• Published 21st Mar 2019
  • 726 Views, 5 Comments

26 Short Stories of Equestria - TPC-2k16



Short stories of everyday activity in Ponyville.

  • ...
 5
 726

Legends of Wysteria’s Field

“Wysteria. You mean THE Wysteria. The same Wysteria who vanquished monsters. The same Wysteria who rewrote many books on magic. The same Wysteria who-“

“Alright, we get it. Wysteria’s awesome.” Rainbow Dash brashly interrupts Twilight.

Awesome is an understatement. Try awesome times infinity plus one!”

“Infinity plus one, eh? Sounds like you're a big fan.” Wysteria speaks to Twilight.

Twilight, filled with glee, start taking big, long breaths, starting to act a little stir crazy.

“Is she gonna be alright?” Wysteria asks either any of the other ponies, concerned.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. She gets like this almost way too many times to count.” Spike answers back with snark.

Okay. Now then, back to business. I’m sure you are all wondering why you’re here, correct?”

Everypony but Twilight shakes their heads sideways.

“Good. Wait here while I make us some tea. We’ve got a lot to talk about.”

***

After about thirty minutes of tea making, all twelve ponies, plus Wysteria, sit, haunches down on the grass, each one with a cup of tea.

“Now. You are all here for a very important mission, correct? And to understand how important it is, I must first share with you the history of this place.” Wysteria gets back up, quickly running back into her shack, and coming back out with a big book.

Opening to a certain page, she begins reading: “Once upon a time, or more like fifty moons ago, right in this field here used to live a great abundance of ponies. Ponies of every age, race, living together in perfect harmony," A tear comes to her eye while reading, remembering of all the good times she'd had, “Until one day, when a lonely centaur named Galbus came to our happy village and destroyed it, as just the thought of ponies getting along bothered him, so he decided to take everything away. Leaving us with nothing, but our friendship remaining, but soon enough, that went away too," She starts to become sad, trying desperately to hold in her tears, as she remembers fondly of her friends, the specific day of them all walking away coming to memory, “And it was terrible. Soon, everypony left our ruined village. Leaving only me, here, Wysteria, to try to remake it to how it once was. Back to its former glory,” Wysteria closes the book shut, “So, do you now know why you’re here yet?”

“Pardon me, but that story sounds horrible.” Pinkie says in response to the story.

“Uh huh.” Applejack also responds, not showing it, but feeling it.

“I know,” Wysteria says sadly, “But, if we don’t want this to happen again, then we must act now.”

“Sounds good. Point the way.” Rainbow flies up into the air heroically.

“What we need to do is simple: defeat and banish Galbus the next time he shows up. Problem is, we don’t know where he is, or where he will be when he shows up again.” Wysteria puts a hoof up to her chin.

Hmm, I think I may know somepony, or somedraconequus, who can help.”

Everypony looks to Twilight with questioned stares.