• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 337 Views, 3 Comments

Not Surprising - n3k1dsk1llz

  • ...
0
 3
 337

The Glow of Joy

She had a way of making you follow her. I really didn't want to, though. I wanted to go home, relax with a good book, maybe a snack, and then go to bed. It was a perfect ending to a pretty good day, but Pinkie Pie wouldn't let it happen.

She kept encouraging me forward, telling me we were almost there. I couldn't help but smile at her energy despite my mild annoyance. Then suddenly her face was pressed right up against mine.

She asked if I was ready. I guess I wasn't so annoyed that the walk was super long. A simple nod was all she needed to bolt through the door behind her. She called for me and I followed her in, but spun around in shock as she slammed the door behind me. She was grinning ear to ear as she reached over and turned off the lights.

The darkness was unnatural. It was pitch black. I couldn't see anything and I was about to protest, but then I saw it. It was faint at first, but slowly grew brighter until the room was as bright as a full moon night.

The walls were glowing with color. Stripes and swirls. Dots and stars of all colors scattered across the walls. Then my eyes landed on the pony that brought me here. She was also covered in color. Swirls, stars, and hearts. Even her cutie mark was glowing. But somehow in all of this, here eyes were brightest of all.

She was beautiful.

Author's Note:

So I got this idea from a piece of art I saw. This story was instantly complete in my head.
You can see that art here:
https://twitter.com/Darksly_z/status/1651416464551714816?t=sgNxwxsCujrlJ5vQr9xBxQ&s=19

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment