• Published 10th Aug 2012
  • 1,875 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria: Crossing Over - DubleTruble96



Earth to Equestria in ten seconds flat. But how to get back?

  • ...
4
 14
 1,875

Day 2 - Apples and Elements

Bright and early, I feel Twilight tug the blankets off of me and I wake from my slumber. I groaned. I was having such a nice time sleeping. Why do I have to ruin it by waking up? Twilight gently gave me a few taps with her hoof. "Come on, sleepyhead. Rise and shine." I groaned again, then got up, rubbing one eye. "Erhnhgle....What time is it?" I looked at her clock and saw that it was 8:30 in the morning. I rubbed my head. "Seriously? I normally wake up at 11! Maybe Noon at times...a human needs his rest ya know!" Twilight just smiled. "Austin, you've been asleep for 12 hours. Your species only requires 6-8 hours of sleep to function properly."

I sighed. Again, she was right. And again, I didn't want to admit it. But I got up anyway and leaned back a bit until I heard my back pop and crack. I just groaned a bit and rubbed my side. I overdid it. Sometimes when I stretch too far or too long, I pulled something in my side and I have to loosen it. It hurts until it's fixed. Twilight saw that I pulled something and walked over. "Are you okay? Are you cramping?" I sighed and groaned a bit, then twisted and I felt the muscle loosen up again. "Nah, I'm fine Twi. I just pulled a muscle." Twilight then sat me back down on the bed. "Well you should be careful. Here, let me help." She got behind me and went to touch my side, and I jumped up. "Whoa, hey. I said I'm fine Twilight. Really. I don't need a chiropractor."

Suddenly I saw a pink glow surround me and she pulled me back down. "Just give me a minute. Maybe I can fix it." "But Twilight, I said I was- AHHHHARGH!" My sentence was cut short by Twilight pushing on my side rather sharply with her hoof. "Oops. Sorry." She said quickly, then she pushed again, and I yelped in pain again. "Sorry again!" I managed to stand up before she could touch me. "OKAY OKAY! I'm fine!....I think you broke one of my ribs..."

A few minutes and another X-Ray later, I walked out with some bandages around my lower torso. As it turned out, she hadn't broke anything. Just a bad cramp. So she made a make-shift brace out of some linen bandages and a safety pin, which I luckily seemed to have in my pocket. The pin, I mean. Not the bandages...We went out, and I said to her, "Hey Twilight, I'm gonna go try to befriend some ponies...Maybe I can feel a bit more comfortable living here." She nodded, then gave me directions for her 5 friends. I went out into town and thought of who I wanted to befriend first. "Okay Pinkie scared me, Rarity seemed too obsessive with my clothing, Fluttershy is kinda strange and shy, and I don't think Rainbow liked me that much...Maybe I'll talk to Applejack...after all, I DID cut apart her rope..."

I set out for the big red barn on the hill, or 'Sweet Map Makers'....or was it 'Neat Cap Takers?'........'Treat Sap Lakers'?.....I couldn't really remember...Maybe I'll ask Applejack when I get there. I went in and looked up at the archway over the gate. It had an apple on it. I looked towards the barn. Hmmm....Apple......Acres of farmland full of apple trees....Nope, still couldn't remember. I continued on, then heard something that sounded like a 'Thump', then a lot more smaller 'thumps', like something falling. I went out into the forest of apple trees and saw Applejack.

"YEEEE-HAWW!" She ran over and reared up, then kicked a tree so hard it shook, and all the apples fell out into the wooden buckets under it. I just stared, shocked and apalled. She smiled. "Oh, well howdy Austin! What brings you to Sweet Apple Acres?"

Sweet Apple Acres..How did I forget that?

"Oh...I....um......what?"

She laughed. "I'm askin' what ya'll are here."

"Oh...um...I'm here to say sorry for the rope...and..-...Did you just kick a tree so hard the apples fell out?" Applejack smiled and tipped her hat. "Well, the apples aren't just gonna jump outta the tree, are they?" I blinked. "Hey, I know a way you can pay back that rope!"

Oh boy...I didn't like the sound of this...

"How about you help me get some apples out? If you do 2-3 trees, I'll forgive ya'll about the rope."

Told you.

"Umm...well that seems fair..." Applejack smiled. "Okay, you go over to those 3 trees over yonder. I'll get you some buckets." She ran off, then came back with multiple buckets. Enough for each tree. She just stepped back, then I looked at the tree. "Umm...hm...."

I tried climbing it, but I fell out. Next I tried just jumping to grab the apples. Nope, I was just too short. I then tried to grab the trunk of the tree and shake it as hard as I could, but it just looked really strange...Finally, I tried kicking it. I hurt my foot, unsurprisingly. I then, out of a fit of anger and desperation, took a running start and....

slammed face first into the tree and gave myself a face full of splinters and a bloody nose. I layed there, holding my face and groaning, rolling around. Applejack gave me a strange look. "Ya'll okay, Austin?.......Austin?"

I blacked out, then woke up in Twilight's bed. I groaned. My face felt like it exploded. It moaned in pain, then looked around. Twilight and Applejack were standing near the bed, talking. I could only faintly hear their conversation.

"So he then ran facefirst into the tree..and that's what happened."
"Well that's quite a story. I'm just glad he didn't break anything."
"I think he's paid the rope off..."

They then approached the bed. "Austin, since we don't know alot about your species, or how it heals, we called in Fluttershy to tend to you while you're like this. "Nng...yar....mmble....garble..." I mumbled in reply. Twilight just smiled a little. "That's good...Okay, come on in, Fluttershy." Fluttershy flew in and saw my condition. "Oh my! You poor thing...Here, let Nurse Fluttershy make it all better..." If I could protest, I would. But all that came out was: "Mmbles...Scarb.....fabble..." Fluttershy then pet my head and gave me a spoonful of.....something. She said it was some sort of home remedy to help heal my face, but to me, it tasted like a mixture of bad cough syrup, mud, and water mixed with salt. It was absolutely awful, but I couldn't really do anything other than swallow, then just screw up my face in distaste. Fluttershy smiled. "I know I know...It doesn't taste good, but it'll make you feel better..." She pet my head again.

Okay, lemme say one thing here. I know I'm an alien from another planet. I know I may be considered an 'animal' by their kind, which is understandable. But I'm not stupid. I don't need to be baby talked and spoonfed medicine. Then again, the fact that I was groggy, hurt, and a little too dazed to really do much of anything but garble my words and make small movements, really left me in a vulnerable state. And when I'm in vulnerable state, with the fate of my actions in the hands....or in this case, hooves....of a few girls, most of which I don't even know that well, all the while one is babytalking to me and feeding me like I'm a 6-month-old baby, it makes me a little uncomfortable and paranoid.

So, using what small movements I could muster, I managed to scoot myself as far away from Fluttershy as the bed would let me. Fluttershy just gave me a warm smile then spoke with Twilight. "Give him this medicine every few hours, and he should be fine by tomorrrow morning." Twilight nodded and set it down near the bed. I just rubbed my forehead a bit. I had a bit of a headache. Well, 'tis to be expected when one decides to run headfirst into an apple tree. I groaned again. I was hoping to be better some other time, but I was in no state to be making ANOTHER escapade away from these ponies. The first 2 times were enough. A third time would be foolish. I sighed then tried to get some sleep, which is hard when your head is pounding and your face feels like a pile of mashed potatoes....

Much much later, during the night, Twilight woke me up to give me some medicine. Like the other 3 times that day, I resisted. And, like the other 3 times, she said, "Oh come on, Austin. Please?" I shook my head, and once again, I felt her magic force my mouth open wide enough to give me that poison, and I swallowed reluctantly. "That's the last of it. If what Fluttershy told me was correct, your face and head should feel better tomorrow. I'll tell you a bedtime story to help you relax." Luckily, by this time, I was able to talk. "Twilight, I'm not a child...I don't need a bedtime story." "You sure? I just want you to get some rest." I sighed heavily. "Okay fine...Whatcha got?" She smiled. "Well it's unlikely you want me to tell you nursery ryhmes or fairy tales, so how about I tell you the story about the Elements of Harmony?"

"Shoot, if it's better than Mother Goose and old pony's tales, then I'm good with anything."

"Once upon a time, a mare was in Canterlot's castle, reading about the Elements of Harmony...an ancient prophecy told about the return of Nightmare Moon...-"

------------------------------


"And after defeating Nightmare Moon and saving Equestria, the kind-hearted princess allowed the young mare to stay with the friends she's made, and give her reports on friendship everyday....later it was changed to when she could make one, so it all worked out. The end."

"Twilight, that story sounded really familiar....Too familiar...." I tapped my chin in thought...."Nightmare Moon...." I said to myself.

"Well, goodnight, Austin." Twilight took the spare bed to make sure I slept easier. I blinked, then fell asleep. "Nightmare Moon...where have I heard that before?" I mumbled.