• Published 12th Dec 2011
  • 4,174 Views, 118 Comments

Stars Dashing - RobotFox



Decepticons come to Equestria but Starscream sees the ponies in a different perspective namely RD

  • ...
4
 118
 4,174

Intelligence

Chapter 2 Intelligence

The three Decepticon jets made their way through the planet’s atmosphere with ease much like their own and planet Earth. They were in a triangle formation, all of them in their vehicle modes with Starscream in the middle and Thundercracker and Skywarp were on the sides of their wing leader.

“Thundercracker, Skywarp; split up and find anything that can be useful. Remember to report all you findings to Megatron.” The Air Commander ordered his wing mates.

The blue and the purple jets complied by following the instructions their commander gave them. Starscream himself boosted his thrusters and went forward to see anything. While he really didn’t have much of an objective he was looking for anything that might be important, weather it be the actual residence of the planet or a town or anything really.

While looking for anything of interest the red seeker started to look back on all the things that occurred of the last couple millennia before the war. Before the war, Starscream was a scientist and explorer with his partner Skyfire. Back then, all Starscream cared for was see the beauty of the unknown and the science behind it.

However, after losing Skyfire in a developing planet Earth and enlisting in the Decepticon uprising, he started to change. Losing sight of his love for science and exploration, the power of authority corrupted him, to the point where all the things he loved and cared for were now seemed nothing to him, all he wanted was power.

The red jet raced across the skies and just glanced around planet. In many ways it looked a lot like Earth if it was never colonized by the humans. Starscream couldn’t help but feel nostalgia of all the things he did all those years ago. Observing, studying, and everything else he did back then as an explorer.

He couldn’t help it. The jet transformed to robot mode and landed in an open field that was over looking a hill. He took a quick look around the organic planet and merely observed them. It really was a sight to see, it’s been so long since he’s been alone on a planet such as this and just observe. Once again memories of nostalgia came back to him…simpler times…

“Starscream!” a loud voice rang through his audio receptors. “You’re late with your report! Don’t tell me you can’t even do something as simple as that!”

The seeker growled before answering “Starscream here. I’m currently observing the wildlife and the plants.”

“And?”

“The plant life is much like Earth’s, however, I haven’t run into the primary species of this planet.

“Well what’s taking you so long? Go search for it!” and with that the leader tuned out.

The red jet growled as he continued to walk through the open field. It really was a beautiful sight. There were plenty of trees and the grass was greener than most planets. Nearby, close to the cliff, trail could be seen that was also surrounded by trees along the path.

He shook his head. No time to relive the past, he was a Decepticon, and his duty was to conquer this planet. He signed and then made his way to the cliff to catch sight of a town. It was about the size of an average human settlement. The buildings seemed to be a little primitive but they were close to the human standards of construction.

The seeker opened up his cockpit and removed a set of cybertronian binoculars. They are like a small rectangular box with a single optic. It had father range than any human binoculars.

The seeker looked through them and was able to see the town clearly. And what he saw surprised him, they were all Equidae creatures that ran it. They didn’t look too far different the ones on Earth. However from this range, they looked a bit smaller and body structure was a bit different.

He then opened his comlink to Megatron “Starscream calling Megatron…Starscream to Megatron…Acknowledge Megatron.”

“Megatron here. What have you found?”

“It seems that part of the primary residence of this planet is dominated by Equidae creatures.”

“What? What does that mean?”

The seeker smirked. This is one of the few things he could have fun with his leader and that was stumping him with scientific knowledge. “The Equidae family is mostly four legged creatures Megatron. On Earth they were mostly identified as horses or ponies.”

“They dominate this planet?” Megatron asked in surprise, since he actually knew what a pony was.

“Yes, but they unique from the ones on planet Earth. The color ranges are very different here. They range from the colors of Earth ponies to many others, red, blue, pink” he continued to list all the different colors that he saw through his binoculars.

“Interesting.”

“Also they seem to function like any organic society. On a technological level they don’t seem to be very advanced.”

After he finished that statement he gasped. He saw lavender pony with a horn elevating an object with telekinetic abilities. Just as he was focusing on that, a rainbow figure flew by that that caught his attention. He followed the figure to see it stop and got a clear view. It was a sky blue pony but she had feathered wings and a rainbow mane…it really was a strange sight to see. But it really did interest the former scientist.

“What is it?”

“The ponies…some of them anyway…seem to process telekinetic abilities.”

By the silence he could tell Megatron was surprised as well. He stayed quite for a moment till saying “Anything else?”

“Hmph, it also seems that some of them can fly. They process feathered wings like a bird and use them as such. Reminds me of the mythology on Earth.”

“Interesting… Anything else seem important?”

The seeker took a quick look around the town to see nothing else seemed important. “No. There doesn’t seem to be any kind of identity of the town. Otherwise I see nothing.”

“Understood. Return to base.”

“What are the reports from Thundercracker and Skywarp?”

“Thundercracker seemed to come across a town that seems to hover in the sky on it’s own. Skywarp discovered a palace like place. It may be like the government of this planet or if it is like Earth, one for this location. Now stop fooling around and get back to the ship.”

Starscream only smirked in anger as he turned off his comlink before flying into the air, transforming back to his F-15 mode and making his way back to the ship.

--In Ponyville--

Rainbow Dash was currently in the air doing her usual tricks in the air flawlessly. Despite he rushed attitude even she understood that knowing the basics was very important if one was going to learn the more complex.

She wasn’t alone however, Twilight decided to sit back and watch as well as Fluttershy. Applejack had to get back on the farm, Rarity had orders to complete and Pinkie had a party to worry about…not like she was complaining though.

“How come you decided to stay?” Twilight asked the yellow pegasus.

“Oh the animals are all taken care of fortunately. Angel said that he got everything up tight. Though…do you think that is okay…maybe I-”

“I’m sure it’s fine.” Twilight confirmed “How come you’re not with Macintosh?”

“Oh, I couldn’t disrupt his work. It would be most inconsiderate if I was to interrupt his work, besides it’s been quite some time since I spent time with you guys.”

Before Fluttershy announced her recent relationship with Macintosh she has been taking some time away from her friends to spend time with him in secret. She did miss her friends though and Macintosh was the one to actually tell her to spend time with her friends like she wanted to.

Rainbow wasn’t paying much attention to them and was putting all her focus on her moves. If she was going to be part of the Wonderbolts, she would need to perfect everything. After doing a triple back flip in the air and then catching herself in the air, she noticed something on the outskirts of Ponyville.

It was a strange metal looking figure. It was primarily silver with a red secondary color. It also had a black head with blue forearms and hands. It had a yellowish orange in the center of the body with large silver wings. And in an instant she saw it just jump from the cliff and morph into a different figure that was more aerodynamic, it was longer in form and the wings were now flat and it flew off in incredible speed in such a short amount of time.

“Whoa! Did you two see that?” Rainbow Dash asked excitedly.

“See what? Sorry, Rainbow, I guess Fluttershy and I were talking during-”

“Not the trick, that thing that was over out there!” she then pointed with her hoof what she meant.

The two of them looked over and saw nothing. “Um…no.” Fluttershy squeaked.

“Sorry Raindbow, I didn’t see it either. What was it?”

“I don’t know but it was pretty big metal looking thing. Bigger than the trees and it like…transformed or something and flew away.”

“Hmm…” the unicorn thought aloud “Doesn’t ring a bell. Let’s go to my place, maybe we’ll see it in one of my books.”

Rainbow lowered her brows in annoyance know the boredom that will come with it and unenthusiastically “Sure…why not?”