• Published 21st Mar 2019
  • 725 Views, 5 Comments

26 Short Stories of Equestria - TPC-2k16



Short stories of everyday activity in Ponyville.

  • ...
 5
 725

In Line

On a windy, cloud filled sky day, Cozy Glow is in Headmare Twilight’s office, sitting in her chair, hooves up on the desk, having the most smirkiest of smirks ever seen.

On the other side of the desk, sitting on a simple wooden chair is Princess Twilight herself.

Though she appears tied to the chair, front and back hooves tied together and to the chair, mouth stuffed with a dirty white rag, and lastly, for safe measures, her horn on the frink due to an anti magic spell cast on it.

“Now, you’re probably wonderin’, why am I doin’ this?” Cozy opens up a drawer and takes out a file from it. “In this file is all of Princess Twilight’s financial records. What do I want with it you ask? Simple,” Cozy opens the file up, finding the paper showing all the payments Twilight had made, “Now tell me, what did you purchase on the fourteenth day of this exact month... two years ago?” Cozy shows the document to her.

Twilight looks to get nervous, sweat starting to come down, mumbling to her what sounds like: “That’s none of your business.”

“Oh, and it is,” Cozy puts the paper back in the file, “And once I send this in to the Ponyville news publisher, everypony will know the real Princess Twilight.”

Twilight's worriness gets dialed up to max levels.

Until, from the sound of the two double doors being kicked open does it start to go down some.

Cozy Glow looks to see Gallus standing in the doorway, holding in his grip a medium sized black box.

“Never fear! For I am here!” Gallus exclaims loudly.

Oh.” Cozy sounds a little nervous, quickly picking up the file, then flies up into the air. “It’s been fun but I-“

“Not so fast!” Gallus jumps over to where she is, opening and holding out the black box towards her.

“What in tar-“ Cozy is interrupted as suddenly, she starts to feel herself disintegrating into the box, the file in her hooves falling to the floor.

As soon as all of Cozy Glow is inside the box, Gallus quickly shuts the top back on.

***

“Again, I just have to say thanks again.” Twilight says to Gallus as they both walk down the halls of the School.

“Eh. Like I said, don’t mention it.”

“You know, it’s nice to see how a griffin, like yourself, has really gotten along with everycreature. Considering where you came from.”

“It’s nothing. I just learned from the best, and with the help of my friends, I know I’m waaay better than I was before.”

Twilight smiles cheerily at him.

The two walk a little more until Gallus notices something isn’t right.

“You hear that?”

“Hear what-“ Twilight is interrupted as she looks at Gallus’ flank, seeing it appear to be glowing.

“What,” Gallus looks back at his own flank too, “Wha...?”

(Earlier That Day)

Gallus was in the School Library, sitting at one of the work tables, studying for Professor Fluttershy’s exam tomorrow until a strange pony walks over to him.

The pony wore a tan trench coat covering his whole body, a tan fedora, and big black sunglasses.

The pony takes out a medium sized black box out of his coat, placing it on the table, getting Gallus’ attention.

“I am giving this to you. Use it wisely.” The pony said, sounding almost too clear, before walking out of the Library.

Okay,” Gallus looks at the box real close, “I don’t get it. And what did he say? Use it wisely?”

Just as he’s about to grab the box, somepony runs into the Library, screaming loudly.

“HELP!!!!!!!! HEADMARE TWILIGHT IS TIED UP IN HER OFFICE WITH THAT COZY GLOW!!! SOMEPONY DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!”

Gallus, getting a look of confidence, grabs the box, then flies straight towards Headmare Twilight’s office.

(Nighttime)

Twilight and Gallus are both in the Throne Room of the Friendship Castle.

Though when the map was turned on, it shows no sign of activity, no sign of Gallus being summoned by the map.

“I don’t get it,” Twilight paces around the map table, “Usually when ones’ flank glows, it's a call from the map. But now. I don’t know!”

“Maybe the map is trying to say something. Like, what with me and my friends?” Gallus asks her.

“Speaking of which,” Twilight goes to sit on her throne, motioning Gallus to sit elsewhere, “I’ve been wondering about the Tree of Harmony lately and, it’s about you and your friend’s connection to the tree. Or potential connection to it.”

Okay," Gallus takes a deep breath, "We probably were gonna tell you eventually but here we go.”

“It all started when me and my friends were studying for a test. Then Cozy Glow, of course, makes us all feel down. Then before you know it, we find an opening in the Library leading to a cavern, seeing immediately you, but not you you, the Tree of Harmony shaped as you, then it immediately cast us away to face our fears.”

“Interesting. Please go on.” Twilight said.

“Some of us were able to face them on our own, but some just needed a little help.”

“And so, after we all have faced our fears, the Tree of Harmony said of how proud it is of us and lets us go.”

Really. Well that certainly explains why a holographic version of myself appeared as part of an April fools joke.”

Gallus looks at Twilight questionably.

“You don’t wanna know.”

***

As soon as Twilight sent Gallus away (back to the School), she walks to her bedroom, using her magic to put on her nighttime gown, then planing to go to sleep early tonight.

Today was a long, tired day for her.

But not before going over to her dresser, opening the top drawer to take out a piece of paper and a pen.

The first line of the paper read: Cozy Glow X Gallus.

Twilight uses the pen to cross it off entirely.

“Such a shame. I just thought they had the chemistry to do it.”

Twilight crumbles it up and throws it in a trash can before going to sleep.

(The Next Day)

A new school day has begun.

Gallus is busy walking down the hall to Professor Dash’s class before being stopped by Headmare Twilight.

“Hey, just one question. Have you ever, oh I don’t know, felt anything ‘touchy-feely’ towards a certain someone?” Twilight creepily asks him.

Uh... Why do you need to know?” Gallus sounds a little uncomfortable.

“‘Cause last night, I had a dream that you were proposing to Guidance Counselor Starlight!” Twilight freaks out over.

“You what? Okay, for one, Starlight’s like, in her mid twenties. And second, why did you dream of that?!”

“Dream of what?” Starlight asks as she just so happens to walk over by them. “I’m just passing through ‘til I see you two. Anything the matter?”

“Oh there’s no matter. Just Headmare and student talking. No need for you here.” Twilight said, trying to sound normal.

Okay. Well if you need me, you both know where to find me.” Starlight walks away from the two.

***

Derpy Hooves is at this new fancy restaurant that just opened up, waiting patiently for her blind date to show up.

“I hope he makes it in time. The dinner rush will start soon.” Derpy says to herself just as Twilight comes into view.

“Hi there. Just wondering if you’ve seen anypony here that’s waiting for me. My friend set me up on a blind date and I’d very much would like to meet the pony.”

“Really? ‘Cause I’m doing the same thing.” Derpy said to her.

“Really? You don’t think that-“

Twilight is interrupted by Rainbow Dash’s laughing.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight says angrily to her before stomping away from the restaurant.

“Um, what just happened?” Derpy asks confused.

***

Starlight is in the teachers’ lounge, sitting on one of the couches, eating the last slice of chocolate cake, all the while thinking to herself.

Just then, Fluttershy comes in, going over to the fridge to take out a little something for her class.

Right when she finds it and is about to leave, Starlight stops her, asking: “Hey Fluttershy. We’re good friends right?”

“Well of course. Why do you ask?”

“Oh well, it’s just... why does nopony want me?!"

Fluttershy looks to her concerned.

“I mean, I’m not a bad pony, and I’ve shown I can change. Yet here I am, whisking away the best years of my life.”

“Um Starlight-“

“I mean, I’m twenty six. Twenty six!”

“I think you-“

“And soon enough I’m gonna be in my thirties!”

“Starlight!” Fluttershy finally gets her attention, taking a deep breath. “I know it’s hard for you but, there’s no need to worry. Besides, I’m two years older and I don’t feel the need of wanting somepony by me.” She says comforting.

“Well, you also have Discord as a fallback plan, so of course you needn’t worry.”

Fluttershy blushes at what she just said.

“Well, I better be going. Nice to talk with ya.” Fluttershy walks back to the door before Starlight stops her again.

“Look. I’m sorry for what I said. I’ve just been thinking a lot lately about this kind of stuff and I guessed I just needed somepony to talk to. Forgiven?”

Fluttershy smiles at her, “You're forgiven." She opens the door and walks back to her classroom.

***

A long narrow hallway.

On each side are eight doors, each door a different color.

The blue door on the right opens up from the other side.

And on the other side is Cozy Glow.

“I’m back!”

Author's Note:

And this is the end of the story.
Will there be another story explaining all of everything that happened this chapter?
Probably not.

Anyway, thanks for all that happened and see you again... maybe.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment