• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 1,750 Views, 114 Comments

Super Stallion - PioneerofImagination



Mild mannered janitor Squeaky Clean finds a strange sphere that can change him into the superhero of Equestria and has decided to use this gift to battle the forces of evil.

  • ...
14
 114
 1,750

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9 The Grand Galloping Gala

"Tonight's the big night," Squeaky said as he put on a tuxedo he bought. "Me, and Princess Celestia, and Twilight but I'm not as excited about that." Squeaky then combed his mane to put the finishing touches on his look for the Gala. "There we go. Tonight's the night I finally tell her how I feel, and maybe, just maybe she'll feel the same." Squeaky wasted no time at all getting out the door and made his way to the castle.

Many other ponies were making their way to the Gala as well, including Twilight and her friends who like Squeaky were very excited that their night at the Gala was finally here. Squeaky wasted no time and made his way to the entrance of the castle where he soon ran into Twilight and Princess Celestia who was welcoming other guests.

"Hi Squeaky!"

"Hello Twilight, wow that is a beautiful dress." Of course it's nothing compared to Princess Celestia herself.

"Thank you, my friend Rarity made it for me."

"Well I hope you and your friends have a great time at the Gala."

"Oh we will, it's already off to a great start Princess Celestia said she wants me by her side the whole night."

The whole night?! Are you kidding me!? It’s going to be a little difficult to have some alone time with the princess if that's the case. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get the princess to myself at some point. I just need to play it cool.

"Hello Squeaky welcome to the Gala," Princess Celestia said, who to Squeaky, looked even more beautiful than usual.

"HELLO!" Squeaky yelled, getting the attention of multiple other guests nearby as well as shocking Twilight and the princess.That's not playing it cool you idiot! "I mean hello and thank you, very excited to be here."

"I wouldn't have guessed," The princess replied with a smirk. "Well glad to have you here, why don't you stand next to Twilight?"

"You don't have to tell me twice." Squeaky then stood by the Princess’s side opposite of Twilight. Both of them tried to speak to the princess but both barely got a word in edgewise as the princess had to welcome every single pony coming up the stairs. "How many ponies did the princess invite to this thing?" Squeaky whispered to Twilight after going over to her side.

"I know right," Twilight replied. "I didn't come here to just stand by the princess. It looks like talking to her is going to be a magic trick in itself."

"Wait here I've got an idea." Squeaky then made his way to the entrance where the guests were coming and saw there were still quite a few coming in. At the end of the hall he saw Stone Wall looking over the guest list. "Hi Stone Wall."

"Not now Squeaky, I'm looking over the guest list."

"Yeah, about that, see there are a lot of ponies coming in and I'm sure the princess doesn't want to stand around greeting the guests all night. Any chance you could speed things up a bit?"

"Not a chance. Every guest has to get through me or one of the other guards here to make sure only invited guests get in. On a night like this I especially need to make sure thieves, or pony nappers, or whatever don't get in. As for the princess, if she wants to waste time welcoming every single pony that got an invitation to this over-blotted party that's her problem."

"So there's nothing you can do to speed this up?"

"Nope," Stone Wall answered rather bluntly. "Believe me I'd much rather be doing anything else right now, but the guards and I have to check everypony here is on the guest list."

"Um there's probably an obvious explanation to this but, can't you just get a few more guards to help you with this?"

Stone Wall paused.

Squeaky was then sent to get a couple more guards to help him out their captain resulting in the guests getting in much faster.

"I can't believe I never thought of this before," Stone Wall said.

"Well sometimes it really helps to get an outside opinion," Squeaky said and in what felt like no time at all all the guests made it into the castle.

"Thanks for the idea Squeaky."

"No problem, Stone Wall. And since all the guests are in you can finally enjoy the party."

"Not a chance!" Squeaky nearly jumped back from the captain's answer. "I can't stand these fancy parties. If you want to give it a try go ahead but I'm sticking to a patrol."

"Oh, well if that's what you want to do."

"It is, trust me it is," Stone Wall said as he and the other guards went off.

“He really needs to learn how to lighten up,” Squeaky Clean said with a groan. Squeaky returned to Princess Celestia and found she and Twilight had finished greeting the last of the guests.

"I think that was the last guest princess.”

"I believe you're right Twilight, and something tells me we have Squeaky Clean to thank for that."

"Oh it was nothing," Squeaky said while rubbing the back of his head. "I just gave Stone Wall an outside opinion."

"Well I think I'll get some fresh air." Princess Celestia then made her way to the court yard but planned to go through the grand hall first.

"Thanks so much for this Squeaky, now I can spend all night with the princess."

"Well, maybe not the whole night," Squeaky replied but Twilight had already left. “Hey, wait for me," Squeaky said as ran to catch up.

"Oh look princess, it's my friend Rarity."

"I see and she appears to be with my nephew Prince Blueblood. Would you like to say hello?"

"Sure princess!" The 2 of them as well as Squeaky Clean who caught up made their way to Rarity and her date.

"Oh hello auntie I'd thought I wouldn't see you until much later."

"I thought so too until they started coming in a lot faster."

"Well I'm having a wonderful time auntie." As he said that Squeaky noticed that the mare by his side Rarity was somewhat forcing herself to smile for the princess. When the princess continued her way outside and Twilight followed, Squeaky stayed with the spoiled price. "Can I help you with something?"

"Yes actually," Squeaky replied. "I'd like to talk to you in private for just a minute." Prince Blueblood then reluctantly followed Squeaky a few feet away from his date.

"Well out with it and don't touch me who knows where your hooves have been, I just got myself groomed," Blueblood said in an orderly tone.

"Well I don't want to waste anytime so I'll just get straight to the blackmail." Saying that whipped the smug look off of the prince's face. Squeaky pulled out a photo from his tuxedo and showed it to Blueblood whose face was filled with fear.

"Where did you get that?!" The photo was Prince Blueblood sneaking back into the castle at a very late hour that Squeaky had taken a while back.

"I took this when I saw you sneaking around the castle one night looking for an entrance. I found a camera in no time and took this figuring it might come in handy."

"H-How would a harmless photo like that come in handy?" Blueblood asked, trying but failing to hide his fear.

"Harmless for me maybe, but you that's another story. I worked here long enough to know for a fact that Princess Celestia doesn't like it when you come but from the castle that late. Maybe she should see this."

"No!" The prince said, almost getting into a pleading position. "No please don't show her that, if auntie saw that she'd kill me."

"You just be on your best behavior tonight with that nice mare over there that I could tell from just looking that you've been, well you, and I'll make sure "auntie" never sees this."

"My best behavior, how dare you! She should feel privileged that I'm allowing her to bask in my presence."

"Oh well so much for that. Princess Celestia!"

"Okay! Okay! I'll be on my best behavior." Prince Blueblood then made his way back to Rarity but then turned his head back to Squeaky. "Unless you follow me around all night you won't be sure if I "behave" myself or not."

"Do you really want to take that chance?" Prince Blueblood then walked back to Rarity and offered her a drink and hor'dourves. "Guess not." Squeaky then quickly made his way outside to catch up to the princess. Now if I can just get the princess to myself.

Finally outside Squeaky found Princess Celestia who was sitting on a bench with Twilight. Squeaky then saw some food and drink being served outside so he grabbed a plate, a hoof full of snacks and a tall glass of water and approached the bench. "Hungry princess."

"Actually I am thank you Squeaky." The princess then took the plate and offered some to Twilight who ate a little. "Would you like to sit down."

"Yes I would actually." Mostly because I can sit next to you. Squeaky sat down next to the princess and the 3 talked about various things for a few minutes. Before long the food Squeaky brought was all gone.

"I'll be right back, I need to get some more food."

"I'll get it for you princess!" Squeaky said as he stood up surprising both the princess and Twilight who was about to do the same.

"Oh you don't need to do that."

"It's okay I don't mind really."

"Well if you're getting more could you get me some please?"

"Sure Twilight." Twilight then noticed that the place where Squeaky got the food last time was all out.

"Uh oh, it looks like you'll have to head back into the grand hall and back."

"Actually Twilight I believe there's another place outside serving food, you can get there by short cutting through the garden." Hearing that from the princess, Squeaky headed through the garden to find her something else to eat.

Wait a minute, if I just waited a minute Twilight probably would have left to find the food, Squeaky thought as he went through the garden. Shoot! I could have let her and then I would have been alone with the princess! As Squeaky continued walking through the garden he noticed a pegasus that went by the name Fluttershy all alone and looking troubled. "Hey are you alright?"

"Huh?"

"Are you lost or something?"

"Oh no, see I'm trying to befriend all the lovely creatures in here but none of them will come out at least not for very long."

"Oh I see, I'm Squeaky Clean by the way."

"My name is Fluttershy." Squeaky then offered his hoof and she awkwardly shook then turned around to look for any nearby animals. "I only came to this Gala for the animals, oh I really wish something in this garden would at least come out and say hi to me."

"Hi!" Swift Sweep said coming out of nowhere and scaring the pants off Fluttershy who jumped a few feet in the air.

"Swift Sweep? What are you doing here?"

"Oh hi there Squeaky I heard her saying she wanted something to say hi so I said hi. Happy to help."

"Actually I meant the animals in here," Fluttershy said after taking in a few deep breaths from getting spooked.

"Oh, that probably makes more sense." Swift Sweep rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment while Squeaky was rather deep in thought.

"Actually Fluttershy I think I can help you," Squeaky said. "Swift Sweep, can you find a big bag of food for the animals and bring it here?"

"No problem." Swift Sweep flew off and in no time at all came back with the bag. Squeaky then opened it with his magic and poured it on the ground then pulled Fluttershy and Swift Sweep to the side along with the bag. After a minute numerous animals came out to eat and Fluttershy was about to fly straight at them but Fluttershy was stopped by Squeaky Clean and Swift Sweep each grabbing a front hoof.

"What are you doing?"

"What are we doing, what are you doing?" Squeaky asked Fluttershy as he and Swift Sweep let go of her.

"I want to go see the animals and make friends."

"If that's how you've been doing it, no wonder you haven't befriended them yet," Swift Sweep nodded in agreement.

"What do you mean?"

"Well how would you feel if some creature came charging at you?" Swift Sweep asked.

"Oh, I didn't think of it that way," Fluttershy answered. "I can't believe it, I was so focused on making new friends I forgot the right way to approach animals."

"Plus the animals here are abnormally shy," Swift Sweep added. "I haven't been working here that long but it doesn't take long to figure out." Squeaky Clean then used his magic to get some more food from the bag and offered it to Fluttershy who held it in her hooves.

"The night is still young so try again to make some friends. But it might take a while and if you don't there's always next time."

"Thanks Squeaky, I'll remember that." Fluttershy then placed the food on the ground and then a rabbit slowly came over to her to eat the food next to her. Seeing that Squeaky Clean and Swift Sweep left her alone with the animals. After leaving the garden the 2 janitors split up and Squeaky saw where the food was being served.

"There it is, and plenty of it." Squeaky headed over to the food and got plenty for him, Twilight, and of course, Princess Celestia. As he was about to return he noticed a pegasus just outside a room with quite a few ponies. She was eating with a frustrating look on her face and Squeaky couldn't help but wonder why she looked troubled. He figured it was a habit made from being a superhero. "Hi there."

"Hey," The pegasus responded with anger in her tone.

"What's the matter?" The pegasus got up and whipped the food crumbs off her muzzle.

"I came to the Grand Galloping Gala to hang out with the Wonderbolts, but I can barely get a word in edgewise with them because tons of other ponies keep talking to them, and pulling them away from me when I think I can finally say something to them."

"Edgewise huh, I know how that feels."

"Did you want to talk to the Wonderbolts too?"

"No but- I know who you are, you're Rainbow Dash you won the Young Flyers Competition didn't you?"

"Yeah I did," Rainbow answered with pride. "Did you see it?"

"I wasn't there but it's still hard not to notice something like that. You also saved several ponies from what the princess said."

"Yeah I did, my friend Rarity and several of the Wonderbolts who are here tonight."

"Huh you'd think they want to hang out a bit with the pony that rescued them." Squeaky then saw the Wonderbolts on the other side of the glass and that numerous ponies were pretty much crowding them. So to help them get some space and help Rainbow Dash, Squeaky used a spell that teleported the Wonderbolts outside next to Rainbow Dash. But rather far to the side so the ponies on the other side of the glass couldn't see them.

"What the?" Soarin said, understandably confused.

"What's going on?" Spitfire asked while looking around a bit.

"Just thought you ponies could use some space you looked like you hardly had enough space to breathe," Squeaky answered.

"They were kind of getting all up in our faces," Soarin said, who then noticed Rainbow Dash. "Oh hey Rainbow Dash we were looking for you."

"You were?"

"Yeah we really wanted to hang out with you, then all those other ponies wanted to talk to us too and we couldn't ignore them. Even if we tried."

"We tried to only chat with them for a minute or 2 but they kept dragging the conversations on," Fleetfoot added. "And when we finally finished with one of them there was another ready to pick up where the other left off."

"But since we're out here because of I'm assuming that unicorn over there," Fleet Foot said pointing at Squeaky. "I guess we can hang out with you."

"Really?!" Rainbow Dash said as a big smile appeared on her face.

"I agree with Fleet Foot Spitfire, we should hang out with the pony that saved our lives."

Thank you, Squeaky thought.

"They got me there, we'd love to hang out with you Rainbow Dash. But don't expect to hog us all night; a couple more other ponies would like to talk to us as well."

"Well I guess I can live with that," Rainbow Dash said since it was better than nothing.

"I know an entrance back in," Soarin said. "But let's take the long way."

"Heh, fine with me," Fleet Foot said.

"Same here," Spitfire said.

"Definitely fine with me!" Rainbow Dash excited. The Wonderbolts made their way to a different part of the castle with Rainbow Dash who quickly flew over to Squeaky giving a hoof bump of gratitude.

"Thanks, uh-"

"Squeaky Clean."

"Right, thanks Squeaky." Rainbow Dash then flew back to the Wonderbolts to chat it up.

"Maybe I should just teleport the princess away from Twilight and see how that goes." Squeaky then quickly made his way across the garden and made it back to the princess and Twilight.

"Oh wow you got a lot," Twilight said.

"Yeah, I wanted to make sure you had enough to eat princess, a-and you Twilight."

"Your very considerate Squeaky," Princess Celestia said as she took a bit of the food with her magic and ate it. Squeaky then sat down next to her and tried to talk to her more, but while she did engage him in conversation she was more focused on talking to Twilight who still had a lot to say to her teacher. Squeaky figured he should just wait for the right time to grab the princess's attention but before he realized it all the food was gone and the princess wanted to head back to the grand hall.

So much for having a pleasant conversation with Princess Celestia on the bench.

The 3 were on their way back inside the castle when Twilight noticed her friend Applejack and went over to say hello and Princess Celestia and Squeaky Clean followed.

"Hi Applejack, how are the sales going?"

"Not so well I'm afraid, Twi."

"What? With all these ponies here?"

"Well I'm afraid they're not interested, so much for raising money for mah family." Hearing that Squeaky suddenly thought up a plan to help yet another pony in need.

"Hey Princess Celestia," Squeaky said in a rather loud voice, getting the attention of nearby ponies while paying for an apple fritter and offering it to the princess. "How would you like to try this amazing apple fritter?"

"Actually I'm rather full -" Squeaky winked at the princess as she then noticed other ponies looking at her and she quickly figured out what he was planning. "Yes I would." She grabbed the apple fritter and quickly ate it. "My, how utterly delicious, anypony who truly enjoys quality food should definitely get something to eat here while they have the chance." Suddenly the ponies listening formed a line to get some of the food the princess advertised.

"Now this is more like it!" Applejack nearly shouted with glee.

"Actually princess, I'm still a little hungry. I think I'll get something to eat from Applejack." Twilight then noticed the line was getting rather long and quickly got in it before it got any longer. "I'll meet you in the grand hall."

"Okay Twilight would you like to eat something too Squeaky?"

"No thank you."

"All right then let's get to the grand hall."

Yes! I'm finally alone with the princess! As the 2 of them made their way to the grand hall Squeaky was about to say something to the princess but noticed an unusual smile on her face as she was staring at him.

"What?"

"That was a very crafty plan of yours, using me to market food to the other ponies."

"I just wanted to help that pony."

"Yes, though you're not the only pony that wanted my help with similar stuff."

"What do you mean?"

"Well every once in a while, somepony comes to me asking to put my face on a food product or household item or whatever."

"Oh yeah, I remember this one pony wanted to put your face on his brand of fertilizer."

"He did?"

"Yeah it really took me by surprise too."

"So why hasn't he come to me about this yet?"

"Well he actually came to the castle about that and told Stone Wall about his plan. I overheard the 2 talking, but then he said, and I’m quoting him here, “That blow heart can stand to do something besides sit on her rump all ordering us all around.”

“Oh my, I’m guessing Stone Wall didn’t care for that comment.”

“No, that’s when he threw the stallion out the window."

"Oh my gosh!"

"Don't worry he didn't get hurt. Stone Wall teleported the bags of fertilizer outside to cushion the fall. But, he threw the stallion so he'd land head first and…he was a unicorn, so when he landed-" Princess Celestia bursted into laughter.

"Ha, ha ha t-that's not funny." Princess Celestia then started laughing even harder. It was the kind of laughter that hurt a little, but she got them all out just before making it into the grand hall. "Oh, oh my I haven't laughed that hard in years."

"So, princess." Remember now, play it cool. "Since we're back here would you like to dance?"

"Oh no thank you, I'm on my feet all day, I think I'll just sit down again."

"Oh, all right then." So much for that, now what? Squeaky looked around to see if there was something he could do or get to help put the princess in the mood for romance. But all that got his attention was a pink pony trying to liven up the party. Stone Wall who was patrolling the area at the time was approached by one of the ponies invited to the Gala. A mare with a light purple coat, blonde tail and mane, and a harp for a cutie mark.

"Will you please do something about her?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're a royal guard aren't you? It's your job to help ponies."

"She's not really attacking you or harassing you or anything."

"But can't you see she's ruining the Gala?"

"By what? Actually having fun?"

"Well, I never!"

"That would explain why this party is always a snore fest." Stone Wall then continued his patrol leaving the pony upset and somewhat offended. The princess quickly sat down and Squeaky joined her.

"Thanks for inviting me to the Grand Galloping Gala again princess."

"You're welcome Squeaky I'm really glad you decided to come."

"Me too." Okay just because she doesn't want to dance doesn't mean this night can't be romantic. But I better hurry Twilight could come back at any minute.

"Squeaky you look rather worried, is something on your mind?"

Maybe I should just tell her right now.

"Well princess, I've wanted to, to." Come on keep it together, try opening with a joke. Squeaky then cleared his throat. "So is this gala grand enough for you?"

"Well it is better than many of the ones before, I'm actually enjoying myself."

"What do you mean?"

"Well to tell you the truth Squeaky the Grand Galloping Gala has always been awful."

"Awful?" Squeaky was pretty surprised the princess used that word.

"Yes I invited Twilight and her friends as well as you in hopes that you'd all help make the Gala more pleasant."

"Did we?"

"Well you did what you could, perhaps next year we could talk about improvements to this party."

"I'd really like that princess. The more time with you the better." Princess Celestia then gave Squeaky a warm smile and he took that as a sign to try again. "Princess, there is something I want to tell you."

"Yes."

"Well I want to tell you that- "

"There you are Princess Celestia!" Twilight said as she quickly made her way to the table.

OH OF COURSE SHE COMES BACK NOW! Twilight then sat down next to the princess and started to chat it up with the princess. And just when Squeaky thought he'd have to wait for a while Princess Celestia raised her hoof gesturing to Twilight to stop talking for a while.

"Could you wait just a minute? Squeaky wanted to tell me something." Squeaky suddenly perked up hearing that as the princess turned her head to him. "You were saying Squeaky."

Well to continue," Squeaky started grateful to the princess and kind of downright forgetting Twilight was there. "Princess Celestia I-"

"Hi there Twilight!" Pinkie Pie said as she hopped over to the table.

AH COME ON!

"Hi there Pinkie Pie."

"Twilight, can you help me with something?"

"What's the matter?" Twilight asked, looking concerned.

"The Grand Galloping Gala is boring!" After a minute Twilight replied.

"Is that all?"

"Twilight! A party should never ever be boring, we have to do something."

"This kind of thing happened to me once in high school." The 3 other ponies then turned their heads to Squeaky.

"Really? You came to a big fancy party all excited that you'd have the time of your life but quickly realized you aren't having any fun and even when you tried to make the party super fun none of the other ponies were interested and you wanted to ask your friend what you should do to do something about it?" Pinkie asked.

"No-o I was invited to a party in high school once and came with Stone Wall and a few other friends. We quickly got bored so we left and had our own party at the donut shop.”

"Hey that does sound great, how about we find the others and ask them if they want to join Twilight."

"Would you like to come too Princess Celestia?"

"I'd like to but we'd have to talk to Stone Wall first. Though I'm sure he'll be fine with it."

"All right!" Pinkie Pie jumped from excitement. "Let's go find our friends Twilight."

"So Squeaky, what was that thing you wanted to tell me?"

"You know it can wait until another time." I’ll probably just get interrupted again anyway.

"I see, well then would you like to come with us Squeaky?"

"I think I'll meet you there princess, I'm really in the mood for a donut or 2 right now." Because I deserve something today. Squeaky then made his way to the Donut Joe's shop where the others went the other direction. When Squeaky made it there he chatted it up with Donut Joe for a while until Princess Celestia showed up along with Twilight and her friends.

"Hello Squeaky."

"Oh hi princess," Squeaky said as he turned around to face her. Twilight and her friends sat down together to talk a bit more about their night as the princess approached Squeaky.

"I hope we didn't keep you waiting, it took a little longer than I thought to find all of Twilight's friends and get them here."

"It's fine."

"Oh, by the way, on my way here your name was brought up quite a lot. It seems you've helped not just Twilight and I, but all of her friends."

"Well I wouldn't want their big night to be ruined." Squeaky then got off his seat and looked away from the princess so she wouldn't see the disappointment of his face. Like how mine was. I tried so hard to be with the princess and tell her how I love her. But I hardly talked to her, I've had to run all over the place, and I still can't even tell her about my affection. This has to be without a doubt bar none one of the-

...Best nights of my life, Squeaky finished as he put his hoof on the cheek the princess kissed and a huge smile appeared on his face.

"Thanks for helping us all out." The princess then sat down and Squeaky quickly sat down next to her and the 2 talked for a while. But before long, Princess Celestia had to call it a night. Squeaky wanted her to stay a little but figured it best he left good enough alone. He also decided to offer his last donut to Princess Celestia since he wasn't all that hungry anymore.

"For you princess." Princess Celestia wasted no time in eating it as Squeaky figured she would.

"Thank you very much Squeaky," Princess Celestia said with some donut in her mouth.

"You're welcome." With her sweet tooth satisfied for now, Princess Celestia made her way out and Squeaky did the same after paying for his food.

“Well this was a small victory, but a victory nonetheless,” Squeaky said as he was heading for home. “I guess tonight wasn’t the right night to tell her how I feel. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.”

***

In the mines beneath Canterlot a voice was echoing through the caves to itself. "My my, Twilight and her friends had a rather fun night after all. I wish I could have ruined the whole thing, but all in good time. It won't be long now, I’m going to need some more chaos though." Suddenly the voice’s echo reached to where Scar Flank and Emo Pony who had developed a rather close partnership since their time hiding in the caves were playing cards. "Scar Flank! Emo Pony!"

"Yes?" They replied at the same time as they jumped up and made the cards fly everywhere.

"Are you 2 in the mood to cause some chaos?"

Author's Note:

Edit: I was in a hurry to get this chapter out I forgot to mention that the artwork is the final compliments of Canicus Palentine. Who will be leaving this site for good soon thanks for all the help buddy.

Re-edit: 6/25/2023 Ah, poor Squeaky. Love is hard, not that I would know. :pinkiesad2: I decided to redo the artwork here, this one I did myself. But Canicus Palentine did the original and I gotta give credit where credit is due. I left it below. Thanks for all the help buddy.

PreviousChapters Next