• Published 27th Aug 2017
  • 866 Views, 6 Comments

Thorax's Friendship - BlueCuddlePonyGhost



Thorax has never known true friendship until meeting Spike. After making some more friends, Thorax is feeling more relaxed. But when he thinks about expanding his horizon, Twilight agrees to take him to Ponyville. But will Thorax regret this choice?

  • ...
0
 6
 866

Chapter 3: Ponyville Greetings

Chapter 3: Ponyville Greetings

The sun rose bright and early as Thorax made sure he had everything to pack up... including his teddy bear. It was a gift that Flurry Heart had given him... she had gotten plenty of stuffed animals after The Crystaling and from various holidays. She had felt it was only fair Thorax had a gift from her to keep with him.

Once the packing was done ... everything literally double checked ... the group then said their goodbyes to Princess Cadence, Shining Armour and Flurry Heart.

"We'll see you again Cadence. Don't worry, we'll take good care of Thorax!" Twilight said to her friend after hugging her.

"I'm sorry I need to go Flurry Heart," Thorax said sadly, gently hugging the alicorn, Flurry Heart hugged back with her little arms.

"And in case you miss me ... I want to give you this," Thorax replied, using his changeling magic to give Flurry a plush doll of him. Flurry Heart smiled, then squeezed the plush of her changeling friend. The plush horn glowed a soothing green color, and it spoke.

"I love you Flurry," the plush of Thorax said in the real Thorax's voice. Flurry giggled and cheered with happiness. As she kept squeezing the stuffed changeling, different phrases and words coming out of the doll.

"What does this do? .... Ohhhh! Shiny! .... Like this? .... Hehehehe .... Crystal sandwiches exist? .... Beep! You got my nose! .... Would you like to cuddle? ...." said the stuffed Thorax as the baby Alicorn squeezed it, enjoying the words her new toy said.

"Awwww. That's so kind of you Thorax," Shining Armour said as he turn to the real Thorax.

"You're welcome. Twilight helped put a voice recorder in the plush so it talks. I wanted Flurry Heart to not be lonely when I'm gone," Thorax explained.

"Well, she certainly likes it. Have a safe trip everypony," Princess Cadence responded before one last goodbye was said and the four friends boarded the train.

"To Ponyville sir," Twilight told the conductor pony. He nodded and did as he was told. Luckily, he did not notice Thorax on board or he might have freaked out.

"Ahhhh! I'm so nervous!" Thorax said as he held his stomach with a hoof.

"It's okay Thorax. We'll make sure your introduction is a good one. But first, you need to know some important information," Twilight replied before talking about some of the key details about her friends. She explained about each of her friends, what their cutie mark was, what each pony was like, the events that had occured since the saving of The Crystal Empire, and lastly Starlight Glimmer.

"Wow. That's a lot to remember. I just hope they like me ... " Thorax said, now even more nervous than before.

"Remember what I told you last night, Thorax. And if you need help remembering, we can go over the details again," Twilight reassured him.

"Right. But how do I impress them? Most ponies don't trust my kind. And I'm not surprised why ... " Thorax said, slightly sad.

"Don't worry Thorax. I sent a letter to Princess Celestia explaining the whole thing! She even wants to see you first hoof -"

"WHAT?! You never told me about THAT!!" Thorax exclaimed, crouching in his seat and whimpering nervously. His hooves over his face. The changeling felt like a puppy, concerned about where to hide it's bone. Spike, Twilight, and Starlight all patted the changeling softly.

"There, there, buddy. I know it's a lot to take in, but I made sure Twilight put in a good word for you. Honest," Spike replied before Thorax removed his hooves from his face. Spike hugged Thorax softly before his buddy returned the hug. It was a good minute of hugging until they separated, - then Spike's face turned green.

"Duck down!" Twilight cried out just in time, as all three of Spike's friends ducked just before the baby dragon burst out a green flame that soon turned to paper. Twilight took the scroll with her magic.

"It's from Princess Celestia! Let's see what she said!" Twilight told everyone until she unraveled the scroll. The letter read:

"Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

Normally, bringing a changeling to Ponyville would not be a good idea, and I would be highly against it. However, based on the information, pictures, and feedback from both you and Princess Cadence, I am happy to hear that Spike has found a new friend along with The Crystal Empire. Thorax sounds like quite the interesting guest.

I plan to arrive in Ponyville a few days after you're arrival. I hope I can meet Thorax first hoof to discuss more about his interest in being a nice changeling, as well as his backstory. It may help us better understand Changeling culture and get insight into their lives since not much is known.

I happily await your arrival, and don't mean to intrude on Thorax's visit. He is free to see me any time he can.

All the best,

Princess Celestia"

Thorax and the others blinked. They were not expecting such a positive response from the Ruler of Equestria.

"Wow. Sounds like Celestia already is fond of you Thorax," Starlight commented.

"All thanks to Twilight, Princess Cadence, and Spike. Thank you, all of you ..." Thorax replied before hugging Twilight and Spike individually.

"You're welcome Thorax. I just wanted to keep Celestia informed so she dosen't freak out about you coming to Ponyville. Can't say that my friends will be as calm and enthusiastic though," Twilight cautioned her new friend.

"It's okay. Oh, and when we arrive, can you disguise yourself as something before I introduce you? It would be pretty bad if you came off the train and everypony panicked by just seeing you," Twilight responded. Thorax's ears went back a little but he nodded in understanding.

After several hours of sitting and talking, they arrived at Ponyville.

"Now Thorax!" Twilight said, not wanting Thorax to be discovered so quickly.

"Got it!" Thorax said before he shape-shifted into a green blanket. Twilight, Starlight, and Spike grabbed their belongs - as well as Thorax's stuff - and got off the train. They were immediately greeted by their friends.

"Welcome back!" Pinkie Pie said as she ran over and crushed her three friends in a gleeful, smiling, bear hug. She got a hug back and let them go.

"Looks like you three got quite the load. Let's help you care your luggage. Who's the extra bag for?" Applejack said before she put one of the bags on her back.

"A surprise. Once we get into the castle and put our stuff away, I'll tell you!" Twilight responded as the group walked towards the castle. They eventually got to their rooms, put the bags on the beds, and walked into the throne room. Twilight hung the green blanket over her back. Once everyone was in the room, she put the blanket on the floor.

"Thanks for everything everypony. While visiting the Crystal Empire, Spike ran into a new friend. We didn't really trust him at first, and kinda sent the Crystal Empire into a panic, but soon we got to know his friend. He is actually quite shy and gentle," Twilight explained.

"Thorax, you may show yourself!" Twilight said to the green blanket. A blast of green circles swirled and the blanket turned into the Changeling.

"Hi..." Thorax said nervously.

Comments ( 3 )

Man! I want more! This was great!

Other than the minor grammatical errors/repetitions, this story is very enjoyable so far. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment