• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,519 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,519

PreviousChapters Next
The First Foe (Rainbooms)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life] [Horror]
Characters: [Rainbooms] [Twinkleshine]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12
Note: Loosely based on “Rainbow Dash v.s. The Toilet” but with the Rainbooms. Human Twinkleshine is borrowed from “A Legend is Born” by Shadowmane PX-41

Long before they would come together to form their own rockband in high school, long before they ever found out about the existence of another world, the Rainbooms had been five seemingly ordinary humans living with their respective families in the city of Canterlot. They met each other occasionally for playdates as organized by their parents and those playdates were uneventful. They were too young to really remember much about them.

It wasn’t until the five future friends became toddlers that they would begin to draw close to one another. One experience in particular would help to ensure they were practically inseparable from each other, even though they’d later drift apart for a while as some of their families moved away (most especially with Applejack when she and her siblings were placed into the care of their aging grandmother, following the unexpected passing of their parents).

Before such events would occur, however, the five seemingly typical toddlers spent many of their days at a popular local daycare center run by a sweet young woman called Twinkleshine. Though not the only one running the place, Miss. Twinkleshine was so kind and so forgiving that all the littles one in the daycare took a shine to her, the little Rainbooms being no exception.

And it was while they were at this daycare that the five toddlers began to take notice of certain developments occurring in their lives. It all started when they noticed Rarity was the first among them to wear something different from the others one day. That something was an undergarment that looked kind of like a diaper, but at the same time it didn’t. It seemed like it didn’t stay on as snuggly as a diaper and boasted a more colorful design with cartoon characters.

Rarity naturally couldn’t resist showing off said undergarment to everyone she met. “Mommy and Daddy say this a pull-up,” She explained while pointing to it. “I no have to wear diapers anymore.”

“Why that?” Rainbow Dash had been the first in the circle of friends to ask.

Surprisingly, it was not Rarity who answered that question but Fluttershy. And the girl seemed to blush as she told the others. “It ‘cause she in potty training. It why big kids don’t wear diapers either.”

Pinkie Pie protested while poking at her diaper. “But I like diapers. Diapers so soft. I no wanna give them up.”

Rarity rolled her eyes in disbelief of the statement. “You no wanna be a big kid? Mommy and Daddy say everybody learn how to use potty eventually,” And she proudly boasted. “I actually ahead of many of you ‘cause Mommy and Daddy let me start early. Only Fluttershy old enough to also start potty training.”

Applejack questioned. “So, why she not in pull-ups too?”

Fluttershy looked shamefully at the ground as she confessed. “I not very good at it. Potty training not easy. You supposed to sit on potty and wait. Mommy or Daddy tell you when you no longer have to sit. If you do pee-pees or poo-poos they clean you up, then they empty into bigger potty that only grown-ups use.”

Applejack shook her head. “My brother use big potty and he not a grown-up, he wear pull-ups too.”

But Fluttershy whimpered. “Bigger potty really scary. It so big, it make strange noises, and anything that goes into it never comes back out. It disappears forever. I no like noise it makes, it only make noise when it make stuff disappear forever. What if that be me?”

Rainbow Dash shrugged off the comment while declaring. “You no have to use it. But I not scared. I learn potty training in ten seconds flat!”

At that, Rarity got an idea about how to make her boastful friend see sense. She knew a little about how that “bigger potty” Fluttershy had described worked, her mommy and daddy used it all the time without ever being scared and if they weren’t scared neither was she. But the young would be lady doubted her fellow toddlers knew what she knew, especially Rainbow Dash since she was the youngest of them all. “Prove it!” She suggested. “You use potty instead of diaper.”

Rainbow somewhat hesitantly replied. “But there no potties around here. I no can learn without a potty.”

Rarity just smirked. “There a potty all right, the one grown-ups like Mommy, Daddy and Miss. Twinkleshine use. You use that if you not scared of noise or disappearing forever.”

Applejack, Pinkie Pie and even Fluttershy joined Rarity in encouraging Rainbow! “Prove it!”

Having been goaded by her fellow toddlers and not wanting to look bad in front of them, Rainbow Dash proclaimed! “Alright! I do it and you all see! I make it look so easy, you all wanna be just like me,” But then she turned to Rarity and sheepishly asked. “Uh, where bigger potty at?”

“There one across the room,” Rarity explained while gesturing a hand to where an open door led to an ominously dark, unlit room. “Miss. Twinkleshine sometimes go there.”

Doing her best to put on a brave face, Rainbow said to her friends. “Okay. I go there too. You all can come if you not afraid.”


The room with the “bigger potty” wasn’t just dark, it was also cold and kind of smelly (though not in the sense of a bad smell and more in the sense of a strange smell that a toddler was unfamiliar with). It was only just possible to see the “bigger potty” as it stood all by itself at the back of the room. It was weirdly bowl shaped with some sort of box attached to it.

“Oh my!” Fluttershy proclaimed as the mere sight of such a tall object un-nerved her enough to almost have an accident. It was a testament to what little potty training she’d had that she was able to retain control of her bodily functions. “You braver than I am for trying to use big potty,” She told her seemingly fearless friend. “You sure you want to do this? I no want you to disappear forever!”

Though deeply scared on the inside of messing up, Rainbow Dash wouldn’t let it show outwardly as she just repeated her earlier claims of bravado. “I not gonna disappear forever! I gonna get it right in ten seconds flat! You all gonna think I so awesome!”

Applejack just giggled. “You not even gonna be able to try. The seat too high for you.”

Pinkie Pie, however, pointed out. “That okay, she can just climb up using step stool. I saw one when we enter this room.” And sure enough, close to where the door that served as the room’s only entrance was, there was a small wooden step stool.

Rarity quickly volunteered to push the stool as close to the edge of the “bigger potty” (she knew what it actually was called but wasn’t going to tell her friends just yet, it wasn’t important) as she could. Then, remembering her own training she instructed to Rainbow Dash. “Okay now. You take off diaper, then you climb onto seat and sit down. Then you just have to do pee pees and poo poos like grown-ups.”

“Alright,” Rainbow nodded. She proceeded to lift up her shirt and started clumsily tugging at her diaper’s tabs to get it to come undone. A task easier said than done given her clumsy, chubby little hands. “Urgh, come on!” She groaned as her face seemed to turn red from the effort, almost like she was about to have an accident.

Fortunately for the rainbow haired girl, Fluttershy came over to assist her as she placed her hands where the tabs were and undid them with ease. “I see how Mommy and Daddy do it when they change my diapers.” She explained to her fellow toddler.

Rainbow was grateful for the assist, quickly kicking the diaper down to her knees and then letting it fall off her completely as she took a step forward. She giggled a bit at the prospect of being semi-naked, before she made her way over to the step stool in front of the “bigger potty”. This was it, no turning back now even if she wanted to. And even if she didn’t have to go, she wasn’t about to admit such a thing to the others. One way or another, she would prove that she could conquer this strange contraption. After all, if someday she wanted to be just like her favorite heroes she couldn’t afford to let fear get the best of her.

So Rainbow Dash climbed up the step stool until she was almost level with the seat. She grabbed the edge with her hands and with a great deal of straining began to pull herself up. As she did so, the toddler could see down into the bowl itself. It looked almost like a bathtub or a pool with the water resting inside it, all smooth and reflective like a mirror. But at the bottom lie a hole, probably for making sure that whatever was inside “disappeared”.

Yet as the rainbow hired toddler pulled herself up further and onto the seat proper, she found it almost impossible to keep her balance! She tried to right herself, but that only seemed to make things worse! “Oh no! Oh no!” She cried in fear, desperately trying to grasp something, anything to keep herself from slipping off! But there was nothing for her to grab hold of besides the slippery seat!

The other toddlers could only watch with horror as they saw their fearless friend slip completely off the seat and into the bowl below with an audible splash! And then… there was nothing but silence.


Almost immediately, Rarity let out a shriek of horror and Fluttershy began to tear up! “Rainbow a goner! She disappear forever!” She cried and sobbed. “I afraid something like this would happen.”

“Of all the worst things that could happen, this THE, WORST, POSSIBLE THING!” Rarity shouted in dismay!

Applejack and Pinkie Pie were too stunned with shock to say anything, but in their minds they were each trying to process the unfortunate fate that had befallen their brave friend. All that remained of said friend now was her unused diaper that sat on the floor in front of them, still fresh and pristine.

But then suddenly, light flooded the entire room as the toddlers were momentarily blinded!

“What are you all doing in here?” A familiar sweet and gentle voice asked the four little ones, who promptly looked up to see none other than Miss. Twinkleshine standing before them.

Rarity confessed. “It my fault. I taunt Rainbow Dash into proving she can use ‘bigger potty’ and she try to do it, but she fall in.”

“Now she gone, forever. Never gonna see her again.” Fluttershy sniffled.

Twinkleshine’s reaction surprised everyone. She seemed to be struggling to hold back a laugh as she reassured the toddlers. “Now now, there’s no reason to be afraid. Rainbow Dash is just fine. After all, haven’t you all noticed that something hasn’t happened yet?”

“What sort of something?” Fluttershy asked.

Pinkie Pie seemed to realize what the something was, however, as she let out another gasp! “I know! ‘Bigger potty’ not make strange sound it always makes. Why is that, Miss. Twinkleshine?”

Twinkleshine smiled. “I’m very glad you asked that, Pinkie Pie,” She proceeded to point a silver object resting off to one side of the bowl like contraption that could now be seen as a gleaming white in color. “Do you see that handle?” She asked, and when her charges nodded in confirmation she explained. “That is what makes the strange sounds you all hear. It’s called a flush, which is how this ‘bigger potty’ empties itself after it is used.”

“So, because Rainbow not use it, she safe?” Fluttershy reluctantly yet hopefully inquired.

Twinkleshine nodded again as she peered down into the bowl, noticing a very wet Rainbow Dash sitting inside with her eyes closed. “It’s okay, Rainbow Dash. You can open your eyes now, you have nothing to fear,” She instructed to the rainbow hired girl, promptly reaching down and pulling her out with ease. “You were never in danger of disappearing.”

“I not?” Rainbow questioned in uncertainty.

“Yes indeed,” Twinkleshine explained. “After all, that hole at the bottom is much too small for you to fit down. Besides, you’re not supposed to be in the toilet.”

“Toilet?” The toddler slowly blinked. “That what ‘bigger potty’ called?”

The caretaker nodded once more as she slowly set the toddler on the tiled floor. “Yes it is. And although it may seem frightening to you all, it cannot harm you. However, if you wanted to use it, you’re to ask a grown-up for help specifically so that something like this doesn’t happen,” She proceeded to frown at Rainbow. “Now you’re all wet.”

Rainbow Dash apologized. “I sorry Miss. Twinkleshine.”

Twinkleshine just sighed. “It’s really my fault for not keeping the bathroom door locked when it’s not in use, and leaving the toilet lid up. I need to do a better job of remembering to do that,” Then she turned to the other toddlers. “I’m going to get Rainbow Dash cleaned up. Then she’ll be joining the rest of you for nap time. And Rarity, you are going to go in time out when nap time is done. It’s not nice to pressure others into doing dangerous things.”

Rarity reluctantly accepted her fate. “Yes, Miss. Twinkleshine.”

However, Fluttershy reluctantly raised a hand as she declared. “Um, Miss. Twinkleshine. I sorry, I had an accident.” And she showed her diaper that was heavily soaked.

Twinkleshine tried her best not to look upset. “Okay, thank you for telling me,” She proceeded to scoop the little girl up with one arm. “I’ll change you first, then I’ll clean Rainbow Dash,” Looking across to the changing station she got an idea. “And for good measure, Rarity, I think I’ll be putting you back into diapers for a while. Maybe then you won’t be so easily tempted to brag and dare others to do things like this.”

Rarity pouted. “But I no wanna go back to diapers! I like pull-ups!”

“Well, perhaps you should have thought of that before you decided to dare Rainbow Dash to prove she was a big girl,” Twinkleshine scolded. “You know full well that potty training can be difficult and should not be attempted without a grown-up. That goes for all of you. If any of you want to try it, you’re more than welcome to but please ask me or another grown-up first so we can help you out. We have lots of potties for children your age, and a special seat for those that want to use the toilet.”

Reluctantly, Rarity admitted. “I know that,” And she apologized to Rainbow Dash. “I sorry I make you do this. I just wanted you to see that potty training not easy, so then you no tease Fluttershy for still being in diapers.”

Rainbow Dash replied. “I not gonna tease her anymore.”

Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie wondered. “So, if someone flush toilet while Rainbow Dash inside it, would she disappear?”

Twinkleshine shook her head. “No, Pinkie. That wouldn’t be possible. No one can be flushed down the toilet, if they tried they would get stuck. And I don’t want ANY of you to go anywhere near the toilet without my say-so. I don’t want anymore incidents like this.”

All five toddlers agreed at the same time. “Yes, Miss. Twinkleshine."

PreviousChapters Next