• Published 6th Oct 2018
  • 4,731 Views, 70 Comments

She Who Holds The Crown - An Intricate Disguise



The changeling queen has been murdered, and Chrysalis, a simple male drone, is forced to take her place. She won't stay simple or male for long.

  • ...
16
 70
 4,731
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 16 )

I like Fascia. Reasonable military leaders tend to be a rarity in many stories.

Hmm, I'm hoping Fascia is actually going to be a true backer for Chrsalis and not a plotter. I'm enjoying her character so far, fiery but well meaning.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how you spin the lore of the crown, and the eventual meeting with Celestia.

9271142

Probably has to be, since Chrysalis has done nothing but boneheaded crap starting with the wedding. If she had someone she trusted with solid, wise advice at her side, she likely wouldn't have been so incredibly stupid.

9271037

In real life, as well, if you consider how many nations in the world have wound up being ruled by military juntas after a coup "for the good of all".

I want Fascia to not be a traitor, I really do. But I just don't trust her to not be involved with Clavus's assassination. :<

9275214
Yeah, not just you.
I'm still wondering how Celestia will factor into this.

"Though I understand your reaction. You clearly have no clue what you're doing right now."

Someone is looking for an promotion...

"Allow me to advise you," Fascia said, standing while Chrysalis still sat, body straight and rigid in a soldier's pose. "Dark times are ahead, and you need experienced changelings behind you that understand the political climate, that will help to see our people through the darkness." She bowed her head, a show of respect, and Chrysalis fought the urge to ask her to rise. "I'll fight dutifully as always, but I'll serve you with my wisdom, too. I learnt a lot beside Clavus, and I feel as if I'm the right changeling to teach. I imagine she would have been proud to see me serve you, also."

Called it!

Disguise need to finish all his current projects and continue on this one. I'd commission but I don't have and money.

9441541
Apparently, he does.

Intriguing story so far, but:

A Council Fit For a Queen

I hope you're aware that "council" and "counsel" are different words.

Hasn't updated in more then I year....man a lot of these good stories always end up dead...such a shame

Well, this fic seems abandoned. Shame. While it’s a bit boring and logic isn’t that nice, the idea itself is interesting. Though I can feel writer’s uncertainty about his story and why it’s abandoned.

7 out of 10
Nice idea to read and finish by yourself

Yikes the time flies by. Hope this gets an update some time.

This is a surprisingly fun story. I also hope Fascia is an actual supporter, and am curious how Celestia was supposed to factor into this fic.

Alas. Ah well, what is here was well-written and engaging—I'm admittedly partial to these mental bleedthroughs/changes, as well as changelings. If you ever decide to continue this, you'll have at least one reader xP

Thanks for writing 🙂

9236551

Well, what else are you gonna do if you wander into a changeling hive?

Login or register to comment