• ...
7
 71
 1,657

A plague of madness: part 3

A plague of madness: part 3

Last chapter: “Princess Celestia, I know you aren’t busy, I have checked your timetable. This is an urgent matter concerning the ponyknappings.” The voice calls out to her. She gets up, puts the diary on the table and walks over to the door, opens it to see Dr Atom stood at the door, he then adds, “I have a lead on the ponyknappings.”

Celestia and Atom are talking in her study about what Atom had found out about the ponyknappings, “I know who was been taking the ponies, Princess. I’ve been watching around Ponyville and found that it was....” he stops as he is interrupted by Mathis appearing on the TV screen.

“It’s Kieron; he’s been taking the ponies. He came in not five minutes ago with a trolley covered over; I assume that a pony was inside it. He’s been acting weirdly like before, when he touched the GM’s cane and it transferred some power to him causing him to go mad for a brief time...” he explains, “You see, he was young and still learning, he touched the cane, it rejected him and transferred some of its power to him and made him go mad for a small amount of time, then it became dormant in his mind...” he adds as Atom stares intrigued by what he is saying.

“So, if the madness has been dormant, how has it come back out?” Atom asks. Mathis shrugs his shoulders.

“Strange...I have seen the power of the cane, it can lift things like using magic, so can Kieron use ‘magic’ so to speak?” he questions. Mathis thinks about it for a bit.

“Sounds about right, it is possible...yes he can, I saw him get into a lift and swung his arms together to close the doors, he can use ‘magic’ so to speak.” Mathis replies confirming Atom’s question. Celestia sat thinking hard about what they are saying.

“So Mathis, if he is taking these ponies, what is he doing with them?” she asks, again Mathis shrugs his shoulders, “Surely you must know, you see everything in his facility...” she continues.

Mathis shakes his head before replying, “No, he has an underground facility, under where the C.O.C and L.R.M.S were, he has cut me off from those facilities so I can’t see, hear or know anything that is going on in there...sorry.”
‘Tia lowers her head in thought, “I currently have a couple of guard mechs close by building a house, do you wish for me to send then down there to find out?” he asks.

She looks up at Atom then over to Mathis, “Do it, I want to know what is happening to my ponies...” she orders. Mathis knods before the TV goes black, “I hope they’re alright...”

“I hope so too, Princess...for now we can only watch and wait.” He replies as he gets up and walks out, ‘Tia then continues to read the diary only to get to the part about where Kieron led an entire army to invade a country, absolutely demolishing all resistance and fighting a long, hard battle to victory, it described all the gruesome things he’s done to people and what he does to then when chasing them down.

<At the mech facility>

Kieron finishes changing back to his human form before turning to leave the room, all the ponies ‘playing’ with each other, he begins to walk out, looking back for the last time before the bulkhead door closes, he makes his way towards the teleporter. The doors of the lift open, he stops as hears a noise, he looks down the corridor to the teleporter but then slowly continues onwards, suddenly a metallic arm comes out of the teleporter, grabs the side and a guard mech climbs out of the green glow, then another mech climbs out.

He stares at them as then stand next to each other and take aim at him, one of them then talks, questioning him in a robotic type voice, “Overseer, what are you doing down here? What is that trolley for? What is in the room behind you?”

He looks at them without answering, he lifts a hand and points at one of the mechs, he then turns his hand over and opens it to make a shape as if he were holding a ball on top of his fingers, he then suddenly closes his hand as the mechs behind crumples into a small ball of metal like a tin can. The other mech looks back at the ball of scrap metal, it turns to face Kieron and aims with its arm weapon and shoulder weapons, “I will give you one more chance to answer, Overseer. If you do not comply, I will have to open fire.” It says to him.

Kieron lowers his head before slowly lifting upwards to look at the mech with the manic stare, he then lifts his hand again, swiftly moves it to the right causing the left arm of the mech to fly off, he giggles slightly, “Isn’t this fun, getting to play with you, ripping you apart whilst you witness it without dying. This is what it is like for me.” He says as he raises a hand again to do something, the mech then dashes forward whilst shooting a few rounds at him.

Kieron jumps up to grab hold of the ceiling as the mech passes underneath; he then drops down, lifts both arms and then drops then down causing then mech to push downwards into the ground, crumpling slightly. The mech gets back up and turns to face Kieron only for him to lift his arms, move them apart causing the bulkhead door to open and ponies rush out starting to rip the mech apart piece by piece.

Kieron then turns and walk towards the teleporter with the trolley following like nothing happened. The ponies quickly manage to pull the mech apart before going back into the dark room and the bulkhead door closes.

<Ponyville>

Twilight starts to shake at the madness begins the transfer into her mind, Trixie still concentrating on the transfer, suddenly she flies off Twilight as a magical force pushes her off. The madness then fades from Twilight’s mind as it hadn’t fully transferred; she quickly forces herself to her hooves and looks around in confusion, her mind scrambled slightly. She looks over to the balcony only for Moonshine and Treacle to be gone, she then looks around to see a figure down the street, the figure was dark, normal size for a pony, and it had a horn and is that wings?

She automatically runs over to the figure knowing that if it wanted to hurt her it would have already, she reaches the pony, “Celestia?” she asks as she slows down getting closer.

“We are not our sister; it is I, Twilight Sparkle, Princess Luna. We saw you pinned to the ground by that pony and decided to help you. What is wrong with that pony?” she asks Twilight who stands in front of her and thinks.

“I don’t know, that was Trixie, we hate each other but yet she was....well....I don’t want to say but it felt like something was trying to control me, something that she was trying to give to me but I don’t know what.” She explains as Luna looks over to Trixie who gets up, looks over to them with the creepy stare and begins to walk over to them slowly.

She then begins to speak at exactly same time as another pony that suddenly appears behind them, “A princess, brilliant, I could use your power to help us spread the madness to more. Join us....Luna, joins us and help us spread this madness to all others.” Luna watches Trixie as Twilight looks back to see the pony behind.

“Princess, we need to get out of here, NOW!” she calls out to her, panicking as the pony start to close in on them.

“That other pony is Moonshine; it won’t be easy to hold them off.” She adds before concentrating her magic on her horn, she then manages to teleport the two of them inside the library. Twilight quickly rushes downstairs to lock the front door as Luna dashes to the balcony, looks out to see the two ponies stood next to each other looking at each other, she then closes the doors quietly then locks them.

“We should be safe now, princess.” Twilight calls up to her, she turns to face the bedroom door only to see Treacle laid down by the cupboard. Twilight walks up the stairs and into the room to see Luna staring at something, she peeks round the door to see Treacle, she then backs up to Luna, “We need to get out, she has the madness inside her, she told me that she does, if we don’t get out of Ponyville, we might most likely end up like them too.” She explains as Luna looks at her then over to Treacle who seems to be sleeping.

<Canterlot>

Celestia continues to read the diary, as she flips over the page a scroll magically appears in front of her, she unravels it and begins to read aloud, “Dear princess Celestia, I have a large problem, your sister and I are locked the Ponyville library with two ponies outside that were attacking us, there is also a pony in the house, Treacle Tart, who also has gone mad and will soon probably attack us. Could you please help us? Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle. P.S. Please hurry, we might not have long.” She then drops the scroll, rushes over to her balcony and looks down at Ponyville; she then closes her eyes and teleports to Ponyville.

She appears outside of the library directly in front of the front door, she looks around to see the two ponies stood kissing at each other; she looks away in disgust before turning and going to knock on the door, she stops herself thinking it could attract the pony’s attention; she then flies up to the balcony silently. She knocks quietly in the doors after looking in and seeing them stood watching Treacle, Twilight turns and then walks over to open the door.

‘Tia walks inside and immediately goes over to Treacle, “There are only two ponies that I know that can do mind magic...me and that other one outside, Trixie. She is more experienced than me though, if I could true to stop the ‘madness’, as you call it’ from controlling Treacle I might be able to find a way to help others that have it.

She lays down next to Treacle on puts the tip of her horn against Treacle’s head, she concentrates as she feeds her magic into Treacle’s mind, Twilight ad Luna watch as she takes her time to find the madness within Treacle’s mind. Soon after she opens her eyes and lifts her head as Treacle slowly opens her eye and looks up at the three of them, ‘Tia and her then get up. Celestia then focuses her magic on her horn.

“It isn’t safe here anymore until we find out what is going on.” She says to them all before teleporting all of them to Canterlot.

<Mech facility>

The lift doors open and Kieron walks out with the trolley following him, he then waves a hand forwards causing the trolley to move into a small cupboard, “MATHIS!” he shouts out down the corridor, and Mathis then appears in front of Kieron.

“Yes sir, what is it?” he asks innocently.

“You know ‘what’ Mathis; those mechs are controlled by you. Why did you attack me?” he asks in an ordering voice.

“You have gone mad, sir. I was just wanting to get some answers for the princess, so that we can stop it and bring you back to normal.” He answers honestly.

“Me, mad?” he says, “I have not gone mad, I simply am being controlled by it, the cane, it has some of its power inside my mind and now it has been brought to life.” He explains.

“Yes, I know but you are turning ponies mad too, you need to stop, if you don’t then we will have to stop you by any means possible.” Mathis replies before disappearing. Kieron then walks towards the main room of the facility, when he reaches there he sits in a chair and stares at the big screen in front of him.

A pony walks up behind him and gives him a light kiss on the cheek, “Hello, darling. How are you?” the pony asks him, he continues to stare at the screen, he then grabs at his head.

“Get out of my head, this madness, it....it drives me to hurt the ones I love. Why must I have to endure such an emotional pain such as this?” he asks. The pony walks in front of him, he looks ahead to see the pony, “Tell me, Rarity. Why must I have to have the madness inside me, I didn’t want to hurt any of you, yet it makes me do it.” He adds as Rarity puts her hooves against Kieron’s hands to pin them to the chair.

“You cannot escape the madness, Kieron. Just let it control you, and only then can we all be happy, let me help.” She replies as she looks down to between his legs.

“No Rarity, don’t do it. I cannot allow it to control me any...” he is interrupted as she silences him by locking their lips together; she then begins to rub between his legs. He tries his best to resist by thinking about all the good things he did for the ponies, but it doesn’t work as he begins to lose himself again to the madness as pleasure starts to kick in. He looks at her with his piercing glare at her kissing away at him.

Trixie and Moonshine then walk in through the main door, Mathis appears in front of them, “Moonshine....and Trixie, don’t enter the main room, Kieron is very busy, he wishes not to be disturbed, so go away.” He orders.

Trixie completely ignores him and continues to walk towards the main room, Moonshine stands and looks at Mathis, “He’s right, we shouldn’t. Maybe we should come back later, so we aren’t rudely interrupting.” She replies.

“I’m sorry but WHAT?!” Mathis asks, caught off guard by Moonshine’s politeness. She then turns and walks out towards Ponyville, “What just happened, was she just polite to me, Holy crap.” He says to himself, Trixie runs out after her.

“Moonshine wait, the madness has corrupted you, let me help you.” Trixie shouts out to her as she runs after her. Mathis stands in confusion as he watches.

“Wow, I never saw that coming, anyway, I need to sort out Kieron now.” He says to himself before vanishing.

<Canterlot>

The TV in Celestia’s study lights up as Mathis appears, “CELESTIA......hello?” he says as he looks around the room, they all then suddenly appear as they teleport into the room, “Ah, princess....princesses in fact. Kieron isn’t cooperating, the madness has completely overtaken his mind, although he did have some resistance to it a couple of minutes ago...” he explains as they sit down and listen.

“We really need to stop this before it gets out of control. It’s like a plague; soon they’ll be roaming the streets.” ‘Tia replies.

“Yes, it would. I do have a suggestion though, if we can get you, Celestia, close enough to him, you could use your power to wipe the madness from his mind, you would have to be quick though or else the madness COULD take you too.” He explains.

“I don’t know, I’m not very experienced right now. We should all just rest for now and hope we can control the spread for now.” She replies as she makes her bed and the others go and lay on it, “We’ll stay here for the night; I’ll stay up and think of a solution.”