• Published 14th Aug 2019
  • 337 Views, 3 Comments

Not Surprising - n3k1dsk1llz

  • ...
0
 3
 337

Touch of Magic

"Hey Sunny! Come on in!" Izzy stepped aside and let her friend into the cottage. Sunny looked around at the new unicycling projects and Izzy got to work.

While Sunny was turning the crank for the new music cylinder, Izzy unfastened the clasp. As Sunny marvelled at the new moving pony sculpture waving at her, Izzy released the strap.

Sunny turned to face Izzy. "So what have you--" She was cut off by her bag being lifted off her shoulder and over her head. Izzy lifted the bag up into the air with a big smile across her face.

"Izzy! Oh my gosh! I didn't even feel anything." Sunny's wide eyes were glued to her bag hanging up in the air. Her smile grew even more as Izzy began bringing other things to hover in the air around her bag. Some cans and a barrel. A bucket and some string.

The items began tracing a lazy figure eight through the straps of the bag. Sunny, completely mesmerized by the sight, remained completely unaware of her surroundings while she what's her friend's amazing display. She didn't notice that Izzy wasn't across the room from her anymore or that a certain flower had appeared beside her.

Sunny gasped as the items in the air began to take very specific positions around her bag. Soon, the items were arranged into the vague shape of a pony. An orange pony with a purple mane. Sunny was about to say something when the pony in the air began to move. It walked through the air carrying Sunny's bag around the room. Sunny followed it with her eyes and burst out laughing when she figured it out. "Oh my gosh! Ha ha Izzy, is that me?"

The floating homunculus stopped in the air and slowly fell down into a pile behind Izzy. Izzy's horn was throbbing and she could feel the sweat dripping down her face and neck, but the giant smile on Sunny's face was totally worth it. Sunny's eyes landed on hers as the pile fell behind her and Izzy couldn't help but smile her biggest smile back. She pressed a button and the flower between them started spinning.

It opened up, revealing two tea cups with a kettle in the middle. Sunny's smile dropped as a cup settled to a stop in front of her. "I kind of stomped all over your heart last time this was out, didn't I?"

Izzy nodded. "You did. You were so focused on getting those crystals. It was important, though. And I'm glad you were able to make that call. I was hurt but I understood. Plus we still got to do makeovers!" She clapped her hooves and giggled.

"HaHaHa you're totally right. Those were fun makeovers." Sunny relaxed and took a sip of her tea. "This is good tea. Probably should be one of the first exports of Bridlewood."

Izzy chuckled. "And I know what the first export from Maretime Bay should be."

"What's that?"

Izzy lit up her horn and reached out with her magic to grab something from the cupboard. She then slowly and lazily hovered a can of beans around in front of Sunny. "These."

Sunny laughed until she collapsed on the floor where Izzy joined her in her mirth.

Author's Note:

This was a gift for the wonderful WaywardSon