• Published 14th Mar 2020
  • 1,353 Views, 134 Comments

The Dark Knight Triumphs - TheClownPrinceofCrime



A critical incident prevents the Mane Six from standing up against a new threat. Will the Batman return to save Equestria or leave it to its destruction?

  • ...
2
 134
 1,353

Prologue: No Survivors

INTRO

Pieces of rock were all over the stony ground. Suddenly, purple and yellow rays encircled them and levitated them up high. They reconstructed the rocks into the Bat insignia before the symbol was filled with light, expelling the darkness.

INTRO ENDED


A desert was under the hot blazing sun early in the afternoon. There were little signs of life in the barren wasteland. Gusts of wind blew on the cacti and the sandy hills. Birds of prey were flying above in search for any signs of food. Disappointed with the empty results, they all flew away. Nothing significant happened in the wilderness...until now.

A bipedal creature was lying on the sand, fully dressed with some armor on his belly and had a menacing mask over his mouth. He made no movement as he lay there with eyes closed. Three minutes later, he suddenly opened his eyes. He groaned in slight pain as he got up on his feet and beheld the strange environment he was in.

“Where...am I?” he thought out loud. “Am I dead? Is...this the afterlife?”

He vividly remembered his last moments on earth, particularly in Gotham City. He remembered the most crucial role he played in taking over Gotham and corrupting it with his ideology. He thought back on his archenemy Batman whom he physically broke and throwing him in the same prison where he was born in. That was truly a moment of triumph in his life.

“My life—I must say that it was spent well and was worth it.” he proudly recalled. “Can it be possible that Gotham is actually destroyed? I don’t know who it was that killed me, but I deeply regret not seeing that decadent city turn to ashes. If that is the case, then I, Bane, have truly fulfilled Ra’s Al Ghul’s destiny.”

Bane looked around and noticed that he was in a desert—a cartoony desert of course. Confused, he scratched his neck. “Who brought me here? How did I get here? Am I even alive?” he asked.

He touched his own clothes and skin. Once he finished searching for any sign of an injury, he realized that he was truly alive. “Hmm, either it was my armor that saved me, or someone transported me here to save me from death.” he concluded.

Suddenly, loud buzzes were heard above. Once he looked up, he saw a swarm of black insects descending from the sky. Instinctively, he ran for cover and hid behind a tall cactus. He peeked behind its branch to see who these creatures were and what they were up to.

The insects appeared as black and cheese-legged with blue eyes, lacking pupils. Then another insect appeared in front of the swarm; it was the tallest one out of the swarm with a long, transparent, green mane covering its whole neck, with bright green eyes with bright purple iris and black pupils; its horn was long and crooked. Its hole-covered wings were large.

“Guards, bring the captives forward!” it authoritatively commanded. Bane recognized its voice as masculine.

Two insects with purple armor brought two captives forward. The first one was a large creature with spider legs and crab claws; it had a long muscular neck with a bald head; his eyes were red with vertical pupils, and it had sharp teeth. The second captive was just a cloaked figure.

“We must hurry! Queen Chrysalis is waiting! Let’s move!” the tall insect commanded. They marched forward with their captives in front of them.

Bane was intrigued and curious of what they were up to, especially the cloaked figure. “Hmm, interesting. I wonder what these...animated characters are up to. Ha, never thought I would ever end up in a cartoon world.” he chuckled. He quietly followed them without getting caught.

After about fifteen minutes of wandering, the army finally arrived at their home, a large tower-like hive. “This way!” the tall insect ordered. They went down the hill as they entered their kingdom.

Bane stopped behind a bush where he saw them go down. “Ahh, so that is where those insects live. Hmmm, I cannot enter there with their guards watching everything. But I can watch them with this.” he whispered, pulling out his binoculars.


WITHIN THE THRONE ROOM


The tall insect with several guards brought the captives before a taller insect, sitting on the throne. It was draining the love energy from a pony who was cocooned. Once it finished its meal, it turned to the assembled guards and captives. “Ahhh, I see you have accomplished your mission, Captain Clavicle!” it commended with a feminine voice.

“Your wish is my will, dear Queen.” Clavicle bowed.

Chrysalis flew out of her throne and stood before the captives. She glared especially at the crab monster. “Well, well, well, if it isn’t the great Clawbreak, King Vorak’s most ‘trusted’ advisor!”

“Queen Chrysalis, you’re uglier then I expected.” Clawbreak grinned.

“SILENCE, FOOL!” she angrily snapped. “My spies reported you two sneaking around in my territory! Additionally, I heard you also helped an infamous prisoner escape from Tartarus. The prisoner by the name of...Lord Tirek.”

“It is as you say.” Clawbreak admitted. The cloaked figure remained silent, making the guards slightly suspicious.

“Then please do tell...” Chrysalis drew nearer to Clawbreak’s face. “What is he planning to do? Where is he?”

Clawbreak said nothing. Irritated, Chrysalis levitated him off the ground and pressed his face against a cocooned unicorn. “You see this poor unicorn, Clawbreak? I just drained her of her love. I must admit, it was so delicious! Your silence will only make your fate similar to hers.” Chrysalis threatened.

Clawbreak grew an amused smile and slightly chuckled. This made Chrysalis even more angry and frustrated. She threw him on the ground and pinned him there. “THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING, CLAWBREAK!!” she screamed. “What is Lord Tirek planning to do?! Where is he?!” She failed to notice Captain Clavicle deviously smiling. Clawbreak still held his peace.

“A lot of loyalty for a magic eater!” Chrysalis yelled. “No matter! I’ll make you talk by devouring your love! I’ll enjoy your screams of mercy!” Before she could open her mouth, a new voice took her by surprise.

“One has to wonder why a Changeling Queen would drain his emotions that could prevent him from screaming in agony.” the raspy, aged voice spoke.

Chrysalis turned around to see the cloaked creature slowly approaching her. She chuckled as she faced him. “Well, well, at least you can talk. Very wise choice. Who are you exactly?” Chrysalis asked.

“It doesn’t matter who I am. What matters is our plan.” the creature coldly responded. “Besides, not one of my kind from my home cared who I was until I began absorbing magic.”

“Really now? If I absorbed your love, would you still have that ability like Lord Tirek does?” Chrysalis taunted.

“It would be extremely painful—.” the figure spoke.

“HA! You’re a tough creature!” Chrysalis interjected.

“—for you.” the creature menacingly finished.

Bane so far was still intrigued as he saw their interactions within the hive although he couldn’t hear their conversation, being that far away. He somehow felt something dramatic was going to happen as he watched the gestures of the disguised being. “I wonder what that creature actually looks like without that cloak.” he said, still watching with his binoculars.

He didn’t notice another army flying above the hive until he spotted their shadows on the sand. He looked up and saw an army of gargoyles surrounding the hive and diving down on the guards outside. Bane witnessed them quietly slaughtering the changeling bodyguards with their claws and throwing their bodies away. “My, my, this is going to be more interesting.” he thought.

“Was getting caught a part of your plan?” Chrysalis asked.

“Of course!” the hidden being replied. Clawbreak got back on his spider legs with a growing smirk on his face.

“Well, congratulations, fool! You got yourself caught!” Chrysalis mocked. The ceiling of the hive then started to rumble, alerting the assembled guards except her.

“Umm, my Queen?” a changeling guard asked, worried.

“So, then, what is the next step of your masterplan?” Chrysalis mocked.

The creature darkly chuckled which sent the changelings chills to their spines. “Destroying this hive...WITH NO SURVIVORS!!” he shouted, revealing himself before the changelings. They gasped in shock as they beheld the skinny old centaur himself.

“LORD TIREK!! IT’S YOU!!” Chrysalis cried. Suddenly, Clavicle shot green beams of magic at Tirek’s and Clawbreak’s chains, freeing them.

“CLAVICLE?! What are you doing?!” Chrysalis demanded.

“Sorry, Chrysalis, but my allegiance is for Lord Tirek!” Clavicle proudly declared.

At that moment, a wall exploded which revealed the armed gargoyles. They ran toward the throne where they injected an artifact on the throne’s back. There, it began to drain its life force and power. Chrysalis witnessed their work in shock. “NOOO!! That is what’s keeping magic at bay!! Guards, destroy them!” she commanded.

However, the other gargoyles immediately attacked all the changelings within the hive, initiating the massacre. One gargoyle grabbed a changeling and stabbed it with a dagger. Another one beheaded a changeling who was fleeing away from him in desperation. Two more gargoyles seized several changelings, sliced off their legs, gauged their eyes out, and ate their bodies alive. The rest of the attackers shot, blasted, and eviscerated the helpless changelings throughout the whole hive.

As Chrysalis was distracted by seeing the violent onslaught of Tirek’s forces and the slaughter of her beloved children—which made tears flow from her eyes—Tirek punched her in the face and kicked her against her depowered throne. Her hard impact caused it to shatter in pieces.

Tirek drew near to her, opened his mouth, and drained her of her magic. Once he finished, he magically grew to the second form of his stature. He saw himself with more muscle, redder skin, bigger horns, and no longer hunched. “What’s the matter, Chrysalis? Too tired to face a mighty centaur of greater power?” he taunted, flexing his biceps.

She weakly looked up to Clavicle who was wickedly chuckling. “Why...why are you doing this? You are my most faithful captain...” she asked.

“Your rules and directions were pathetic and useless...just like you and your worthless army. Lord Tirek offered me an intriguing deal: more magic and power which I always sought after since I was little. But you never gave me a chance since you cared only for yourself.” Clavicle said, glaring her down.

“No...they are not useless...I always cared for my children...even you...please...have mercy...” she sobbed, failing to stand on her hole-covered hooves.

“Too late.” Clavicle said, draining her of her love. Clawbreak then decapitated four guards with his claws. Tirek stomped his front hooves on Chrysalis’s back and swiftly pulled her neck backwards, snapping her spinal cord.

“Gargoyles, ASSEMBLE!!” Tirek commanded.

They finished slaughtering their changeling victims and assembled before their centaur leader as he commanded them. Clavicle and Clawbreak stood side by side with Tirek. “It appears that the fire has begun, master!” Clawbreak said.

“Indeed, Clawbreak. The fire rises!” said Tirek.

“The artifact is set to detonate, my lord.” one of the gargoyles mentioned. “Where do we go from here?”

“We have much else to plan, my friend. Once everything is established, we will commence our conquest of Equestria. Everypony’s magic will be ours for the taking, and the princesses will not stop us...not even me!” Tirek announced. They shouted in agreement as they were eager to begin their conquest of Equestria.

Tirek levitated the love-drained unicorn via telekinesis to him. He drained her of her magic while holding her by the throat. “I sure hope the princesses will not discover our plans while we’re at it!” another gargoyle worried.

“Now is not the time for fear, young warrior. That comes later!” Tirek said, throwing the pony down to the carnage-filled room. They all jumped down from the peek of the hive until they flew off to the sky with Tirek and Clawbreak riding on winged chariots that their army provided.

Minutes later, the whole hive exploded. The remaining survivors, wounded changelings and the powerless unicorn, all died in the explosion. Bane witnessed it from afar. “My impressions of that powerful centaur were true. These interesting creatures must be up to something. If I can relive my role as the reckoning of any city in this...strange world...I’m all for it.” Bane said, smiling under his mask.

Author's Note:

There you have it, guys! Hello once more and thanks for joining me. I hope you all got a good gist of what will come in this story as the concluding part of this series. Stay tuned for the next chapter and have fun reading!