• Published 26th Jul 2017
  • 177 Views, 0 Comments

The Library of Friendship - FrostyPony17



A compilation of stories inspired by quotes

  • ...
 0
 177

3 Respectable Nonsense

Respectable Nonsense

Pinkie still didn’t know just how or when it had happened, but she was finding it harder and harder to surprise her friends with anything, and not just with surprise parties. It was no secret to her that most ponies thought her to be strange. However, very few understood that while she was proud to be a friend to every single pony in town, not many were close enough for her to label them friends to her in return.

Even fewer of those knew her well enough to guess at what she was thinking at any given moment, and go along with whatever she had planned.

Which was how she had gotten to her current position tied in streamers and hanging upside down from the ceiling.of the bakery alongside a snoring Twilight. She had long since stopped struggling, the streamers seemed to multiply when she tried.

She didn’t recall quite what had happened last night, but Rainbow was sleeping in the punch bowl, Rarity had run off with a paper bag over her head screaming about a fashion emergency, Applejack was out looking for her lost hat, and Fluttershy was nowhere to be seen. Probably out reforming street gangs. She tended to do that when she got drunk.

All in all, not a bad birthday party.

But hanging there had given Pinkie a rare moment of quiet to think. When she had cared for the Cake twins for the first time, Twilight hadn’t batted an eye when she answered the door wearing not one, but two diapers. She had simply offered her help.

Rainbow went along with even the craziest of antics, even that one that involved launching Pinkie from her party cannon from Ponyville all the way into Canterlot Castle, just to prove to Twilight it could be done. Celestia had actually thanked them for breaking a particularly ugly stained glass window.

They had also been the first ones in the entire town to not only actually remember her birthday, but throw her a surprise party.

Pinkie smiled as she swayed back and forth. She really had the best friends a pony could ask for. They just seemed to… understand her

Suddenly, the bell atop the front door rang, and she twisted around to see who had entered to become her savior. Fluttershy stumbled into the bakery, blinking the harsh sun out of her eyes. She looked down at the gold chain around her neck emblazoned with “FS” and made an adorable whining sound.

“How does this keep happening?”

“Who cares? Fly up here and untie us! Twilight snores…”




“Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.”

Author's Note:

Fluttershy is now a gangster. That is all.