• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 177 Views, 0 Comments

The Library of Friendship - FrostyPony17



A compilation of stories inspired by quotes

  • ...
 0
 177

4 Candy and Contradictions

Candy and Contradictions

Fluttershy hummed happily as she watered her sunflowers. They were growing up so fast, at least a couple inches each day! It wouldn’t be long now before they bloomed, and she couldn’t wait to show her friends.

“POP!” “I just don’t understand ponies!”

“EEP! Oh. Hello Discord.”

“Greetings, Fluttershy. I know this is a rather sudden visit, but I had to get away from town for a bit.”

Discord snapped his talon, causing a lemon shaped like a hammock to appear. He hopped into his fruity bed, which held his weight in midair despite not being attached to anything, and began to rant.

“Why is it that my cotton candy clouds are fine sometimes, but making Applejacks pigs sprout wings every time someone says ‘when pigs fly’ isn’t? Or that time when I brought Pinkie Pie’s mane to life Mane-iac style was ok, but bringing cookies to life at the bakery was bad? You ponies are crazy, and that means something coming from me!”

Fluttershy patted his shoulder as he stuck a straw into his hammock. She was forced to avert her eyes from the straw though, it’s twists and turns were not for pony minds to comprehend.

“Now Discord, I’m sure you’ll get things right sooner or later.” She said in a soothing voice. “You just need practice, that’s all.” Fluttershy tried to think of other ways to help him. If there was one thing she knew for sure, it was that ordinary methods wouldn’t work with the Lord of Chaos. She needed something new, something strange, something like…

“Heya Fluttershy! Heya Discord!”

Fluttershy was struck by inspiration as a happy ball of pink came hopping down the road.

“Pinkie! I’m sorry for asking, but could you do a favor for me?”

“Of course! And don’t apologize for it silly!” Pinkie laughed. “I’m happy to help.”

“Um, sorry for apologizing… Oh, I did it again, didn’t I? So-” Discord’s paw snaked down and clamped the yellow mare’s mouth shut for a moment.

“Are you ready to get to the point, my dear?” He asked.
She nodded, and he let go.

“I think Pinkie could explain to you better than I ever could just what separates an acceptable prank from an unacceptable one. And I’m sure you two could have lots of fun together too!”

Discord looked doubtful, but he was no match for Pinkie’s energetic strength as she tugged him toward town all while talking a mile a minute.

“OH, this is gonna be so much fun! First we’ll go to Twilight’s library and mix up all the homophones in her books! Then we can…”

As Pinkie’s voice faded into the distance, Fluttershy couldn’t help but think she may have created a monster. She just wasn’t quite sure which one...

Author's Note:

I... think Twilight might actually burst a blood vessel if those two team up on her precious books. I know I wouldn't be able to read anything like that! Also, I cannot remember the quote that inspired this, so sorry about that.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment