• Published 1st May 2017
  • 722 Views, 7 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders Necromancers! - CrimsonEquine



The Cutie Mark Crusaders attempt to get their cutie marks by raising the dead.

  • ...
8
 7
 722

Necromancy

It was a darker than usual evening, with the sky covered in darkness and the moon curved like a crescent. Usually it would be peaceful during this time of night, with no pony daring to come out of their homes, with the shadows of night covering the dangers of the outside world. There was three fillies, Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle, having “fun” in the Ponyville Graveyard. It contained numerous gravestones to which ponies were left to rest under that it gave Applebloom the shivers.

“Ugh,,, guys, are ya sure we should be here?”, Applebloom went towards the graveyard’s gate and carefully stepped through the plains with her friends, making sure not to touch anything valuable that could come back to haunt her in the near future.

Sweetie Belle scoffed at Applebloom’s skittishness, they were just dead corpses, there was certainly nothing to worry about. It’s not like they would come out from the ground and try to eat their brains, yet. Even then, they’d be too rickety and old to pose much of a threat and they could just run away if it gets to that point. It took a lot of convincing and planning to get away from their sisters, sans Scootaloo who didn’t have one. Though, they hoped that Rarity and Applejack wouldn’t figure out the lie before it was too late. There was no way they were going to back out from this now.

“Yeah… this does seem kinda creepy if you ask me”, Scootaloo said with a dour face, she continued onward amidst the cold and motionless gravestones that spanned for miles. It seems odd to see how fearless Sweetie Belle was. It almost seemed alien to how she could be so calm in such a scary, quiet place such as this.

They continued forward through the plains filled below with the corpses of dead ponies. It looked to be endless on how many ponies had been left to rot here. Gravestones with different types of designs, some with huge statues of what they looked like when they were alive to small little tablets sitting in patches of graves.

“Oh relax you guys” said Sweetie Belle, “Were almost here! I found the circle I was talking about”, the three paused before a dark circle filled with indentations that were unrecognizable. A type of star inhabited the center and it was deeply dug into the earth. An indented image of some kind of a goat head sat in the middle of the star, and it was terrifying to look at.

“See this circle, we unicorns use it to contact a guy who has two horns on his head, can you believe that he’s the lord of all unicorns? It makes me excited just to meet him”.

Scootaloo scratched her chin, “Lord of all Unicorns? I thought that was Princess Celestia?”.

Applebloom shuddered while staring into the scary face. “I don’t think this is’a good idea”.

“Oh stop being such scaredy cats! Did you guys bring the Grimoire with you?” said Sweetie Belle, “Yall just need to pump your chests up and get to it!”

Applebloom shrugged and pulled out the said grimoire from the satchel she wore. With it out in the open, she could have sworn she heard screams of agony coming from somewhere. Yet, she wouldn’t let her fear get the best of her, she didn’t go to extreme lengths just to puss out for nothing.

“Here it is Sweetie Belle.” she said defeated.

Sweetie took the book and raised it in the air triumphant.

“Come on girls, you wanted to try Necromancy as a way to get our cutie marks” she said gleefully. “Now let's do this together as cutie mark crusaders.”

“Yea she’s right, might as well go through with it after all we’ve been through” said Applebloom.

“Okay then, say it with me!” said Sweetie Belle.

“Cutie Mark Crusaders Necromancers!” they all said in unison.

Woah, whats all the hubub?

They screamed out from the deep, raspy voice they heard. The three of them huddled together in terror and squeezing each other without any remorse. There was certainly no pony around, they had checked to a pretty well degree. The Cutie Mark Crusaders stood there shaking for a while like it was a bad dream to be waited out.

Hey, hey you three, didjall summon me into this here earthly plane now?

They stood together, still shaking.

Now, hold on there, you little fillies don’t need to fear me, I’m just a friendly guy named Lucifer, how can I help yall little ones out?

Sweetie Belle inched her head out and saw the circle with a bright red fire surrounding its frame. She stared at the bright magic surrounding the circle, and pointed the other crusaders towards the bright light with her hoof.

Alright, I can see ya, don’t be shy now.

Sweetie went towards it first, while the others trailed slowly behind. Too afraid to actually confront it.

Ah I see we have a unicorn in our midst, first order is on the house.

“Y-you can t-talk?” said Sweetie Belle.

Well of course I can talk silly filly, I am the dark lord and I had responded to your grimoire being released from that bag.

“Oh.. a okay…” she said.

Well go on then, I don’t have all night and it’s a freebie, gotta work for my Unicorn spawn after all.

“Um, can we raise all the dead in this cemetery, we’re trying to get our cutie marks in necromancy.” said Sweetie Belle.

Alrighty, remember next one is going to be your soul ok? Now watch daddy work!

Suddenly the fire went out from the circle like it was a blown out birthday light. Smoke from the demonic fire went into the air, it having the stench of phosphorus or old cheese. Sweetie caught the smell and coughed heartily from it tainting her nasal senses. A bit of smoke as black as the ominous sky wafted out from her mouth, sailing back into the dreaded dark atmosphere. Suddenly, masses of graves broke out from the earth and decrepit zombies came out, moaning and screaming to the abnormal life given back to them. They crawled with their mangled and decayed bodies towards the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The Crusaders stared at so many of them that they all nearly covered the entirety of the Cemetery.

They all kept crawling before them, to which they suddenly stopped frozen before them in mass.

“I’m a deadpan kinda guy, who likes to spy on little fillies who don’t go beddy bye!” sang one of the dead.

“Da doom da doom doom doom doom”, they all sang together.

The corpses all started to dance, playing music with their bones and straddling their joints like it was some type of guitar.

“It’s time for you fillies to go to sleep! And if it ain’t in your beds, you can sleep with me! In the dirt.”

With the bones getting struck together to make xylophone like music, the corpses started to dance in weird geriatric motions. Their decaying organs moving in unbelievable, body contorting ways. Tap dancing with their own foot bones slapping against each other. Heads spinning out of control while laughing out a gut wrenching cackle. The CMC watched the dead have the time of their lives, and looked to their hindquarters in excitement. They frowned to find nothing on their butts, except a pastel color.

They turned towards where all the corpses were having a hooaut, and found that they were all gone. Back in their dug out graves, as if it never happened. In almost a single moment, the three were guffawed.

“Ugh, ugh..., let's go home before more of em come.” said Applebloom nervously.

She went running out of the graveyard while the rest of the CMC followed after, screaming their heads off from what they just saw.

- - -

Something stirred in the darkness. The fillies now gone, the patch with the circle lit once more. No pony to see the fire, but emerging from the dirt of the circle with the demonic goat face, came a head. It had dark blue skin, the face grinned evilly, before emerging with a full ponies body and a crescent moon cutie mark. She raised her hoof into the sky with her horn and wings emerging from the darkness, and sung with a “OoooH”. Corpses came out of the gravestones to sing with the Princess of the Night.

They all cackled into the sky, as loud as they could.

Comments ( 7 )

It's been done. And a hell of a lot better than this sad, poorly edited mess.

If the original story were to be on 4chan, then this would have been later found on 9gag.

Know what that means.

8131850
I would, if it was less vague and more understandable.

JackRipper
Moderator

8131806
I swear I saw the title and said, "Doesn't this story already exist?" :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment