• Published 28th Aug 2019
  • 1,031 Views, 18 Comments

The anniversary of Harmony - S Olin S



20 years after Twilight and her friends defeated Nightmare Moon, their kids have been tasked with planning the anniversary.

  • ...
0
 18
 1,031

No, not like that. Like this.

Ponyville Town Hall

Star walked back into the town hall, thinking about potential solutions for the problem at hand.
They still had until the beginning of the next day to fix everything. Hopefully, that would be exactly what happened.
"Alright everypony, I can tell that things aren't going as planned at all," She said.

"Really? I couldn't tell," Claire sarcastically remarked, walking over from the stage.

Star shot ger a glare. "...Anyways, as I was saying. I may have some ideas for how we can fix this and get things organized and ready for tonight, so that way it's not a disaster," Star announced.

"Well, I think we would all like to have anything but this," Annie commented.

"Yeah, I can tell. But let's try and put this behind us and get something better together."

"In that case, what did ya have in mind, Star?" Del asked.

Star would have a near-complete revision of the entire setup. The first step was to fix the clashing of theme within the building. Instead of having three separate events look like they're taking place at the same time, it would all try to be close to the original decor.
The apple tablecloth was instead replaced with one covered in stars and the Mare in the Moon.
A wider range of snacks beyond apple was added.
Rather than the birthday party decorations that Candy had put in, she would get dark blue balloons and cover them in white dots. Which would cover the ceiling, making it look like the night sky.
The changes weren't very big, but they sure made a difference.
And finally, after the changes were made, everything looked to be finally like a proper event for the anniversary.


Later that night

It was only an hour or so before sunrise and the anniversary events were to begin at this time, just as they did every year.
Everypony was outside the Town Hall, with Twilight and her friends standing center stage, and Star and hers off to the side, chatting amongst each other.
Twilight was having a speech about the importance of the day to her friends, as well as all of Equestria, but the seven had all heard it before.
Right after the speel was finished, Prism flew off to begin the airshow, which went along exactly as envisioned.

While Prism was cycling through the cutie marks, Twilight gave Star a wink. Maybe she knew this would happen all along.

After the show was over, they reenacted that night's events as best they could, what with them only being written down nine years after they happened and Mayor Mare's recent passing.

As everypony headed out to the Everfree forest, the seven opted to stay behind.
As they ran off, Twilight announced: "Come on everypony!"

But Star and the other stayed behind, thinking "No thanks. I'll spend the rest of the night with my friends."

Author's Note:

I liked the idea that every ten years, the mane six would have an event held for the night when they first used the elements. And I thought that lended itself perfectly to the Kilalaverse. I'll be making more fics like this, 3 act stories that play almost like an episode of the show. I like what Kiala did with the snippets in the comments of many of her pictures, so I expanded on it.
If only she were still interested in the universe she created.

Comments ( 10 )

Good chapter! Is this the end or not?

9811481
Yes, this is the last chapter of The Anniversary of Harmony, but I'm also working on other Kilalaverse stories so there'll be much more Kilalaverse to come!

9812005
Yay! When will it come out? So sorry just desperate for more fan fiction other than my story!

9812031
Oh no worries, we need more Kilalaverse fics.
The story should be out either later today, or tomorrow depending on how quickly I work.

9812151
Great! I’m writing a chapter for my oneshots myself, although it will be Next Next Generation

9812167
Oh man, I haven't seen much NextNext in a while. I'll be looking forward to it!

9812031
I've sent in my next story for approval and it'll probably be released by morning. Enjoy!

9814911
COol! Thanks, will there be STARBOLT in it?

9814917
Well, as you can see now that the story is public, It's about filly Anthea.
I do plan to add all the ships and such once I've introduced all the characters with their own story, though. So Starbolt is on its way!

Login or register to comment