• Published 21st Mar 2019
  • 727 Views, 5 Comments

26 Short Stories of Equestria - TPC-2k16



Short stories of everyday activity in Ponyville.

  • ...
 5
 727

The Starlight Renaissance

Starlight Glimmer, once a pony who despised cutie marks, now the Princess of Friendship's student, looked into the mirror in her room, staring at her reflection until finally saying to herself: “I win.”

After another five minutes of just her staring at her reflection, Starlight finally walks away from the mirror, walking out of her room into the hallway.

Starlight heads over to the Library in the Castle, first thing she notices when in is Twilight going through a bunch of books.

“Uh, anything the problem?” She asks Twilight, who’s startled by her words.

Twilight gets up from her work and walks over to Starlight. “Well, yes. Yes to the... problem.”

“So and that is?”

“Nothing. It’s nothing.”

“Oh.” Starlight stops what she was previously thinking, moving out of the library to let Twilight continue on whatever work she's doing.

Starlight decides to head outside, get some fresh air, while seeing everypony in town.

* * *

“Hello yes. I’m Starlight Glimmer. What’s your name?” The newest Ponyville resident asks the meek, shy pegasus pony in front of her, though the pegasus just appears way too shy to her.

Alright. If you excuse me, I must be on my way.”

The shy pony finally speaks up, though very shyly: “I’m Fluttershy."

“Huh. What was that?”

“My name is... is Fluttershy.

“Once more from the top?”

The pony just shyly whimpers.

Awkward silence a few seconds later. “Well, your birds have appeared to come back. I’ll leave you to it, then,” Starlight walks away from the shy pegasus, taking out her checklist, "See how the musical arrangement is going, check.”

* * *

“Okay. Now that was a crazy dream.”