• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 1,150 Views, 48 Comments

The Only Cure - Whisper Dawn



Rainbow is hurt. But what happens when the only way to help her is in another world?

  • ...
2
 48
 1,150

Chapter Three - The Attack

After leaving Rarity and Rainbow in the crystal dome, the others turned and headed back to the figure. She had decided to tend to destroying the city and terrorizing citizens rather than attack them some more. But when she heard running, she whipped her head around to see her enemies.

"You!!" she yelled, venom dripping from her every word. "Why did you come back?! You're not welcome here!!"

Applejack stepped up. "No, yer the one who ain't welcome, Citrus!! Come down and we can end this all friendly-like, ya hear? C'mon, come down now, hon."

"Alright then. If you want to settle this now, fine." She smiled maliciously. "If the fastest of you was that easy to take out, how hard could the rest of you be?" With that, she summoned a glowing ball of magic and aimed her hands at the farm girl's face.

"No!!" Fluttershy cried. At her plea, a small flock of birds flew to Citrus and starting pecking her face. When she fired, AJ was prepared for it, and was able to dodge the attack.

"Whew. Thanks fer that, sugarcube." Applejack said gratefully. "That could've been ugly."

Fluttershy smiled and said, "You have Tether and his family to thank, not me." She gestured towards the crow sitting on her shoulder. There were more crows sitting on the trees behind them. Each one had helped save the honest girl.

As blasts of fire showered all over the grounds, the girls began using their own magic to attempt to stop Citrus. Applejack used her super strength to hurtle things at Crystal, trying to hit her or, at the very least, distract her. Twilight also threw things with her telekinetic powers. Fluttershy and her animals stayed on the defensive end, delaying attacks and throwing off aim. Pinkie chucked sprinkle bombs at Citrus, trying to knock her down. And Sunset... well... she just tried to keep her and her friends safe, as her power was quite hard to use against a villain like this.

"Well," Crystal huffed. "If THAT'S how you want to play, then it's time I finished what I started!!" She redirected her shots towards the crystal dome. Remembering when Rarity's forcefield protected them from the thorns at Camp Everfree, the girls knew the fashionista couldn't hold up her jewels forever. They had to stop Citrus before Rarity and Dash got hurt.

The friends saw Rarity near the face of the dome, pressed up against it, her face twisted in pain. She was obviously pushing herself to her very limit just to save Dash. The girls knew that if they didn't stop Crystal, and soon, it wouldn't be pretty for either friend.

Fluttershy, in a rare show of bravery, unfurled her wings and took to the skies, more silent than a butterfly. She crept up behind the villain as she fired yet another blast upon the shield. Though her friends may have missed it, Fluttershy, from her vantage point in the sky, could see a crack spider across the dome. If those crystals were already cracking, they had to stop her NOW.

The shy girl waited until after the blast, and struck. She slammed herself into Citrus's back, sending them both spiraling down to the ground below, faster than the speed of light.