• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 1,035 Views, 41 Comments

A New Starting Point - Lunar Flarion



A stallion finds himself in a new universe, which is far better than his own.

  • ...
4
 41
 1,035

Chapter 32: The Wedding (Good Ending)

The wedding was beautiful and lively. The small white alter sat at the edge of the maze, a place Prim and Flare had chosen since they met each other there. The decor of the wedding was of a pure white. The tables were covered with a fine cloth for the guests that had come to see the two wed. However, unlike Midnight and Tattered’s wedding, the two lovers didn’t announce it to the public, they kept it hidden so that no news outlets or reporters coming in and ruining their day. That is another reason why it was in the Royal Garden, so that the ponies who would bug them would stay out and away. Not only that, they didn’t want any of the monster pony vamponies to crash the wedding or attack Flare, something that had happened a little while ago when Flare was walking the streets without his disguise. The pony was arrested for assault, of course; yet that didn’t stop the two from proceeding with their wedding. Nor did they let it dampen their spirits.

As the moon began to rise into the air, the two walked down the aisle and stood at the altar. As they walked down the aisle, they saw the faces of their friends and some relatives. Mainly Tattered Moon’s mother and his siblings had come to the wedding, even though they barely knew anything about either of the ponies being wed. Yet, they gave happy smiles and waved to them, as the two walked by. As the two finally got comfortable next to the altar, Blood Moon began to speak. He told them their names and thanked the small crowd of ponies for coming to their ceremony. He told of their hardships and challenges that they have faced together. He told them about the love that had blossomed forth from friendship. So on and so forth went the stallion, until Flare slowly tuned out as he saw a small bird that stared down at them from the castle window. It didn’t take long before Flare recognized the glint in the bird's eyes, they gave a soft pink twinkle. He didn’t move his head as he looked at Prim, though he dulled his eyes a bit, which amused Prim slightly since she had slowly tuned out as well. Yet, she didn’t notice that his eyes were trained on the bird. He couldn’t help but smile, as he knew who really watched on as the scene unfolded.

“Flare,” Blood Moon asked,” do you take Primrose as your lawfully wedded wife?”

“I do,” Flare answered in a heartbeat.

“Primrose?” Blood Moon looked at his daughter, even as he failed to contain his joy. Smiling, he asked,” Do you take Flarion as your lawfully wedded husband?”

Prim, much like Flare, gave her answer quickly,” I do!”

“I pronounce that your wedding vows are sealed and you may henceforth be known to all as husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride,” Blood Moon said.

Flare leaned forward and kissed Prim softly on the lips, the ceremony had ended, but the wedding had only just begun.

---Several Months Later---

A small, cloaked figure, wearing thick eye protection that hid her eyes, was hanging from the top of the castle, as they looked upon the large city below them. They held something for Prim and Flarion, a gift that a...friend had failed to give them the night of their wedding. To say that this figure knew him and Prim was an understatement. She knew a lot about them, in the friendly, non-stalker kind of way, like a close acquaintance or family member. Their wings held close to their side, as they began to slide down the large castle roof and onto the nearest tower. The idea to get into the castle wasn’t the hardest part about giving this gift to them. No, the hardest part was that they didn’t make a lot of noise so that the heavily armored guards didn’t know they were there; so when they jumped onto the roofing that was made of crystal, they soon found out it wasn’t the best idea. Though, like their father, they were kinda impulsive though they did have a rather small frame, thanks to their mother. This was helpful to land on pure crystal and not make it sound like London Bridge was falling down My Fair Lady. As they jumped from the tall ledge, they tried to angle themselves properly...but failed and faceplanted onto the roof.

They gave off a low groan and said, ”Well, aren’t I just the fairest lady of them all?”

Luckily for her, her flop and fall didn’t make too much noise. They got up and were a little happy that they didn’t alert any of the guards that were watched from the tower they fell onto. Though she did overhear the two or so guards, as they spoke about the night shift and a rather pesky owl. The figure looked around to see if they could spot said owl since it could help them get into the castle because, if they were to fly, that would easily put them easily in the guards' sight, something they didn’t want to happen. Once she spotted the owl, the figure’s lips closed together and they did an owl call. The hoots echoed and alerted the guards to the owl, one of them even cursed and tried to get the bird to leave. This was going all according to plan! The bird came over to them and, with a soft hoot and coo, the figure let the bird fly down to the guards and begin to distract them. They knew their idea was a success, when the guards started to curse and swear as their blades unsheathed. The figure spotted their chance and dove down, past the guard tower and into the open field next to the maze. They didn’t have time to recover from the fall, as two more guards came by on patrol. As they walked by, the figure held close to the shrub they had found and waited for them to walk by. Soon, the figure opened their wings and flew upwards at a quick speed, which spooked a guard that stood guard at the balcony. They heard a shout and quickly swooped back down and slammed the back of their hoof onto the guard’s neck; they squeaked softly and held their hoof, as pain ran up and through her arm. This hadn’t been apart of their plan, though they had to make do. Even if it did mean they had to knock out a guard or two. Once the guard was laid silently to the ground, the figure noticed that their hood wasn’t on completely, so they quickly straightened it and ran into the castle.

It was pitch black inside, yet that didn’t stop them as they ran as silently as they could through the halls and avoided the occasional patrol, the figure found their way to the dining room, where Prince Flare and Princess Prim sat alone and talked. The figure sensed that this was their only chance to give them the gift and the only best time to escape through a nearby window like some sort of hero, minus the grappling hook. With slow steps, the figure tiptoed into the room and clung to a wall opposite of the two. They silently watched their movements, mainly to see if they sensed their presence. The twitch of the Prince’s ear now bothered the figure, their urge to grab and bite it slowly grew. Yet, they yielded against their nature and stepped a little bit out of the dark shadow. As soon as they took a step out, the Prince’s horn glowed and they felt a pressure surrounding their heart and soul as they flew into the air.

“AAAAAH!” The figure screamed as they found themselves thrown into the air by their soul before quickly being slammed into the ground.

“Who are you?” Flare’s words shook the ground and showed how he felt about the figure towards the unexpected visitor.

The princess held close to him, her wings had wrapped quickly around his form, as she glared at the figure. Said figure slowly got up from the quick assault, somehow overcame the soul magic and standing up straight. They felt a soft draft hit their ears, too soon they realized that their hood had come off, yet the eye protection hadn’t. They gave a soft chuckle, much to Flare and Prim’s confusion.

“I’m a friend... well... more than a friend,” the figure’s voice was feminine.

“I don’t know any “friends” that run around in a cloak, wearing stupid goggles, and breaking into the castle at two in the morning!” Flare’s voice carried a weird power that made the mare flinch, as if she had been talked down to by a figure she held in high regard.

“I understand your confusion... but I am here to give you a gift! One a friend of mine could not give you on their own accord!” replied the mare.

This had caught Prim’s attention, she asked, ”A gift? What type?”

“The magical kind!” the mare giggled.

“How do we know you aren’t an assassin sent after us?” Flare questioned as he glared at the mare.

“Do I look like an assassin?” The mare snorted… then realized what she wore,” Don’t answer that!”

“Exactly,” Flare growled.

“Okay, okay,” the mare sat on her flank and held up her hooves,” How about I take off the cloak?”

“And the goggles?” Flare asked pointedly.

“Sorry, no can do on that!” the mare stated,” My friend told me not to remove the goggles at any cost.”

“I believe we hold more power than you friend, if they are to be a pony,” Prim responded.

“In a way… they do hold a little more power,” the mare shrugged,” So, do you want me to take off the cloak or nah?”

“Might as well,” Flare replied as he stood up a little straighter.

The mare nodded and unhooked the small chain that connected the two sides of her cloak. The cloak slid off of her sides and onto the floor. There stood the mare in full view of the two. Her coat was a blueish grey and her mane was purple, blue and a strange mix of it near the left side of her mane, she held a toothy grin. She was… rather fluffy to say the least. Even though she had shown herself, there was still the elephant in the room, apparently a rather small elephant if the small thump was to be believed.

“Oh! That’s right!” she gasped as she grabbed the cloak once more. With a quick search, she pulled out a small silver box with a pretty pink bow. She slowly walked over and presented the gift to the two.

“This gift, when opened, will allow you to travel through different timelines and universes!” the mare announced proudly.

The two stared at the gift, before Prim started to giggle. Flare, on the other hoof, looked very unamused. With a similar unamused tone, Flare growled” You believe that we will fall for that?”

“Nope!” the mare quipped,” But, please, at least open the box?”

Prim looked at Flare and he looked back at Prim. Both silently agreed to open the strange mare’s gift. Flare looked down at the silver box and slowly pulled the pink bow till it loosened and fell off the box. With some hesitation, Flare opened the box and looked inside. Inside were two necklaces that held a small crystal. One glowed a soft blue, the other a light purple, Flare felt a strange form of energy from the crystal, yet, the energy felt familiar to something of his past.

“Ooooh! Shiny!” Prim smiled as she grabbed and picked up the pink necklace and slipped it around her neck.

Flare wanted to tell her to stop, but sighed and grabbed the blue one and slipped it on. He felt a strange energy flowed through his body. Soon, the crystal of both necklaces stopped their great shine and faded.

“It worked!” the mare smiled,” Now, if you think of a place or somewhere you wish to be, just think of it and believe really hard, then POOF! You will appear there!”

“Hm…” Prim hummed as she tapped the necklace.

“Well, I have to go!” the mare replied,” Sorry I can’t stay longer, but I am needed somewhere before dinner!”

“Uh… thanks for the gift… I guess,” Flare gave the mare an awkward grin as she walked away.

“No problem,” she nodded. With a flash of blue light, she disappeared and left the two rather confused.

--???--

The mare groaned loudly as she flopped onto her bed. She stretched and hugged one of the soft pillows that were on her bed, she heard a small caw from the bird that sat on a stand in the corner of her room. She shooshed the bird with a small treat. Finally, with a satisfied sigh, she grinned at the air as the lights turned out and she fell asleep, her mission completed.

You chose:
The Good Ending!

Author's Note:

I want to thank all of you who have stayed with this story till its finish. I truly want to thank you for it.

Comments ( 5 )

9459989
Response: You are welcome!

9459990
I hope you enjoy the story and have a good day ^^

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

Login or register to comment