• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 1,150 Views, 48 Comments

The Only Cure - Whisper Dawn



Rainbow is hurt. But what happens when the only way to help her is in another world?

  • ...
2
 48
 1,150

Chapter One - The Lady of Flames

"Applejack!!" Rarity cried, throwing herself in front of her. Her necklace glowed as a shield of diamonds blocked the blast.

Rarity checked on her friend. "Are you okay, darling?"

"Never better. Thanks, Rarity." Applejack replied with a smile.

"Oh, don't mention it, darling. After all, we're all in this together!!" Rarity said, hugging her friend as the glow of the gem around her neck died down.

Applejack screamed as a blast of boiling lava came hurtling toward them. "Rarity!! Look out!!" Before either of them could do anything, a blur of rainbows shot towards them, grabbing them and pulling them to safety.

"You guys okay?" Rainbow Dash asked when they were out of harm's way.

"I th-think so," Applejack stammered, trying to catch her breath.

"Yes, darling, I believe we are unharmed. But are you okay?" Rarity asked, looking over Rainbow in concern.

"Have you met me? I'm awesome!!" Rainbow Dash said with a sly smile.

"That's good, sugarcube," Applejack said, with a smile of her own. Rainbow, however, barely heard her as she became a blur once again, barely saving Sunset Shimmer.

All around, the girls were trying to get close enough to the figure hovering far over their heads, shooting fireballs at them with every breath she takes. Without being able to fly, however, most of them can't get close enough to her. Fluttershy gets nervous at every blast, and nearly falls to her demise. Twilight tries, but had a previous broken arm, so she couldn't do much even if she did get to her. And Rainbow could get to her safely, if her natural loyalty hadn't kept her from it for the sake of her friends. So there they were, trying to break through to the girl without getting hurt from her fiery blasts.

The figure, formerly known as Citrus Crystal, was dressed in a moving gown of lava, with char-black skin. Her now-flaming hair was up in pigtails, which dripped lava on the ground below. The wings that had sprouted from her back were glowing red, and were strong and large enough to keep her well above the ground for a good amount of time. But her eyes made her truly scary, with endless black depths surrounding demon-red pupils. The magic in her bracelet on her left wrist allowed her to destroy what she didn't like with blasts of lava, so she could rebuild it as her empire.

"Crys! Stop! This isn't what you want!" Fluttershy called in the loudest voice the others had ever heard her use. The kind-hearted girl had known Citrus, as did Sunset. They were good friends, so she hoped she could break through to her.

"Isn't what I want?!" the girl laughed. "This is exactly what I want. This city will be my empire, and I will be the queen I want to be - the one I deserve to be!!"

With that, she aimed her next shot at Fluttershy. By the time she saw it coming, it was inches from her face, and she didn't have time to scream.

Author's Note:

Hi!!:moustache: I hope you all liked that chapter, there will be more!! I know I'm not the best author, but I hope you didn't hate that chapter!! Sorry for any short chapters in the tale!! More is coming soon!! Enjoy!! :twilightsmile:
Also, the next part has a bit of injury/near-death. If that bothers you, I completely understand. I just wanted to give a heads up. Skip the next one if such violence bothers you. Chapter 3 does cover what happened in 2, so skipping won't cause you to feel gaps in the storyline.