• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 1,151 Views, 48 Comments

The Only Cure - Whisper Dawn



Rainbow is hurt. But what happens when the only way to help her is in another world?

  • ...
2
 48
 1,151

Chapter Five - Wait, What?!

After the girl was finally defeated, the friends split up. Sunset went over to her bag and got out her journal, asking Princess Twilight what they should do with the bracelet. Twilight and Pinkie Pie stayed by Citrus Crystal to make sure she was alright. Fluttershy and Applejack immediately ran over to the crystal dome to check on Rainbow and Rarity, with Sunset quickly following.

"It's over!! Let it down, Rarity!!" Fluttershy yelled towards the diamonds. When no response came from inside, she and Applejack shared a concerned look. When Sunset saw the fragile state of the dome, she had an idea.

"Applejack, do you think your super strength is enough to break the crystals?" Sunset asked. "They're obviously damaged, and Rarity doesn't seem to be holding them up anymore." After hearing this, Applejack nodded.

The country girl backed up, then took a running start. When she reached the dome, she smashed the gems using her shoulder. They crumbled under her pressure, and vanished quickly after. Inside the dome was quite a sight.

Near the back of the preexisting dome, Rainbow Dash lay as idle as ever. Closer to the front but mere feet from Dash lay Rarity, collapsed upon the ground.

Applejack was instantly at Rarity's side, kneeling by her as she struggled to sit up. Fluttershy rushed to Rainbow, sitting with the girl's head in her lap. Sunset glanced around. She saw Rarity leaning on Applejack to her right, and saw Fluttershy laying with Dash to her left. She started walking towards Rainbow and Fluttershy when she felt the bag on her back vibrate.

Sunset, I don't want you to have to worry about coming to Equestria. I'm coming to retrieve the bracelet myself, and I'll be there within an hour. Wait near the portal. Let me know if there's any issues with this plan.

Sounds good Twilight. Me and our friends won't leave the school. By the way, do you have any medical knowledge?

Of course I do. I have knowledge about everything!! Why, is something the matter?

Well, there's a bit of a medical issue I thought you might be able to help with while you're here.

I'm on my way now.

Sunset let out a breath of air. Rarity seemed to be at almost full strength, and Applejack was helping her over to where Dash lay.

From behind Sunset there was a flash of light, which disappeared almost instantly. Twilight stood up and shakily walked over to Sunset. Sunset grabbed the pony girl in a tight hug, which the now-human girl returned.

"So, what can I help with?" Twilight asked, concern coating her voice.

"It's Rainbow. She-" Sunset's voice broke as involuntary tears began to roll down her cheeks. Hearing the sobs of Fluttershy, Twilight, and Pinkie Pie from further away, Pony-Twi shoved past Sunset, passing a crying Rarity, and, surprisingly, a crying Applejack too.

The sight sent a shock of horror through her bones. Though Rainbow's clothes had stopped smoking, they were still burnt and torn. She still was very pale, and her wings were still mere skeletons of their former selves. It broke Pony-Twilight's heart to see her friend like this.

Getting to her knees beside the girl, Pony-Twi began checking up on her. As she began to, however, something happened. Something that scared them all, and made their hearts nearly explode from the overflow of emotions.

"Uhh, what happened?" Dash asked.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry for taking so long, but I wanted it to be good!! Hope you enjoy, love you all!!:heart: