• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,875 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria: Crossing Over - DubleTruble96



Earth to Equestria in ten seconds flat. But how to get back?

  • ...
4
 14
 1,875

ALTERNATE VERSION: Day 2 - Apples and Elements

Equestria: Crossing Over

Applejack (AKA Ashley) worked in the produce department of the local grocery store, so I would see her frequently when I came in to buy a snack or soda or something. Pinkie (AKA Penelope) worked in a bakery, Twilight (AKA Teresa) was the librarian, Rainbow Dash (AKA Danielle) was a standard citizen and neighborhood runner, Rarity (AKA Rachel) was the new dressmaker down the street and Fluttershy (AKA Fiona) was the new neighbor who had too many pets. I on the other hand, was simply that one teenager who only came out to run errands, get sugary snacks and drinks, and go to school. So all together (despite the hair-dos), we looked pretty 'normal'. For the most part, anyway...

I walked into the produce department to chat with AJ.

"Hey Apple-.....I mean Ashley. How's it going here?" I said.
"Howdy, Austin. Things are goin' pretty good here. Any news of the other elements yet?"
"No, not yet....Dani is keeping her eyes open from above, while Teresa and Rachel look in the city areas and markets. Fiona, Penelope and myself have been looking in the residental areas. Nothing."
"Darn....Ah was hopin' ah could get back home soon....Applebloom will start to worry 'bout me if she hasn't already been worryin'."
"I know, but we're looking everywhere we can....But we still have to keep a low profile...No one knows who you guys REALLY are."
"Ah know, and if any other bronies found out we're here on Earth, we'd be flooded with the varmints....no offence."
"None taken."

Ashley noticed her manager walking nearby, then quickly started to act like she was working.

"Uhh, yeah partner!" She said loudly to me. "The pasta is down in Aisle 3, near the sauces!" She winked.
It took a minute, but I caught on and nodded.
"Uh, thanks miss. I'd lose my own head if it wasn't screwed on right!" I nodded and walked out of sight. The manager walked past Ashley's station and nodded approvingly to her. She just smiled and adjusted her hat, then waited till he was out of sight.

"Okay, coast is clear, Austin. Ya'll can come out now." I walked out and sighed in relief.
"I'll let you know if I figure anything else out. Keep me posted!" I walked down the aisle and picked up what I was after, then bought it and left the grocery store.

"I'd better head back home...." I muttered to myself, opening my soda with a loud hiss. I took a long swig from it and heard something going on nearby. I turned and saw a few kids crowding around what appeared to be a shiny object. I walked over and I both smiled and turned pale when I saw that it was a gold necklace with a red thunderbolt. The Element of Loyalty.

I quickly pushed past the youngsters and scooped it up, putting it in my backpack. That's when one kid yelled at me.

"Heyyyy! Put it back!"
"Sorry kid, but it's my necklace...I must've lost it earlier."
"That's not yours! You wouldn't even wear it!"
"It IS mine, and whether or not I wear it is not your concern." I said with a annoyed huff. I always hated dealing with bratty kids.
"Put it back!" I heard another yell. "Yeah!" "Put it back you big meanie!" "Give us the necklace!"
I groaned and walked away. The kids ran after me and started to hit me. I just pushed them away, not wanting to hurt them. I just needed to get back home with the Element. Suddenly, I heard the kids scream and run away. Oh geez, have I scared them?! I turned around to apologize but was staring at something straight out of a fantasy movie.

There was a pile of apples behind me, with a malicious grin plastered to it's red face. I stepped back and bumped into another pile, this one of green apples. I turned and saw a brighter red pile of apples. They all circled around me and chanted something about truth and lies and all that jazz. I felt my head start to become dizzy and I started to stagger. I heard a deep laughing coming from seemingly nowhere. That's when Applejack, done with her shift, was taking a shortcut through the park and saw me. She knew all too well what was happening.

"AUSTIN!" She ran over and kicked the apple piles, scattering the apples and breaking the spell. I snapped out of it, but I was still really dizzy. Applejack steadied me and looked me in the eyes.

"Austin, ya'll okay? Speak to me!" She said.
"Ughhh.....wha...what?"
"It's okay, Austin....It was Discord....He was tryin' ta put you under his spell! Just snap out of it!"
I felt her hand touch my head, checking to see if I was better. I slowly groaned a bit and blinked a few times, still rather spooked, but came back to the real world.

"A-Applejack? What happened?"
"Discord nearly had ya in his spell...I managed to save you before he could finish it, thank Celestia...."
"Applejack....I....I found the Element of Loyalty."
"Come on, let's get ya back to the house. We can talk there."


"So these apple piles started to circle me, and chanting and laughing and I started to get really dizzy. That's when Applejack came in and saved me."
"So Discord is trying to deharmonize you for some reason, and not us.....Why would he want to do that?" Twilight thought aloud.
"Well, it doesn't matter. We have the Element of Loyalty now!" Rainbow said, clipping her necklace around her neck and smiling. "It feels so good having it back!" She squeaked with happiness, making us all look at her with a smile. "I mean....yeah it's great....my Element is back." She said, covering her emotions up with fake coolness.

"So why would he want me?" I said.
"Well, maybe it's because you're a magnet for the Elements, so maybe if he deharmonizes you, it would have an adverse effect and repel the Elements instead!"
"Sounds legit to me." I said with a smirk.
"What can we do to stop him?" Rarity asked.
"OOH I know I know!" Said Pinkie, wearing a fake mustache and holding her party cannon, a giant butterfly net and a hornet's nest.
"NO PINKIE!" We all yelled at once.
"Awwww." She pouted.

Comments ( 3 )

Huh... Apparently, I read this a while ago... Back in those days... I think, it was in 2016...

I remember reading these alternate-story chapters. But some of the latest didn't exist then. However I'm certain I haven't recalled a word from the earlier chapters... Weird...

10516236
Tbh I'm surprised anybody remembers reading this fondly. :twilightsheepish: It's not exactly my best work. Thank you for coming back though~

10518098
Again, back in those days... MLP was exciting as never before! Now I seem to have lost something... Then, however, fanfiction was a wonder. Also I was more naive... And this here reminds me of those days I consumed every fanfic... Though it is not the greatest work (there's stuff to improve!), it allows to immerse deeply. The "stageplay" wraps around and sucks in. Amazing! Also the "script" at times was easy to guess, but I allowed myself to doubt, if I had guessed it correctly. I suppose, this is the key to satisfaction: having a guess, waiting for the answer, and then confirming it was correct! Makes feel you smart, you know?

Of course, at times certain lines felt just stupid. Fictitious characters say many unlikely things, but some of them are believable to say, while others make no sense! Also: sighing and groaning. Characters are expected to behave in a certain way. It may be bizarre, but it has to be believable! Now, sighing in frustration and giving in seems not. Like: "Please, do this for me!" -- "Uh, I doubt it's sound..." -- "Please!" -- "And one more thing: I don't like it! Dignity and all such... you know?" -- "Plea-a-ase!" -- "No... [frustrated sigh] Oh, alright!.." Nope. You won't see it in real life, for one. And you wouldn't want someone (or yourself) to say this, for two. Also there is no drama in it (in case unwise things have to be said, the rule of drama adds reason for a character to behave "illogically").

Other things were there too, but -- I've been allowing many things in fanfiction, which I would not, if it were original fiction. So I may let it slide :twilightsheepish:. Let us face it: writing fanfiction is rather... amateurish... So... We should tolerate many things... and enjoy them (or at least try to)!

Login or register to comment