• Published 5th Mar 2018
  • 549 Views, 7 Comments

Shadowed Moon - Dimond Rainbow



What if the dark sides of Luna and Stygian lived lives separate from their other half? What if Luna and Stygian had a relationship before their madness and banishment? this is about what could happen. READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION!!

  • ...
 7
 549

Strange feelings

Chapter 1:

Celestia and Luna had just finished the first solar eclipse in 10,100 years!

A bright light shot down from the moon and into the everfree, but nopony paid mind to it.

After the excitement of the eclipse died down, Stygian walked up to Luna and says. "The eclipse was beautiful Luna."

"Thanks Stygian even back in the day, you always knew what to say to me to make me feel special." Luna said.

Stygian gets nervous and says. "But did you feel as I did, that some dark force was coming during the eclipse?"

Luna nodded and spoke."You felt it too huh? We'd had better watch out for anything suspicious."

Stygian agrees, but neither tells Celestia or Starswirl of their worries.

A young filly around 9 with teal eyes, a grey coat, and a teal and lavender mane, she was a unicorn.

"So what did you think of the Eclipse Star shine?" Twilight asked the filly as she walked her back to her foster home, the tall filly beamed and said:

"IT WAS AMAZING! IT WAS LIKE NIGHT TIME DURNING THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY! IT-IT I'LL NEVER SEE ANYTHING AS BEAUTIFUL IN EVER!" Star shine smiled wide as Twilight waved to her as she left, then a rock hit the back of her head making her head snap around, only to get hit in the snout with another rock.

"HEY!" She snapped at the group of colts and fillies she went to school with.

"Hey guys, The night owl is awake must because of the pretty lights!" Blazing torch chortled.

"A freak like her couldn't understand how AWESOME the day is, she spends all her night up, looking at the stars and moon!" Sunny daze Guffawed.

"I don't spend all night up! At least I have some common decency!" Star growled only to get a few more rocks chucked her way, but she didn't feel anything, and the 'Kool Kolts' had went silent.

She opened her eyes and her jaw went slack.

She was surrounded by a white shield, and the magical Arora belonged to the one any only Princess Luna.

The others bowed low, but Star shine just stood awe struck, frozen it that moment.

Her room was filled with star charts and posters of the Princess, even a doll or two, even though she would deny it.

"What is the Meaning of this Children?" Luna stated firmly, she had been going to the cloud chariot that was waiting but the commotion drew her attention.

"We-we uh they uh..." Blazing gapped.

"he, uh they..." Even Little chatty Sunny shut her muzzle.

"You all should be ashamed of yourselves! Tis wrong to pick on other because of differences!" Luna said, right after she finished the group of foals raced off.

Star Shine shook her head and couldn't believe her eyes or ears, the princess, her hero, had stood up for her! Her a simple orphan! "I... Uh... THANKS!Er Princess." Star bowed low and mentally face-hoofed at how casual she had spoken to the co-ruler.

"No need to Bow." Luna waved a hoof and Star rose slowly.
"What might your name be My little pony?"

"Uh... Star shine Your highness..." She said wide eyed.

"It is nice to meet you Star, how often do they tease you?" Luna asked as she walked the filly the rest of the way home.

"Everyday, but I'm used to it, Nopony wants to hang out with the freak who knows more about the stars than most scholars..." Star muttered.

"You enjoy night time, yes?" Luna asked.

"Are you kidding I don't like night time!" Star paused and Luna's face fell slightly.
"I LOVE NIGHT-TIME! ALL THE STARS THE GENTLE GLOW OF THE MOON! I LOVE NIGHT! If I could I would be up all night!" She reared back.

Luna chuckled at her enthusiasm, she at one time was like that, but she was much older. But something about this Filly seemed so similar to her yet she couldn't put her hoof on it.

Star waved Goodbye to the princess and ran up to her room, She talked with the princess as if she was a long time friend not the co-ruler of her home and bringer of the night. But it felt so natural, when she bowed it felt so odd, so forced. She just didn't get it! Neither did the princess, both mares were vexed by it but let it slide.


It landed in the old Castle of the two pony sisters. But this was not anypony, no this was the infamous Nightmare moon!
But she was not the only pony who was inside the old, crumbling, Castle. No, the pony of Shadows, Shadow was living in the ruins.


The Stallion walked slowly to the mare. No longer was she clad in armor, she could be considered bare, her starry mane flowed loosely, and her eyes were wide in fright, and her breaths ragged.

She backed away from him, as he crept closer to her, not uttering a word, his shadowy form silent.

"Stay back!" She growled trying to fire up her horn, but it fizzled out. She gawked at her horn, although she didn't have Magic it was still sharp.

"You... Are the most beautiful Mare my eyes have laid on, I must have you as my queen..." Shadow breathed.

"Your WHAT?!" Nightmare yelled in pure rage.


After she calmed down, He led her to a room, Luna's old room.

"I must ask you to reconsider..." Shadow said as Nightmare ran a hoof along the silken sheets on the bed.

"Fat chance." She scoffed.

He walked out defeated, but the battle was not over, at least not yet, not until he said so.


That morning, When Nightmare Moon awoke, she went to comb her mane.

(Why would she do that it's like non-existent?!)

When the brush did not come up to her mane, she opened her eyes and gawked at her reflection.

She was AN EARTH PONY?!

Just then Shadow walked into the room, he was an Earth pony as well.

"What the Hay did you do to me?!" Nightmare screeched making the king back up.

"Well I figured you wouldn't want to stay cooped up, so uh, I figured that we might be able to go to different towns..." Shadow said he no longer looked shadowy, but instead had a dark grey coat, black mane and red eyes, with a shadow as his cutiemark.

Nightmare's coat was black but slightly lighter, her mane was long blue and purple streaked, her teal eyes shined, and her cutiemark was still a moon but the usual splotch was just a little darker than her coat.

"HOW DARE YOU!" Nightmare held the brush like a weapon in her hoof pointing it at him.

"Calm down, it is not permanent!" Shadow snapped at her angrily.

"I Nightmare Moon! Demand you return me back to my former glory! Or I shall de-!" She roared only to have a hoof placed on her lips stopping her rant and for some reason sending shivers up her spine.

"I did not do this to harm you or over power you, I did this to get to know you!" Shadow moved his hoof from her ajar mouth to her chest and continued.
"I want to get to know the you inside..."

Nightmare Moon gulped and stared at his eyes and he stared back at her.
She blinked and looked away, thankful her coat was dark enough to hide her blush.

Shadow walked out of the room with Nightmare in a dazed tow, her mind racing.

When their eyes met it was like a match had been lit.
What is this feeling I am Feeling? {Nightmare studied the ground as they walked}
How can I tell her how I feel? {Shadow glanced back at Nightmare who had just looked up}
How did this happen to me, {She looked down quickly but still glancing up at Shadow from the corner of her eye}
I thought that I was untouchable
But how did he touch my heart?
When did this start
Are these true feelings of my heart? {He walked on through the forest his mind racing trying to Identify his Feelings}
What is this feeling that is making me soar? {the forest around them seemed to come Alive as they walked in the direction of a town, unknown to each}
When did I have a heart
How is this thing possible!
I don't know what to say it must be{They looked at each other for a second with soft expressions}
No, I cannot love
Not when you're a nightmare such as I... {Nightmares head snapped away and she hung her head, with eyes closed}
I haven't a heart
This is impossible
But then why do I feel this way? {Shadow glanced back at her but shook his head and looked forwards}
What is happening to me?
Why is it just a simple glance
Is making my heart dance? {She glanced up at him but looked away trying to clear her mind of these thoughts, but her blush raged on}
]What is this feeling that is making me soar?
When did I have a heart
How is this thing possible! {They each were lost in their own thoughts but could not stop glancing at the other}
I don't know what to say it must be
How is she drawing my eye?
Even with my hooves firmly on the ground {He shifted his wings uncomfortably}
Why do I feel as if I fly?!
He is making my head spin
What kind of spell am I weaved in? {Nightmare had a thoughtful look on her face}
What is this feeling that is making me soar?
When did I have a heart
How is this thing possible!
I don't know what to say it must be
How am I feeling my heart race?
When did I last think a thing Beautiful?
What is it I am feeling
When did this feeling start
How do I feel as if I have a heart?
What is this feeling that is making me soar?
When did I have a heart
How is this thing possible!
I don't know what to say it must be
]Love~~~~~~~~ {Their eyes met briefly but their gaze was broke by the bustle of Trotingham as the music fades out into the noise of the city}

They stayed close to each other as ponies rushed past or got into brawls.

"I can't Believe how much Equestria has changed over the past thousand years..." Nightmare murmured as Shadow led her through the throngs of ponies.
Neither of them did but, this was the world they were thrown back into.


One month passed and Nightmare woke up as a Pegues.

And the duo traveled to Cloudsdale, as a very close pair.


Once again, another month passed and this time they were Unicorns!

They hadn't gone to Canterlot, the risk was too high lest someone recognize them, they went to Vanhoover.


And after that month was over they woke up in Shadow's chambers snuggled closely together, and returned to their original forms.


Over the past three months they had grown close, very, very, very, VERY close!

So much so they had shared a few short brief kisses, hugs, and of course their favorite Cuddling.

Over the course of the rest of the year they fell more and more in love.

Author's Note:

So what do you think about this? I wrote the song, so it's an original! please enjoy and as always PLEASE R/R!

Author note: What is the dark force Stygian and Luna felt? And what maybe the reason Star Shine felt awkward with the formalities with the princess? Continue reading to find out but feel free to review guesses.