• Published 7th Mar 2017
  • 585 Views, 9 Comments

Change of Heart - Haillee



The story of Queen Chrysalis and her entracting with ponyville after the mutiny she encountered.. Question is how will she change the ponies she meets along the way?

  • ...
4
 9
 585

The Day at the Castle

Chrysalis, Trance, and Rusty walked home the whole way Trance jumped around showing anypony who would look his cutie mark. Rusty seemed a tad upset that the potion didn't work. Ask they trotted along Rusty stop to see Throax again.

"Rusty, Nice to see you. How did the potion with Zecora go?" Asked Thorax as he looked at Chrysalis.

"Unfortunately, the potion didn't work. But no worries it may come back on its own." Said Rusty looking hopefully at Chrysalis, which she reaches a small grin to give him comfort. It was not a long grin for only a second later Trance grabbed her hoof and started pulling her down the road.
Rusty saw that Trance was going down the street and saw he was heading toward the library. Which was now held in the large castle due to a battle in ponyville had blown up the old Golden Oak Library.

"Best go get them. Before he brings home the library." Joked Rusty.

"Oh, I was heading that way as well mind if I join you?" Asked Thorax.

So, the two friends walked toward the large castle in the town.

Once at the castle, Rusty looked toward the library, on his way he passed his wife. "Peach my love, why are you here?"

"I came for a cook book to help me with dinner. But was that Jane and Trance running through here?" She asked still concerned that her son was not in school.

"Yes, afraid so, Trance thought it to himself that he would follow me and Jane into the woods to Zecora. Did he show his surprise?" Trance asked not wanted to spoil the fact of his cutie mark.

"No, he hadn't don't think he could see me running that fast." She replied as she began to walk with Trance and Thorax. They finally arrived at the library to find Chrysalis holding a stack of books with her magic. Each book was about potion and even more were being added by the young colt. Whom seemed to be pulling every book off the potion shelves.

"Seven." Said Peach as she walked over to Chrysalis. "I don't know why you need all of these but you certainly cannot read them all before they are being overdue. And..." She stopped as she looked at her son who was now look at each cover trying to find the best books that suit his needs.

"You got your cutie mark." Said Peach as she happily lifted her son into the air.

"Shhhhhhhhh!" Hissed a voice from across the library. The voice came from the purple alicorn who was getting closer. Chrysalis dropped the books in shock of two of the ponies she hated most were now stand in front of her. She stepped beside Trance for some comfort.

"Your highness." Said the small family as they bowed their heads.

"No need please. I hate publicity." Said Twilight as she began to flush.

The family stood up and Chrysalis felt a bit of relief that they did. She did not want to be found out now. The ponies from all around the library began to come toward the alicorn with questions and statements on their love for her. Chrysalis stood by Trance as he ignored the crowd looking at more books. Chrysalis stared at Trances bookbag because it seemed quite a bit bigger then when he left for school.

"Umm Trance, What's in your bag?" Asked Chrysalis.

Trance looked at his bag remembering that what he had done. "Oh, Zecora gave me some potions as a basis to help me. This one can cause in explosion!" Said Trance as he looked fascinated at the bottle.

"A grown pony gave a child something that can blow up the house?" Chrysalis asked worried and in sure.

They continued looking at books because Chrysalis didn't feel like pressing the matter to the point where he is annoyed. They looked as peach and Rusty explained the situation of Jane to Twilight. Who was rather interested in finding a solution.

A large pounding came from the closed doors of that castle. Everypony ran to see the commotion Once there they saw a large flash of red light and the doors fell off the hinges.

"Hey! That was an ancient door! Do you have any idea how much it is going to cost to replace it?" Yelled a small purple dragon.

The dust began to settle and in walked a group of bat-ponies. A Stallion with a pair of wings and a dark black coat and a bright red main. A unicorn mare with a light red coat and a yellow main. and small filly with wings by her side. Her head was low and her coat a dark black with a dark blue main. They all seemed to be related. The mare's horn glowed a bright red and following behind them was magic red bubbles, each containing a pony.


"TWILGITH SPARKLE!" Yelled the stallion. As the last of the dust clear Chrysalis saw his face. Steamworth. A pony that only wish is to disturb and rule the ponies that once shunned him for his color. Chrysalis used him as an ally to capture Candace so during their wedding. One he was found out as the pony that let Chrysalis in he was sent away in banishment. It appears he had found his old friend and had finally gotten married.

But that was not the issue the issue was Chrysalis finally saw the faces in the bubbles. They were the friends of the princess. Before she could think much else Trance ran past her and pulled out the potion he claimed will make an explosion. Chrysalis ran after him to try and stop him. But it was too late he yelled. "LET THEM GO!" At the top of his lungs and hurled the bottle toward the stallion. The bottle broke and smoke bomb appeared.

Now the colt stood only 3 yards away from the stallion as he and his family coughed.

"Cute stunt kid. I will kill you first." Said the stallion as he stepped forward Chrysalis saw he was in danger. She remembered her dream and remember something else. He was her friend. She ran in front of him and stood horn glowing ready to pounce.

"You will not!" She spoke sternly.

"Ahh and who is going to stop me? You? Pathetic." He spoke as he got closer.

Chrysalis thought for a moment she can't do much magic in this form. Nor was she going to let her friend get hurt. She had made up her mind. A green ring surrounded her and Trance fell to the ground tripping on a bottle. Chrysalis began to grow taller and holes in her hoofs began to show. Everypony gasped as her true form came out. Peach and Dusty whom was running to protect their son were now frozen in place.

"I will," she spoke as her horn glowed once more. A bright light shot from her horn toward the mare catching her off guard and releasing the bubbles around her. The five friends fell to the ground as their bubble popped. They ran tighter toward the mare to try and stop her from using another spell. Another bright light shot toward the stallion who was still in shock to see his old ally going against them.

Finally, Thorax swept in and other ponies began to get into the fight. Twilight flew over to her friends and Chrysalis saw this as her chance to get away. She may have blown her cover but she still didn't want to be imprisoned. But to no prevail as she tried to sneak out of the cloud of smoke which now was a battle guard in golden armor were wait to point their spear as her throat. Her ears fell back as they put a chain around her hoof. The battle died down behind her and she looked to see Streamworth in chains also held by guard his daughter stood cornered crying. She hoped for mercy for she never wanted any of this. The mare now had a magic protect preventer on her horn and was also in chains. Trance looked around to Chrysalis and spotted her. He began to run toward her, but was stopped by his mother. Who was now looking at Chrysalis with much disgust.

"No mommy she saved me she was only helping. Where are they taking her?" She cried trying to break free of his mother’s grip.

Chrysalis began to walk with the guards her head down and a single tear rolled down her face. The other prisoners followed. Finally Trance bit down on his mother hoof and ran toward Chrysalis. He ran and grabbed on to Chrysalis's hoof and stopped her from walking. The guards began to surround Chrysalis with their spears once more pointed at her. Twilight walked over to the colt who was desperately trying to hold on to his friend.

"Trance, is it? Chrysalis is a changing. She has made it very clear that she hates ponies. She was saving herself. She doesn't care. She never will." She said coldly and plainly. She knew it would hurt the colts feeling but it had to be said.

Chrysalis turned her head and tried not to show the pain on her face. Twilight's horn glowed as the now scream colt was pulled from her leg. Downstairs she went with the guards and into her own cell. There she was left alone and let her emotions get the best of her. She let out a final scream in anger before laying down and cried.

Author's Note:

Ok so i had this one planned for a while. Still looking for an editor, if you know one that can help me that would be amazing. I am afraid my mother took one look at The Nightly War and then began to cry. She was rather scared of the fact of demons in ponies:twilightoops: She has refused to read any of my stories horror or not. She doesn't really trust me.....