• Published 7th Jan 2018
  • 8,433 Views, 85 Comments

A Tricky Love Interest - Israel Yabuki



A clopic between you and the Great and Powerful Trixie

  • ...
12
 85
 8,433
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 31 )

And another one done. Any plans on who's next?

Once again, excellent work, Israel.

8703451
Dragon Lord Ember is next

8703455
Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! So much hype! It sounds like itโ€™s gonna be an amazing story yet again produced by you.

So glad the chapter is up! Loved it.:twilightsmile:

Great job as always after Ember who's next?

I would like to give a friendly advice, the next time you give the MC(male character) a nickname, let them have it some time during the bonding process or even at the start with their love interest, and not at the very end of the story.
I mean come on they were together for months and only now does she decide to give a nickname? its a trap you've fallen into multiple times and i wish i'd pointed it out sooner.
Overall its a nice addition to the series.

Starlight and Chance named their daughters Starshine Glimmer and Lucky Star

Is that a Madonna reference?

8713207
Madonna? Is that a show or a movie?

8713695
I thought you were referencing the song "Lucky Star" By Madonna, who was a popular pop singer in the 80" s.

8714227
no, Lucky Star was a reference to the anime show Lucky Star

I understand what your trying to do with the main character, but I stopped listening to the story shortly after purple smart is introduced.

You made the mistake of not making the main character likable in any way. You gave him no redeeming qualities up to that point and I found myself not caring in the least about the boy with Asperger syndrome.

Nothing against you, many young writers try to make angsty, snarky, emotionally screwed up characters. There is nothing wrong with this. but you have to also make the character likable. Perfect example of what I am talking about being done right is the story "If This Is Hell, I've Been A Good Boy by Greyson"

The Monk

8829068
Aspergers, huh? I didn't know I had given him that syndrome, considering I got diagnosed with Aspergers back when I was 7, and to be honest, I don't exactly talk about my own personal health problems because I don't like the idea of being showed pity because of it, so back on the subject of aspergers, my doctor told me that despite my condition, I'm highly functional, she even told me that her daughter has the same syndrome and to see that I can take care of myself despite my disability, she said I was a walking miracle.

Now on the subject of the story, I'll be sure to take this constructive critisism into consideration when I'm ready to post my next story

8829147

Again, I couldn't get past twilights entry into the story because of how the main characters portrayed, but, yes up until that point he comes across very much as Aspergers. In my opinion your a good writer, and I like several of your stories and have them recorded as audio books in my iTunes.

As for disabilities, there are several people on this site who like me are physically blind, so I don't think any less of you for your condition either. Your a good writer, you just , in my opinion messed up this main character, early on. Think about the great bad guys in film and in TV. Yes they may be bad, but we like them because they have some fun or great qualities. Its these likable qualities that make us want to secretly root for them.

Syndrome from "The Incredibles" Rumplestilskin from "Once upon a time" Discord from that one little girls kids show I can't remember the name of.

(Yes I know your character isn't a bad guy. But this is the easiest example to get my point across to you and anyother writers who may read this.)

The Monk

EDIT

I understand where you are coming from about pity. I have had conversations on this site where people are absolutely shocked that I have a full time job, and that I work in the IT industry. Just because Im blind doesn't mean I'm an invalid.

8829268
Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, when I first started writing clop, I was only doing one-shots and the Twilight is without a doubt too rushed and looking back at the protagonist, I think I should have improved his character a little bit, maybe I'll post a blog and ask you guys if I should re-write some of the stories I've made about Twilight and her friends.

8829465
I don't see why.

Writing is like playing a guitar or piano, its something you learn by doing. It is an art, while our earlier art may not be as good as what we will produce three years from now, thats no reason to be ashamed of what you did early on. Its still your art after all. comparing it, lets you see your growth as an artist.

And don't let anyone fool you, Writing is an art and you ARE an Author.

The Monk

8946774
First chapter when Mystic was wondering if him being an experiment was his purpose in life it almost how Mewtwo said it in the movie

8946868
oh, yes. That was intentional

9329214
Oh I see thatโ€™s cool thanks bro, keep up the great work! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Ž

9899643
You're a Pokefan too. Same here.

10197350
Say, how many kids does Mystic and Trixie had and what are their names?

10454039
I feel proud that I caught that immediately.

Surely the experiments done on Mystic would be illegal, correct?

Login or register to comment