• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,875 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria: Crossing Over - DubleTruble96



Earth to Equestria in ten seconds flat. But how to get back?

  • ...
4
 14
 1,875

Q and A

"Hello, Twilight. I got your letter about this creature, so I came down to see it for myself. This is indeed a human." The tall white pony said. What was she a moron? I think we've already established the fact that I'm not from here. Now this is just getting annoying. The pony lowered her head to talk to me face to face. "I'm sure you have a lot of questions." Finally, maybe I can get some answers from them. Now the shoe is on the other foot...erm...hoof.

"Yeah, actually. I do have some questions." I said sharply. "Where in the world am I?" The pony just smiled and I stood up. "You're in the land of Equestria. A world populated by all sorts of magical creatures, including the most numerous, ponies. The 4 ponies behind you are the first four of the Elements of Harmony, and they've helped save this world 3 times." "So if these are ponies, why does one have a horn, 2 have wings, and you have a horn AND wings?"

"Well, Twilight is a unicorn, meaning she can use all sorts of magical spells. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are pegasi, which means they're fast, light, and can fly. They can also walk on clouds. And Applejack is an Earth Pony, or a pony without extra appendages. But that means they're often strong and tough. I'm an Alicorn, meaning I have both wings and a horn. I'm also the Princess of this land. I rule with my sister and-"

"Okay okay! I get it. She's magical, they can fly, and you're magical and can fly. Nice to know. If I wanted your life story, I would've asked."

"Very well."

"Now, I'd like to know what the hell happened."

"What do you mean?"

I rubbed the back of my head, then continued, "Well...I come from a land called Earth. It's a land much like this, only far different. It's a long explanation I don't want to continue, so I'll cut to the chase. I was running through a forest, being chased by a few other officals, and in the haste of my run, I kinda....lept into a chasm. The chasm was super deep, but I suddenly disappeared and found myself falling from the sky above this town....-"

I then relayed the entire past of what happened in the last 30 minutes of my life.

"-....And then they chased me again, and that's when I bumped into you, and here we are."

The princess pony then smiled. "Well that's quite the story, Austin."

"Do you know anyway I can get back into my own world? I mean...No offence, your world is great and all...but...I'd rather be back on Earth, and not....um.....here."

The princess' smile faded, and she said "I'm sorry, Austin, but I don't know any way for you to get back. I'll go back to the castle and research about you and your kind, and maybe that will reveal something useful. But for the meantime, you're going to be stuck here in Equestria until further notice."

"Well how long do you think that would be?"

"It could be only a few hours, a year, or more."

I just turned whiter than the pony standing in front of me.

"I'm sorry, Austin."

"But where will I live? What'll I eat?"

She looked at Twilight. "I'm sure Twilight or her friends could find you some lodgings for the time you're here."

Twilight smiled. "Of course! I'd love to! There's so much I want to know!" I sighed. It beats sleeping on a park bench. But I'd rather not be interrogated. Again. Take whatcha got, I guess. The princess smiled, then left to her castle. Twilight got her other friends in to see me. Joining us was Pinkie Pie, and a white unicorn I haven't seen before. Twilight explained to Pinkie and the white pony about what had happened. When all was said and done, Twilight finally said, "So now that you girls are up to date, you can go ahead and go about your own accord, and if anything happens, I'll inform you."

AJ, RD, Pinkie and Fluttershy left, leaving me with Twilight and the stranger. Twilight said, "Austin, this is Rarity. She's a fashion designer who runs the Carosel Boutique." I blinked, then looked at her. She seemed to be staring more at my clothes than me. "Can I help you?"

"Darling, I'm not the one who needs help. I mean, look at this! Drab grey sweater, blue leggings, and....Sneakers...." She shuddered. "You must simply let me make you better attire!" "Okay, um...these aren't leggings....They're called jeans. They're pants...." Rarity looked at me, confused. I facepalmed, then said, "It's clothes you wear on your flank and hind legs."

Rarity blinked. "You mean like a dress?"

I just sighed. "Well, kind of. Only...Not as loose. and not around your legs, but rather...um....wrapped around. It's hard to explain. But it's usually what males of my species wear."

"Do females wear dresses?"

"Well...yeah...but...not all the time."

"Regardless, you must let me make you something better, Darling."

I looked at Twilight. "Does she call everyone Darling?" Twilight just smiled a little and nodded. When I looked back, I saw Rarity was measuring my leg.

"Do you mind?" I said. "It's a nice gesture and all, but I do not have the same body type as a pony...I'm bipedal. I walk on only 2 legs. Not 4." Rarity just ran off, and I groaned. I wasn't certain what she wanted to accomplish out of that, but whatever. Twilight smiled. "So can I ask you a few questions? And hook you up to an X-Ray machine?" I groaned. This was going to be a very very long day...

After being blasted by heavy amounts of radiation, answering questions for several hours, and a impromptu puppet show to demonstrate how one human would settle a score, Twilight finally got to the last topic. "Okay, this is the last thing I want to talk about."

"F*cking finally! I'm sorry for the foul language, but this was getting irritating. I told you everything about my species from A to Z, so what is it so I can finally have some peace?"

Twilight flipped through a few notes, then smiled. "Well, you've covered everything I needed, but there's one more I'd like to talk about." I made a motion to her to continue her thought. "I'd like to know more about relationships." "Like what? Friendship? Enemies? What?"

"Romance."

"Pretty much the same as your world. Guy likes girl, girl likes guy, they get together, one thing leads to another and suddenly marriage and children."

Twilight giggled. "Not what I mean."

"Then please clarify."

"Well, what would be a sign if a girl liked a guy?"

"Okay, Sparky, I wanna tell you something now. I don't know beans about females. You'd need a female human for that." Twilight looked disappointed. "Could you at least try?" "Sorry." She shrugged (Or at least I think she did) and asked "Well what do guys do if they like a girl?"

"Well...let's see. It depends, but usually the guy gets all awkward, blushes, and does everything he can to AVOID the girl."

"That sounds like our stallions..."

"Told you it was similar."

Twilight put her notes down. "Okay then, Austin, that's all I can really learn." I rubbed my wrists and shrugged. "Yeah sure." I stood up and walked upstairs. "Soooo...what do you do around here?" "Well I'm the royal student and librarian. Moreso a student. What do you do?" "Well, I have no real occupation. But I have a variety of talents."

"Like what?" "Well, I can babysit, I took care of cats, I'm good at playing video games, and I've been able to use this butterfly knife in a variety of situations. Such as cutting myself free of Applejack's rope." I said, motioning to the scraps of rope on the floor near one of the chairs. "I'm also fast and good at escaping sticky situations."

Twilight smiled. "Like what?" "One example is escaping 4 ponies who are hunting me down like a wild animal in order to tie my up and ask me questions." Twilight blushed. "Sorry..." "No no it's fine. I've had it happen before. Only it wasn't ponies, it was 5 yr old kids." Twilight blinked, a little confused at the last remark.

"So, where can a 6 ft tall bipedal humanoid creature sleep?" Twilight scratched her head. "Well, there are only 2 places you could sleep. You could share my bed, or the spare bed in the corner. But it's a lot smaller and not as comfortable." I groaned. "Anywhere else?" "Ummmm....no. There's nothing big enough, and sleeping on wood wouldn't be very cozy..." She said, gently tapping the hard wooden floor with her hoof. I groaned. "Well, I've slept on stranger materials..." "I really don't think you'd fall asleep easily..."

I sighed. "Fine. But please keep to your own side of the bed?...which would be most of it?" Twilight nodded, and went upstairs. "Speaking of, we should probably get some rest." I scratched my head. "erm...well..." "Come on, it's been a long day, so I'm sure your tired." I sighed. She was right. I just didn't want to admit it. I went upstairs, being careful to duck in case I hit my head, and she crawled into bed. I crawled into bed beside her and turned so that I wasn't facing her. "Night Twi." Twilight smiled a little. "Good night, Austin."

The lamp's pull cord then was surrounded with a pink glow, and was pulled down, and then the entire room went black.