• Published 7th Apr 2019
  • 2,337 Views, 12 Comments

Chaotic Recovery - daniboyi



Discord, the lord of chaos. Ageless being with unlimited powers that nopony can hope to match. What if the blast he took from Sombra was very real and very harmful.

  • ...
1
 12
 2,337

Chapter 1: Sacrifice

Author's Note:

Ok, a few things:
A) this can either be a one-shot or a series of his recovery.
Know that if I do a series, it will be fluttercord and tags will be changed accordingly. There will be no sexual stuff. Just pure fluff.
B) rated teen due to mentions of blood and injuries. didn't rate violence and gore, because they are not that detailed to warrant that kind of tag.
C) Constructive critism is highly encouraged. I enjoy writing and want to improve.
However, 'reviews' that is basically mindless hate or mindless praise won't be payed that much attention to. I appreciate praise, but stuff like 'I LOVE THIS!" or "I HATE THIS!" does not help me improve as a writer.

Chaotic Recovery

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Discord smirked as he snapped his paw yet again, transforming the likely deadly dark magical blast from the supposed King Sombra into a wave of butterflies, as he looked back at the ponies with a confident smirk.

“although if you think about it, I am your friend, so maybe you win cause friendship wins?” he shrugged carelessly, as he snapped again a few times during the short sentence, transforming the malicious magical might of King Sombra into various random stuff like balloons, whipped cream and ice-cream.
Said ponies, Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow, Rarity, Pinkie and, in Discord’s eyes, last but not least, his dear friend Fluttershy, smiled to him as they looked at him thankfully and fondly, as he inwardly let out a little mental yawn, quite bored with this supposed magical fight.

“although Fluttershy should get most of the credit. She is my favorite!” the lord of chaos spoke, with a fond look at his little yellow pegasi pal.
The mentioned pony blushed and smiled happily in return to Discord, appreciating the words.

Sombra growled and glared at him as he spoke, enraged at the lack of attention and respect he was getting, attention and respect he rightfully deserved as the darkest sorcerer in the world and ruler of Equestria.
He narrowed his eyes and smirked as he heard Discord speak of the yellow pegasi, he honestly forgot her name and couldn’t care less, and quickly realized where to strike to truly hurt the spirit of disharmony, well former spirit of disharmony. He raised his horn and charged his most powerful magical blast yet, corrupted and filled with the dark magic that he so dearly loved, as he fired it directly at the pegasi, making the other pathetic ponies cry out in terror as the blast was hurled at Fluttershy directly.

Discord’s eyes widened and the time stood still for him, as he slowly saw the dark spell hurl towards his dearest and first friend, he felt his throat go dry in pure terror as he knew she would not have a hope of surviving that… But he would, at least he hoped so, as he instantly leaped in front of the spell, unable to prepare anything to protect his body against the power of Sombra. His world filled with intense pain as he felt the magic slam into him and blast him backwards.
“ARRGHHH!” he yelled in pain as he was flung backwards across the floor, pain tearing into his chest and stomach as he felt dizzy and for the first time in his life, he felt actual serious pain to his physical form.

“DISCORD!” he heard Fluttershy cry in terror as the others gasped in fear and horror at the supposedly all powerful Draconequus being defeated like that.
He groaned in pain as Fluttershy was instantly hugging his neck, pleading as he felt her tears run over his neck “Please wake up, please wake up!”

“we need you!” he couldn’t muster a chuckle, but inwardly was quite amused at Sparkle’s focus on the mission.

He groaned and looked up, feeling quite painful as he grimaced and said, “Don’t worry, I-I’ll live.” He gasped and coughed out, as his eyes widened at the sight of blood in his paw, as he groaned and said, “Looks like I got a bit of internal bleeding there.” As Fluttershy gasped in horror.

He could hear Sombra saying something in the background, but otherwise ignored him, not really in the mood to hear the dark mage mock him and take pride in his own might.

Twilight looked at him with concern and said “D-Discord. I am so sorry. If I hadn’t made you fight him then…” she lowered her ears

He grinned weakly, hiding a grimace as he groaned and said “Never mind that Twilight. It was my choice to fight him and my stupidity that he got a lucky shot at me.” He heard Sombra growl at the accusation that it was a lucky shot.

“C-Can you get up?” she asked worried and fearfully, as he grimaced and responded with a hint of guilt, another wave of pain shooting through his body

“Sorry, but no. I have run dry.” He snapped his fingers and they let out a weak magical splutter at best “My body used a lot of my magic to survive that spell.” He heard Fluttershy whimper at that, hugging his neck tighter.

“b-but we need you!” the purple alicorn cried out in terror “we can’t beat him without you!”

“you couldn’t beat me with him!” Sombra growled out, standing tall.

“That’s it then... we’re doomed?” Applejack replied nervously, as Sombra grinned mockingly, sitting in his throne of dark crystals

“Of course, you are! Can’t believe it took you this long to realize… now how to get rid of all this clutter in my throne room.” With a mocking smirk at the ponies, as they turned and faced him, glaring angrily with mixture levels of rage and hate.

Discord grimaced, the pain not getting better, and he highly suspected he had a rib or two broken and possibly piercing something inside him, as he said “L-Listen to me.” He coughed and grimaced, more blood appearing and him not liking that at all. They turned to face him.
“Listen to me. You don't need me. You don't need the princesses, and you certainly don't need the Elements.”
He let out another painful cough as he grimaced, this time visibly as the ponies looked very worried. He gave a half-grin and stroked Fluttershy’s cheek softly, making her smile and blush quite adorably. “Fluttershy, you will always be kind.” She formed tears in her eyes.
He gestured to Applejack with a smile “Applejack, you will always be honest.” She smiled fondly at him, showing true appreciating for his words.
He turned to Rarity, “Rarity, you'll always be generous.” She nodded with a soft smile gracing her white lips. He inhaled weakly and grimaced, using large effort to stay awake at this point.
“And Rainbow Dash will be loyal as can be.” She smiled to him with soft eyes.
He said to the pink party pony of Ponyville “Pinkie will always bring laughter wherever she goes.” She smiled widely, tears in her eyes.
Lastly, he turned to Twilight, smiling fondly “And Twilight...” he let out another cough laced with blood “you are and always will be the embodiment of magic.”

He looked at all of them, smiling gently as he continued. “You lost sight of what's in front of you. You're here, together, willing to give everything you've got for Equestria. Nothing and nopony can ever take that away from you, because that's who you are.”

Sombra mockingly laughed, as he said, standing as his horn lit up with bubbling dark magic, flickering with black, green and purple energy “It’s gonna take more than a sentimental speech to save you!”

Twilight tensed, before grinned as she stood “Discord's right. We've proven time and time again that the real magic is the six of us working together! With these girls by my side, I'm not afraid of you! I'm not afraid of what you can do or how much power you have!” She had turned with the others towards Sombra, glaring at him with burning rage, as he smirked back.

“You should be.” He stated as he fired a spell at her, which she deflected with only a small push back, as she grimaced and glared back, standing firm.

“You may knock us down, but we’re gonna get back up again!” she deflected another blast of magic, as he growled frustrated.

“and again!” She parried another blast as he glared by now angrily and fired another spell.

“and again!” with another deflect. “As long as we are together, we will never stop trying to defeat you!” her friends standing behind her, glaring at Sombra.

He glared hatefully by now, as he roared and let out a continuously beam of dark magic, that Twilight blocked firmly with her own magical beam, holding it to a standstill for now.

She began to fly up, flapping her wings as she struggled to hold him back, grimacing until she felt Rarity grasp her hoof with a smile, as magical energy began to surround them “For our friends!”
Applejack grinned and joined in “For our families!”
Rainbow and Pinkie grasped Rarity’s and Applejack’s hooves firmly “For our homes!”
Fluttershy joined in last, glaring at Sombra with anger “For Discord!”

Twilight grinned and said “FOR EQUESTRIA!” as they unleashed the power of friendship at the dark king, as his magic was blasted back, him struggling to block the harmonic magic as he cried out “No! This can't be possible! Your magic can't defeat mine! I destroyed the source of your power!”

Twilight grinned at him confidently “You can’t destroy our friendship Sombra!”
“and we keep telling bad guys!” Rainbow said with a smug grin.
applejack continued “But y’all don’t seem to remember!”

They all cried out, as the blast spread out “THAT FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC!” as Sombra roared in agony and pain, as he was simply disintegrated, his body wiped away from the face of the planet, torn apart on an atomic level that could, hopefully, never be fully restored.
The blast continued outwards, spreading over Equestria, freeing ponies from the mind-control and restoring peace to the land of the ponies.

They landed, again as Rainbow said “huh… we just killed a pony.”
Fluttershy, however, didn’t pay her attention, as she hurried over and cried “Discord!” as she tried to get his attention, but paled as she saw he was unconscious and not looking well, paler than his usual greyish tone as she cried out “T-TWILIGHT! We need to get him to a hospital! He is hurt badly!”

“R-Right!” the alicorn said, as she ran over and stepped close, the others following as she teleported them all away, the entire group vanishing in a flash of purple magical light.

-----------------------------------------CANTERLOT HOSPITAL----------------------------------

The group appeared in a flash, startling everypony in the room as the hospital was back to business, having been first priority since ponies needed to be checked for injures or other harmful mental effects from the mind-control by Sombra.
A doctor moved over quickly, about to scold them for teleporting straight into the building as it was not usually allowed, but stopped once he saw Fluttershy’s panicking face, as she cried out “P-Please! He needs help!” gesturing to the downed Discord.

“What happened?!” a doctor cried in alarm at the sight of the unconscious lord of disharmony, as Twilight answered.

“He was hit by a dark spell from Sombra, while trying to protect us! He was coughing blood and in heavy pain before he lost consciousness!”

“Right! Nurse! We need to get him to intensive care! We likely got a case of internal bleeding and possibly worse!” Ponies nodded, as they quickly moved Discord onto a stretcher and moved him into the hospital.
Fluttershy tried to follow, but the doctor stopped her and said, “sorry miss, but we can’t allow anypony inside until we are sure he is in the clear!”

“B-bu-“ Fluttershy tried to argue, but whimpered and lowered her head, nodding as tears formed in her eyes “I understand.”

He sighed and smiled softly “I’ll give you any information about his condition, as soon as we know more.” She nodded gratefully with a smile, as he turned and moved quickly to the intensive care section.

As soon as he left, Fluttershy collapsed onto the ground, sobbing as her friends were immediately on her, hugging and comforting her as Applejack said “Ah’m sure he’ll be just fine hun. Discord’s a tough old fella.”

Rainbow nodded in agreement, giving a weak comforting smile “Yeah! He’s awesome… in his own weird way.”
Twilight smiled and placed a hoof on Fluttershy “this is the best hospital in Equestria. If anypony can help Discord, it’s this place.”

“T-Thanks girls.” She said with a sniffle, as she said “I-I just don’t know what I do if he... if he…” she let out a whimper “He took that blast for me. I-It’s my fault he is hurt!”

Rarity sighed and said softly “Nonsense dear. It’s that vile Sombra’s fault. He was the one that fired the spell… Discord is… I can’t believe I am saying this… a heroic gentleman for protecting you.”

“yeah!” Pinkie said quickly with a grin “He will be right as rain and making chocolate rain again soon enough!” with a dreamy look at the thought, as Fluttershy giggled gently and nodded.

“I-I suppose you are right…”

They stayed like this for a few minutes Fluttershy collecting herself as she soon got up and they moved to sit in the waiting room, Fluttershy still worried, but no longer in tears as soon enough the door opened.
Fluttershy gasped and looked up, before sighing as she saw it was the princesses and Starswirl.
Celestia blinked, before smirking “I don’t often get that reaction… but may I ask what you are all doing here?”

Twilight bit her lip, before answering “It’s Discord, Princess Celestia… he was badly hurt after he took a spell to the chest that Sombra fired at Fluttershy. He is in intensive care for now.”
The 3 elderly ponies blinked in shock, as Luna stated, uncertain and nervous.

“Discord got hurt. But how? We know he can just vanish spells or just create a shield or something otherwise crazy to leave unharmed.”

Twilight sighed and said “We don’t know why he didn’t… We could ask him when he has recovered enough…” Luna nodded gently.

Twilight turned to Celestia with lowered ears, as she instantly began to apologize for letting things go this far before calling for help, for not realizing she was in over her head and most of all for letting Discord get hurt and said that she understood if Celestia thought she was not ready for the position as ruler of Equestria with her friends.

Celestia, however, smiled gently and reassured Twilight that she would be a fine ruler, and that Luna and she realized that it was unfair to put this on Twilight so suddenly, and they would allow her more time to prepare for the task, before they retired.
This had Twilight greatly relieved and she smiled.
Celestia, Luna and Starswirl left to help with the cleanup of the castle and otherwise helping ponies to see if they were unharmed physically and mentally.

-------------------------------------------------TIMESKIP---------------------------------------------------

The rest of the time was in silence, the friends sitting with worry and an underlying tone of fear for their chaotic friend. Twilight had gotten a letter from Spike and Starlight, them saying they had returned to the castle and was alright, something she was very glad for.
The door opened, and the doctor walked in, saying “The operation was a success and he is out of danger. He is ready to see you, but I will ask you remain calm. He is still recovering.” With a soft smile, as Fluttershy smiled happily and said, nodding gratefully to the doctor.

“T-thank you so much!” as she quickly sped past him to meet with her dear friend.
The others followed her quickly.

They soon arrived at his room, as he was laying in a bed, grumbling annoyed until he saw Fluttershy and grinned happily “Fluttershy!”

She gasped as she saw him, laying in the bed with a large set of bandages covering his chest-area as she said “A-are you ok discord?” with a worried look.

He sighed and nodded with a smirk “I’m fine. They just had to do a bit of digging around inside me. Apparently, I had two fractured ribs and one pierced something nasty inside me. I’ll be right as rain in no time!”

She nodded and bit her lip, before leaping into a hug, making him grunt lightly in pain, but he returned it happily as he petted her mane, the others smiling softly at the sight, as she whimpered and said “I-I’m sorry Discord! I-If it wasn’t for me, y-you wouldn’t have been hurt!”

He sighed and said with a smirk, lifting her face by her chin with a finger “And if it wasn’t for you, I would have nothing that was worth getting hurt for. You are worth any amount of pain, my dear Fluttershy.” She blushed deeply and smiled happily, tears still in her eyes.

“Soo… any reason you can’t just… heal yourself?” Rainbow asked with a raised eyebrow, making the lord of chaos groan in annoyance.

“oh, I wish I could! But apparently his stupid dark magic has caused some magical disturbance in me and it will take a week before it stabilizes, and until then I am on a strict no magical regime! Such a bother!” he huffed annoyed and crossed his arms “can’t even summon a bit of chocolate milk for myself!” They all chuckled a bit at his plight.

Fluttershy smiled however and said “then I guess you can stay with me until you get better. I can help you with anything you need.”
He blinked, before smiling softly and said, “I would love that, but I am only discharged tomorrow.”

She nodded and replied, “then I be here tomorrow to pick you up!” with a happy smile “oh this is gonna be so fun! Like a long sleepover!”

Discord blinked, before groaning and said “Can we at least call it something else! I might have been defeated by Sombra, but I still have some dignity to hold onto!” making the rest laugh.
Fluttershy giggled happily, but nodded in agreement, just leaning into his embrace as she was just happy he was alive and recovering, finally able to calm down.

Discord himself, despite the injuries he suffered and the very annoying lack of magic, was currently very happy, surrounded by friends that he knew cared for him and likewise he cared for them… even if he liked to mess around with them once in a while and they would certainly feel his return to full power once he was free to use his magic once more in a week.

Comments ( 12 )

Nicely structured, and it does make me squee in remembrance of that whole adorable scene. You unfortunately used lowercase letters when beginning the dialogue sentences and you misspelled pegasus (not pegasi, and the plural is pegasai). Other than that, it shows some promise. Just needs a little work on the sentence structures.

9552006
Fair enough and thanks for the feedback. It is this kind of feedback that helps me improve. I am not editing this chapter immediately, for obvious reasons, but future chapters will be written with your words in mind.

9552010
9552006

Actually, pegasi is the proper word for multiple pegasus ponies per the MLP Wiki, though I'm not sure how it's spelled in the DVD/Netflix closed captioning.

9552303
Oh, weird. I never knew that.

9552349
it's fine. I still appreciate the help.


9552303
and thanks to you for helping correcting the mistake.

The only other thing I would bring up is to be careful about capitalization on character names.
And I do hope that you'll make this a series. I would love to see where it goes!

9565394
But names should be capitalized.
That is one of the rules of capitalization. Nouns, which includes names of specific people, are capitalized.

Still thanks for the thought.

9565454
I only brought it up because twice names weren't capitalized.

9565758
ahh ok.

Sorry, misunderstood your comment and thanks for the help. I will watch out for that in the future.

Shy: oooh my look at the poor dear. Looks like this is a job for nurse fluttershy~
Discord: fever goes way up

I would like to order a family sized portion from column (A) please.

Login or register to comment