• Published 11th Jan 2019
  • 1,558 Views, 238 Comments

My Little Punnies - AstralMouse



A collection of very short stories that set up bad puns or word avalanches.

  • ...
1
 238
 1,558

30. Go away, mom

Twilight Sparkle sits on a too-small chair at her old desk, in her old room, reading a book.

"What are you reading?" Twilight Velvet asks her daughter. Seeing her sitting in her room brings a smile to the mature mare's face as fond memories of late nights spent helping her study come back to her. Her daughter's answer surprises her, twisting her smile into a perplexed expression. "Uh, sure, sweetheart. I can leave if you want."

"What? No, you can stay. I like having you around," Twilight Sparkle says.

"Okay, but... I thought you told me, to go away, is all."

"No, that's just what the book is called. It's the one that taught me directions when I was a filly. It's about a mare who is indecisive about where to go, and her daughter just keeps telling her to pick any direction," the alicorn tells her mother. "You don't remember it?"

"Can't say that I do. Can I see the cover?"

"Sure," Twilight Sparkle says, pausing for a moment as she realizes something. "Huh... so this is what it's like being on this side."

"Side? Of what, dear?" Twilight Velvet asks.

"Oh, nothing. Here's the cover."

"Go A Way, Mom."

Author's Note:

This one wasn't particularly clever, but hopefully the wholesome cuteness of imagining a tiny Twilight reading about directions makes up for it.

Also, apologies for lack of updates for a bit there, I really got into some other stuff that stole my attention. Hope you've enjoyed these last 5, including a different Twilight misunderstanding a book title.

Comments ( 14 )

Yeah, nice to see Twilight on that side of the book for a change. :rainbowlaugh:

An inspired, modern take on an old classic. I like it.

eeeh. This one's a bit weak. Others are really solid though.

All around good puns. But keep Sparkle on the other side.

Twilight is finally not on the receiving end.

It looks like Twilight has started imbracing the puns.

Never have I known such pleasurable pain.

TDR

Twi is likly happy to be on this side.

Update plz plz plz plz plz plz!!!!!!!!!

Well, this was quite the nice little read, very silly, but good, hopefully you can make more, although, I will admit, I’m having problems thinking of what new puns can you CAKE (get it cake for make… yeah, I suck at this)

11008265
I made them up. I kinda ran out of motivation, and I haven't felt the urge to continue, though. I did want to reach 50 chapters then call it done, and I still might, but the one I currently ended on is actually just lazy and bad, and I keep worrying I'll do that again. That said, I really really really appreciate your comments. I hope you can forgive me for the final chapter. Otherwise, I am pretty proud of a lot of the puns I came up with, and it makes me incredibly happy to see them making people laugh still. So, thank you for all your lovely comments.

11008800
I will forgive you if you can drop and give me another five.

Seriously, 29 out of 30 is really good. If you wind up with 48 out of 50, 96% is a solid A+

Login or register to comment