I know it’s been a long time since Gotham was saved from its ultimate threat, but have you ever thought about the Dark Knight rising from the dead once more if something horrible ever happened to the ponies?” Selina asked.

Bruce was silent for a few seconds before he looked up to her again. “No, I haven’t. But I’m sure my friends are doing well. However, if something bad were to happen, they’ll expect to receive my help, not Batman’s.”

“If so, just hope that you won’t encounter another Bane.” Selina smiled.

“Well, I cannot afford for a second round of my back getting broken, now can I?” Bruce smiled back. They both chuckled together before they kissed.

Breaking from the kiss, they lay their heads on the pillows. “What are the names of your friends, honey?” Selina asked.

“Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Spike.” Bruce named.

“Did you know that they are the main characters of the show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?” Selina asked.

“I’ve heard about it, but had I watched the show earlier in my life, I would’ve known their names and their personalities since the day I met them for the first time. I never knew that they were from a show. I thought that they were just from a random cartoon universe.” Bruce explained. “Nonetheless, I must confess that I’m happy that I’ve met them. It’s better to actually meet them in person than to just watch them on television.”

“You must feel really lucky, Bruce. I bet every brony in the world is jealous of you now.” Selina smirked.

“Well, I’m not the only man in the world who has seen them. All of Gotham has too.” Bruce said.

“If they know that, they’ll run to Gotham to get answers to satisfy their wildest dreams.” Selina said, putting her arms around Bruce’s chest.

“Probably. As long as they don’t run to ally ways, they’ll be fine. But it’s best to keep the rest of the earth in the dark about it. I’m proud to know that Gotham never broadcasted their knowledge of the pony world.” Bruce said.

“(Sigh) You love secrets too much, Bruce.” Selina frowned.

“Heh, old habits, die hard.” he smirked.