• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 10,588 Views, 211 Comments

Anthology of Interest Two: The Sequel - Sleipnirs Foal



The sequel of MLP: Anthology of Interest. This time with Celestia, Luna and Spike

  • ...
8
 211
 10,588

The End? - Yes

Twilight Sparkle slowly walked up the stairs to her bedroom, Spike clinging to her back. After finishing their viewing of the 'what if' machine, the princesses had insisted on taking the 'slumber party' to the main floor. There she sat, awed and disenchanted as her two rulers played board games, built pillow forts, and ate all the food in her icebox; all while giggling like schoolfillies. Finally, after what felt like hours, the two settled down to sleep on the library's largest couches.

The purple scholar yawned deeply as she opened the door to her room. Spike grumbled, “You never let me jump on the furniture.”

“You're not my teacher and/or a princess of Equestria.” Twilight responded as she levitated her assistant to his basket, the baby dragon was snoring before he hit the pillow.

The unicorn was more than eager to join her friend in slumber. She turned to get into her own bed, then stopped in her tracks.

Celestia lounged in Twilight's bed, reading a purple bound notebook floating lazily in front of her. As if noticing the unicorn for the first time, the princess looked up and said, “It's very clever of you to write your diary in the Elder Fetlok runic alphabet. That's an excellent way to keep your secrets from curious eyes.”

Twilight's only response was to stare at her teacher, her mouth nearly reaching the floor.

When it became apparent that no vocalizations were coming, Celestia continued, “Though what's really impressive is that you've written the whole thing in Old Horse. I haven't used that since we studied the sagas of Northern Equestria when you were a filly.”

Recovering from her catatonia enough to panic, Twilight leaped into the air and snatched the book from her mentor's grip. Dashing over to the sleeping Spike, she roughly poked his belly causing a jet of flame to consume her diary. The unicorn let out a sigh of relief as her innermost thoughts vanished in a puff of smoke. She then gasped in terror as the smoke cloud flew straight toward Celestia, and rematerialized into an unscathed notebook.

Cursing dragon fire and magical parchment, Twilight snatched up the book again and stuffed it in her bedside drawer. Celestia watched this whole display with amusement and more than a little regret, both for invading her student's privacy, and for not getting to any of the good parts.

After forcing herself to calm down the little pony managed to ask, “Princess! What are you doing up here? I just saw you and Luna downstairs sleeping.”

The solar mare flashed her student a smile before answering, “To be perfectly honest Twilight, Luna snores like a manticore with a sinus infection. I think it has something to do with her being the hippomorphic personification of the night and all that it relates to. Unfortunately this means I can never fall asleep in the same room as her, so I decided to bunk with you tonight.”

As if to corroborate her story a thunderous roar resonated from the lower part of the library. And it did indeed sound exactly like a manticore with a sinus infection (something Twilight had the misfortune of knowing about after helping Fluttershy at her cottage one day).

Twilight wanted to argue. In fact she wanted to do a lot of things, including but not limited to: screaming, blaspheming, and regicide. But she was just too tired. Yawning once again, the purple unicorn climbed into bed next to her teacher.

“Goodnight Celestia.”

“Goodnight Twilight.”

“Goodnight Twilight! Goodnight Princess!” A voice said from Twilight's other side.

“Pinkie Pie.” Twilight said without opening her eyes, struggling to keep her voice even. “You're in my house again.”

“Yeah.”

“And you're in bed with me and the princess.”

“Uh-Huh.”

“Why?”

“I dunno, it just seemed like something I would do.”

Sensing that her student was about to lose her already strained grasp of sanity, Celestia interrupted. “Pinkie dear?”

“Yeah princess?”

“Luna is sleeping all alone downstairs. Don't you think it would be nice if you went down there to keep her company?”

The earth pony's eyes lit up and a grin stretched across her cheeks. “That's a great idea!”

In a single motion the pink mare was out of bed and hopping through the door. Celestia chuckled at the pony's antics before turning to Twilight to say, “There, I think that solves that problem quite nicely.”

But her comment fell on deaf ears. Twilight was fast asleep, and she'd be damned if anything woke her before 2 p.m.

Author's Note:

Well, there you go. That's the end of the story, I hope you enjoyed reading it. I'm not planning on writing another sequel, so if any of you want to continue this story arc, you have my permission to do so.

Comments ( 30 )

Yet the story is still tagged incomplete...?

Better mark the story complete then. Oh well, all things come to an end.

I was amused and entertained. A good yarn!

And with that, it is... FINISHED! So that's why it was still marked as incomplete, you needed to write the finisher. Well, it's a nice little end to a nice little batch of stories. I'm glad I read them, and I will say, thanks for writing them. Also, I loved how Pinkie just kept appearing at random instances throughout the story. Priceless.

Comment posted by Lendg deleted Mar 15th, 2013

Hm so Twilight's not going to ask the machine a question huh? Well maybe she will in a sequel.

Great end :pinkiehappy:

Though a little continuity wouldn't hurt... Hell, I might even try my hand at it.

Man you go on hiatus come back and finish it in two chapters? Damn. Anyhow good story.

Pinkie Pie reminded me of Homestarrunner right there.

Regicide, wow...:twilightangry2::rainbowlaugh:

mother fucking GENUS

This could lead to many more spin-offs I feels but I'll be damned if it did't end awesomely!

thank you for this good sir, no matter how short it was

Awwww, it's over. Oh well.:pinkiesad2:
Thanks for the laughs while it lasted.

2220190Definition of GENUS

1
: a class, kind, or group marked by common characteristics or by one common characteristic; specifically : a category of biological classification ranking between the family and the species, comprising structurally or phylogenetically related species or an isolated species exhibiting unusual differentiation, and being designated by a Latin or latinized capitalized singular noun
2
: a class of objects divided into several subordinate species:rainbowderp:

Uhh Princess? Getting awful familiar over there!

hippomorphic personification I like that

A very nice finale. Good job. :twilightsmile:

2221410
laugh it up. i cant spell. and chrome auto correct only works to a point

Comment posted by LonMcGregor deleted Jan 9th, 2017

2223056 Aw i'm just playing. Don't take it badly. I wasn't trying to offend you. :heart:

2224770
i did'nt mean it that way

2221586 "Quit poking me with your hoof!"

"...That's not my hoof."

Hmm...
Needs more bestpony. :derpytongue2:
I may need to rectify that.

Oh mighty great one! We need more questions asked! More sequels will bolster our confidence!

You're the only one that can best the might of Lord Inglip!

Please, Sleipnirs Foal, the internet will fall to the dark forces without you!

Help us, S-F (one brony), you're our only hope!

The end huh, never mentioned the destruction of the machine now did you?

Funny stuff, hope to see more.

Read both parts; commenting on them collectively here.

As the "Anothology of Interest" episodes were among my favorites in Futurama, this pony-fied take on it was really amusing. The parts I especially enjoyed were the ones of Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Celestia, though I liked both parts as a whole and they got more than a laugh out of me. :rainbowlaugh:

It's a shame that you're ending it here, though, as I would have liked to see what the CMC would have asked the machine. :applecry:

Oh well, whether you change your mind about it or not is up to you. In the meantime, just keep up the good work.

I reviewed your story tonight you can find it here

I hope you do a Young version.

Login or register to comment