• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,519 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,519

PreviousChapters Next
Train and Gain (Wind Rider)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Wind Rider] [Lightning Dust] [OC]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12
Note: A follow-up of “No Pain, No Drain”

Wind Rider had always prided himself on being the best at everything, no matter what it is or who he had to beat. It was an ambition that some might say bordered on arrogance, but it had served him well throughout his life. Only he could’ve worked his way up from a nopony to the greatest flyer the Wonderbolts had ever known. The records he set would stand for all time, in no small part because anypony who even came close always seemed to end up involved in or accused of “suspicious activity”.

But the pegasus had put that all behind him now. The Wonderbolts were being led by a younger generation, including a rather feisty young captain who seemed eager to prove herself. And one of her first acts had been to convince Wind Rider to retire, a decision that he had ultimately agreed to upon learning of the birth of his granddaughter. And now he was determined to be the best grandfather ever for the little filly.

So it was quite a surprise one day for Wind Rider to be visited by his daughter: Diamond Dust. And by her child: Lightning Dust. In particular, he couldn’t help but notice what was currently clad around the little one’s waist. “So, you finally got around to potty training Lightning?” He said with what sounded more like harsh judgement than praise. “By the time you were her age, Diamond, I already had you fully trained.”

Diamond Dust just replied. “Well, I was right to hold off on the training because Moon Dust got too carried away. Lightning’s first experience with the porcelain throne almost ended with it gobbling up my precious baby. The brave may not fear the grave, but I do fear losing my only child.”

Lightning Dust shuddered, recalling the memory. “So scary. Mommy say I have to wait to wear ‘All Star Underwear’. Diapers safer.”

“It’s quite alright, everpony learns at their own pace,” Diamond encouraged Lightning. “We need to up your challenge level gradually, get you used to taking on bigger things like the throne. We’ll still have you out of diapers by the time you’re old enough for preschool. Then you’ll be just like your mommy.”

Wind Rider was quick to offer. “If it’s just the new fangled throne toilet that’s giving her trouble, you can always just train her the old fashioned way.”

Diamond made a face and rolled her eyes. “Chamber pots are so old school! Nopony bothers with them anymore and nopony makes ‘em either. Everypony knows throne toilets are where it’s at it, only poor ponies think otherwise and even they at least have toilets that flush. Even you have to admit a throne toilet is useful.”

“I only got one installed because your mother wouldn’t stop nagging me about it,” Wind Rider stubbornly insisted. “I never had any trouble with training when it was just chamber pots. I was the first foal in my class to graduate from diapers, and I made sure the same was true for you, Diamond. And if I have to, I’ll see to it that my granddaughter is the same way. You think the Wonderbolts are going to accept those who settle for less than the best?”

Diamond Dust sighed. “I can’t believe you still hold onto your chamber pot, Dad. I know I didn’t bother hanging onto mine when I moved out.”

Wind Rider only replied with a smug grin. “You never know when it might come in handy. Besides, it’s a motivation for me to be the best no matter what. Always has and always will be.” Then he started thinking back to his own experiences with such an object. Back to a time when chamber pots were the rule and not the exception as to how ponies did their business.


“So, Wind,” Mrs. Rider was explaining one fateful day while bringing her son into the bathroom. “From now on, instead of diapers I want you to use your chamber pot. Your father and I picked it out specifically for you. It’s the finest pot in all of Equestria.” And indeed it seemed that the “pot” could easily lay claim to such a fact. It barely looked like a “pot” though, it was elevated off the ground and had a weird handle near the rim. Still, it was lavishly decorated and easily stood out in the otherwise drab bathroom.

Little Wind Rider just looked at the object with uncertainty. He’d started to grow bored of always needing his diapers changed, but he wasn’t sure how this… “pot” was supposed to help. The few pots he’d seen prior had been for preserving flowers, but there was no soil of any sort in this “pot”.

Mrs. Rider seemed to sense her son’s uncertainty as she moved sit him upon the chamber pot and gently coax him. “It’s alright. I don’t expect you to get it right away. I just want you to get used to the idea of sitting upon it. Of course, if you do use it I expect you to come get either your father or I. We’ll help you ‘clean up’ as it were.”

Wind Rider was promptly placed upon the chamber pot and there he sat. And he sat there, and sat there, and sat there but nothing seemed to happen. It felt like an eternity had passed before he was allowed to get up from the pot, feeling rather unsatisfied that nothing had really been done. It wouldn’t be so bad if not for the fact that he knew he’d have to come back to the bathroom whenever he did need to do something.

“We can try again later, Wind,” Mrs. Rider reassured her son as she helped him to stand and then inspected the pot, only to find it empty. “In time, you’ll learn how to tell when you have to go. And who knows? Maybe someday, we’ll be able to afford one of those new ‘toilets’. I hear they’re more efficient than chamber pots, even if they aren’t portable.”

So it was that for little Wind his first attempt at using what grown-ups used to do their business came and went with little fanfare and even less to show for results.

Fortunately for the young colt, his father would be there to give him the encouragement and motivation to keep at it. “So, you’re finally starting potty training, huh, son?” The older pegasus remarked while skimming over the newspaper held in his hooves. “I bet you can hardly wait to be out of diapers and enjoy all the new freedoms. After all, Junior Speedsters is always on the lookout for possible future cadets. And from Junior Speedsters it’s only a hop, skip and a jump to the Wonderbolts, the best of the best that Cloudsdale has to offer.”

“Now dear, you shouldn’t get Wind’s hopes up. Not everypony becomes a Wonderbolt,” Mrs. Rider tried to caution. “I know many fine ponies who never tried out for those stunt fliers, and they’ve lived perfectly good lives.”

“Maybe for lesser ponies, but we don’t settle for less than the best,” Mr. Rider firmly declared. “That’s how we Riders do things. If our son’s ever going to make a name for himself, he needs to learn early on that he has to be willing to do everything it takes to get noticed. You think anypony’s gonna take him seriously if he’s still in diapers long after his peers no longer need them?”

At that, Wind became stricken with fear. He’d already overheard about some other foals who were “pretty far along” in their training. He didn’t want to be the one left behind! Then and there, he raced back to the bathroom and scrambled onto the chamber pot in a clumsy fashion! If he didn’t have to go, he’d just sit there for however long it would take until he did have to go! If that’s what it took to ensure he’d have a shot at whatever future he wanted, that’s what he would do.

The little colt would soon be rewarded for his decision as he heard a faint hissing noise that seemed to echo everywhere. But it wasn’t until he looked down into the pot that he realized where the noise was coming from or what it meant! “I did it!” He loudly cheered, making sure there was no way either of his parents couldn’t hear him! “I gonna be big pony!”

Mr. and Mrs. Rider entered the bathroom a short time later, and when their son showed off his accomplishment to them they were both filled with joy and pride. Mr. Rider in particular gave his son a reassuring pat on the head as he praised him. “Well done, my boy! That’s the kind of can do attitude I like to see! The kind that gets results no matter what! Keep this up, and you’ll be head of the Wonderbolts in no time. I guarantee it.”

Mrs. Rider, meanwhile, wiped her son’s rump clean as she told him. “I think you deserve a reward for using your chamber pot like you’re supposed to. Perhaps it’ll help keep you motivated. After all, they’re the latest development in foal care, or so everypony says.” She then left the bathroom and returned shortly with a green colored package of some kind. Ripping it open, the mare revealed some kind of triangle like object inside that looked kind of like diapers. But these were different somehow, for one thing they were brightly colored and had cartoon ponies printed on them.

Wind Rider looked up. “What those?” He asked.

Mrs. Rider smiled as she unfolded one of the diaper like objects with her wings. “They’re called pull-ups. They’re like diapers, except you can slip them on and off much easier. No more needing to mess with sticky tapes or tabs.” Then she helped her son into the “pull-up”, making sure it was on as tight as it could be.

Mr. Rider smiled. “Aren’t you lucky? You’ll be the first on the block to wear these awesome new things. You’ll be the envy of every potty training foal you meet.”


As the flashback ended, Wind Rider declared to his daughter. “You let me try my luck with little Lightning for a while. You can’t protect her forever, you know.”

“I know,” Diamond Dust declared in reply while nervously looking over to her little filly. “But still...”

Wind Rider sighed. “I promise I’ll be careful if that’ll make you feel better. But I never let anything bad happen to you when I was potty training you, now did I?”

Diamond reluctantly agreed. “No, you didn’t,” And she slowly hoofed her still diapered daughter over to Wind while cooing. “Lightning, Grandpa Wind is gonna take good care of you. Do whatever he tells you to do, okay?”

Lightning eagerly agreed, thrilled to be spending time with her favorite (and only) grandpa. “Okay. Be good for Mama and Grandpa.”

“Excellent!” Wind Rider declared as he then took the liberty of carrying the foal now under his care away, promptly taking her into the “throne room”. “I don’t know what it was that went down when your parents introduced you to the porcelain god, but it’s going to stop here and now! You need to learn how to conquer it like the big pony you’re meant to be!”

Lightning Dust whimpered as she looked up at the all mighty throne. It wasn’t exactly the same one that had almost gobbled her up by the tail (that was one back at her own home and she had stayed as far away from it as possible since), but it was still so unnerving to see it. “No wanna! Too scary!” She insisted and turned her head to avoid looking at it.

Wind wasn’t about to take no for an answer though. He just lifted up the lid of the “throne” and undid his granddaughter’s diaper. “There’s nothing to be scared of. It fears you more than you fear it!” He told her as he delicately placed her upon the “throne”’s seat. “Now just relax. Don’t move around and you’ll be just fine, I promise. You know I’d never let anything bad happen to the bestest foal in the whole world!” Then he not so subtly encouraged. “Now go ahead, don’t hold back! Give the porcelain god the daily tribute it demands!”

And Lightning obeyed with only some hesitation. It was not unlike with her diapers when she was always encouraged to let it all out. The only difference was that this time there was no diaper on her to hold it all. Instead, she heard a series of splashes until finally she felt “empty”.

“See? That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Wind Rider commented as he carefully picked up his granddaughter, wiping her clean with a few rolls of toilet paper. “Now all that’s left is to complete the ritual and make the offering official. Why don’t you do the honors?” And as he held onto her, he brought her closer and closer to the familiar shiny, ramp-like object she had glanced at once before.

Lightning Dust reluctantly forced it down.

CLICK

FWOO-WISH

The “god” roared to life like it had done before, but Lightning felt safer in her grandfather’s care and so resisted the urge to fly away.

Soon, it was all over. The roar stopped and Wind Rider put the lid back down before he declared to his granddaughter. “You just do it like that and the throne will never give you trouble.”

PreviousChapters Next